SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Apparently there are hints towards Alex and Oro being in the game, so I would assume they’re next. Possibly a new character as well.

Those statues ?

I’d like to see a female character on the larger side. Not fat like Birdie or Ellie from Borderlands. Just a larger girl with some Size on her compared to the other females. Or maybe just make R.Mika a lil heavier with a bit more muscle. Also a character that fights with atleticism and momentum. like have a momentum based mechanic in which the character’s moves can do more damage and or have added effects if he/she performs them while in the middle of a dash or jump. I.E the character’s normal throw which is a soft knock down, if performed on the move it becomes a hard knock down in which he/she lunges at the foe and uses that momentum to perform a harder hitting throw/takedown.

I played cvs2 today,
[list]
[] Maki isn’t as good as I remembered. Not feeling her.
[
] Played Eagle, still awesome and with a moveset that’d definitely complement SFV based on what I’ve seen.
[/list]

Gah! Forgot Claw! Vega would definitely make a great addition.

The Alpha 3 GBA port also had her:

Though she looks more like a KOF character than SF. Blargh!

Capcom and Combofiend are trying too hard to make SF5 “so different” from SF4.

Honestly, it looks dull as all hell. I sincerely hope they don’t replace SF4 with SF5 for tournaments and CPT’s.

I expect a completely unwanted, weird, and unexpected character to be revealed next, so **Combofiend **can show up on a stream and say
"OOOH, hahaha, I bet you, heheheh, didn’t expect, hahahaha… that oooone!!! Hahahaha" Fake.

I’m expecting at least 2 SF4-exclusive charactera and 2 SF3-exclusive characters to make it into SF5. There’s no doubt about that. We already have 1 original character (Ryu), 2 SF2 characters (Chun Li and Bison), and 2 SF Alpha characters (Charlie and Birdie)

Following that logic, Ken is also guaranteed a spot (also an original character).
This would make 2 chars per every numeric iteration of street fighter, plus 2 entirely new characters. That makes it 13 characters total. If the 16 char on launch rumor is true, they might just throw in 2 another entirely new chars, which would make it 15, and the 16th one would either be Akuma, or somebody else like that. And there we go.

This would be a good balance, at least in my opinion

Also if another rumor, that is that Capcom is gonna follow the Killer Instinct update scheme by “Seasons” instead of new updates/releases like SF2 and SF4, they could also add 4-6 characters per “season”, something like 1 char from SF2, Alpha, 3, and 4, or 2 chars from 2, Alpha and 3, for example.
I think 4 entirely new chars should do fine for the time being, but we’ll see how they do from here

I think the obvious trolling is obvious , lel

@Fatal1ty_93_RUS thats a nice analysis , so going by this , I think maybe a char from SFIII maybe revealed next

I actually think they are going to announce two characters at EVO, one of which would be a veteran, and one of which would be a new one, or both of them could be new, since Ono is going to EVO, I bet he has a viable reason to, especially this time around. Announcing 1-2 new characters would be a great opportunity for that, considering EVO is the biggest FGC scene in the world

After watching the Oro/Alex commissioned statue video I think this pretty much confirms both characters. Oro could actually be the one sharing Ryu’s stage since he is originally Japanese and if this takes place after SF3 it would make sense for Oro to be close to Ryu.

I also think the chances of Alex not being in are ridiculously low. They’ve been low ever since we saw him in the sfxt billboard.

So Ken, Alex, Oro, and Urien are gonna be the next revealed characters IMO. The only character that is almost as likely as these 4 are now is Rose and probably Akuma cuz he’s a cockroach. Maaahk my woorrrrds.

Maki would be a great replacement for Guy. I’d welcome her in.

PLEASE let Guile be in this game…I will be crushed if he isn’t.

Psycho crushed surely. :trollface:

(sorry, I’ll go now)

Daemos pls

After playing TTT2 off and on for a few years, I always thought Ingrid sort of reminded me of Lili before there was Lili in how she looks, while Karin reminds me of her in the whole rich girl way.

And damn, I forgot the GBA version has Yun in it.

Kinda agree on everything except Rose

Ken - due tradition, popularity, $$$… but may risk end up in 2nd wave of characters as easy consumers bait. Not include Ken at all is money suicide and capcom love money. Also imho they probably made Ryu slow-as-fuck and hard hitter to accentuate the differences with Ken

Alex - Pretty much sure, i ever think that he was’nt in SF4 saga because they wanted keep some big name for future games (SFV)

Oro - very likely, one with the not-in-sf4 factor that already helped Charlie and Birdie to be chosen. Also cool V-potential

Urien - I hope and think he will be in. Seem requested and popular, SF3 char, not-in-sf4. Also Charlie forehead gem and Egypt stage already hint illuminati, and probably Urien or Gill will be involed

Akuma- whatever, they will put him in. I hope at least they HEAVY restyle both his chara design and his style, pushing on his unique stuff and minimizing the shoto side

And last

Rose- I don’t know. I see no clear reason to have her in. Yeah Bison is in, but that just mean that she’s alive too, not necessary in the game.
I don’t want but neither oppose her in SFV, i suppose at least she can have some interessing V-mechanic and a beautiful italian stage (still hope for a not-Rose/female italian char :frowning: )
I know (kinda i’m not into the story) as canon story she have some super important role but tbh for what i care they can just show/mention her in story (or don’t do it) and call it a day

Said that i’m kinda neutral, i’ve a lot of characters that i will give a slot instead her, but also a good number of chars i like waaay less

I will profess my love for you if that comes true

I hope it’s Oro, Urien, or Necro. Very cool characters with slick designs that are not your typical “I’m just a buff dude, sup?” kind of deal.

Urien’s V-Trigger could be similar to Cammy’s in that he can deploy an Aegis but it consumes some of the meter once it’s engaged. That way he could get two reflectors on screen, but it would not last as long as a single reflector.

Considering we got Cammy (who was in SF4 already) and Birdie (who had a virtually nonexistent fanbase though hasn’t been seen in awhile), I think the next character is going to make a big splash on name alone. I’m thinking Ken, Alex, or Karin. It would have been nice to have a teaser at the end of e3 for the next character, but perhaps they are going to be releasing in 2s from now on.

So naked men are very cool and slick?

Whatever floats your boat I guess.