SFV looks like trash

Seriously Capcom what did you do? SFV looks like a more watered down version of SF4. It doesn’t even look good. About the only thing I like about SFV is the stage art. Everything else just doesn’t look as good. They took out the focus attack mechanic and added a perry mechanic? What the hell capcom? I know a lot of people didn’t like the focus attack system but I thought it was a great system because of the fact you could cancel special moves to extend your combo’s. Now you can’t even do that. You can’t even low forward into fireball cancel the fireball dash foward and continue the combo. One of the best selling point of SF4 was watching ryu shoryuken FADC cancel into ultra. Like what the capcom? Capcom you really did a number this time. This game looks like preschool street fighter now. Also some of the characters look like they were made for a three year old. Bison, Zangief, Akuma art look’s cheese. If you make a street fighter 6 please just don’t okay. Save face before it’s to late goodbye.

1 Like

It took you 4 years to realize Focus Attack wasn’t in the game anymore?

3 Likes

Sf4 wasn’t good either. The idea that you can just ¯_(ツ)_/¯ cancel a mistimed or blocked DP is lulz.

3 Likes

What a great thread. Thank you for making a completley useless post into an even more useless thread. I can’t wait to see the other great contributions you make to SRK. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t know much about SF5’s game-play mechanic but visually it does look like trash… but so did SF4.

1 Like

You can’t cancel a mistimed DP in sf4. It’s only good for safe reversals. Nice try though.

I mean mistimed as in if you drop your combo and they’re able to block it, but should have just said blocked. Still a dumb af mechanic and no amount of rosey glasses changes that.

1 Like

Haha, that is such a minor detail. I can understand if you don’t like the safe reversals but like who the hell drops their DP combo’s? I mean come on I hit 1frame links all day. Like seriously the fact that missing a combo and being able to cancel that combo literally mean’s nothing. If i feel as though I can’t hit a one frame link then I just do a easier combo. You seem lazy. Also you need the damage from a successfull dragon punch anyways so it’s not like you can abuse that and blatantly miss your combo’s and make them safe lol.

How is it a minor detail that you an cancel a high risk invincible move that requires commitment if it gets blocked? You don’t sound like you know much about the game.

1 Like

You said if you drop your combo you can make it safe. Ya that might work online because online is shit but in actually face to face matches that isn’t worth shit. Now having a safe reversal is also punishable if your actually paying attention to it with a long range normal, special move, or super. have a nice day.

I’ve watched people do it in tournies, at Evo, etc. Dude, just face it, you’re shitting on SFV by stanning for a worse game with worse mechanics that you apparently don’t know that much about :joy: Delete your account

2 Likes

Listen if you want to criticize sf4 do it for a good reason. Okay? Like the fact that there is a transgender character called poison in it. Or that it is to politically correct and that some of the stages are really childish. I’m not even defending street fighter it has it’s flaws especially with the counter match ups. But sf5 literally doesn’t even have re-playability aside from like 24 hours.

For real though scrubs go to evo all the time. I went to evo in 09 when I was a scrub. Happens.

No, i’ve known but i’m starting to realize it sucks.

2 Likes

Oh boy, these are some spicy takes. It’s one of those threads, huh?

No they didn’t. :rofl:
Only like, 3 characters have parries. Also, imagine stanning Focus Attack. That mechanic was the shittiest thing. :rofl:

Yes, because safe, invincible reversals make for some riveting gameplay. :rofl:

Lag happens?

What the fuck?

Guess this will be a short thread after all.

Come on Zio, it’s quarantine time. I’m bored. We all know both IV and V were shit games anyway.

1 Like

LOL

3 Likes

Oh man. These trolls are getting more ballsy and more stupid at the same time. Can’t even get your material straight.

I know you’re just some dumbass alt, but just to indulge you for a sec… Poison is in both 4&5.

1 Like