SFV Character Request/Anticipation Thread

Source? I think if they want a character to be included they don’t need a 2 years span, they could have a group of choices and decide which character including in the existent roster. Then if Makoto it’s there or not that’s another story, but the same goes for every character who previously was playable in a SF game. I can survive anyway, I have still a lot of work to do with Zeku atm, but I can’t be positively surprised by the love my fav character gets?

Q/Oro (depending on G)
Rose
Viper
Eagle/Dudley/Lee
Sodom/Honda/Fei Long
New

This makes most sense to me for S4.

Close to what i will like

Q to be revealed being G in S3

S4

Oro
Rose
Viper Makoto
Eagle or Sodom
Fei Long
New -> Tom

Tom or Remy’s Dad both make a lot of sense as new characters to me. So does Effie.

They could easily change a new character identity within 2-3 months, but not the likes of establish returning characters.

Since a Final Fight character wasn’t intended to be added in SFV in the beginning…

Let see how the NEW Cody plays now.

I just realized that one of the Shadaloo Soldier’s special moves is a bad attempt at a Psycho Crusher. Oh Capcom :heart:

I don’t think they are the same character like others have said, but based on what we know I’m willing to bet that they come from the same group/faction.

Xkira has been saying there is a Shadow Characters…

not bad if there is, I like the Shadow stuff…

Hah I noticed that too, pretty cool tbh

I’ve never used Bison as my main character when Psycho Crusher isn’t his default move. Same story for his original SF2/SF4 gdlk walkspeed. Now he’s powerful than ever, but I miss doing PC whenever I want and frustrating fools dancing around their buttons.

Yeah. SF2/SF4 Bison for life.

Xkira datamine

• I will like Tom, but tbh i think if they do they will put him in same season as Gill… so i think if he get in he will be last season material sadly

• Remy’s dad i will be very ok with it, they could take the good things of Remy (France rep, Savate rep) without the shitty things of Remy (Remy)

• Effie i hope will be in as assist char of Necro, like Nadeshiko is to R.Mika. Not a fan of her taking a slot

• Considering that we’re getting Falke i will not be that surprised if in S4 maybe they will use theyr “new” picks for Knife dude and Gorilla, completing the Neo Shadaloo group seen in that first Bengus artwork

He says Shadow Lady is the hardest so far.

CvS2 Bison for life actually. However, SF5 Bison is up there and shits all over SF4 Bison who hit like a bitch.

I’m getting EX3 flashbacks.

On the subject of characters…
I’m no pro, but as an aspiring concept artist, I know there is a big difference between designing a totally new character and redesigning an existing character. Just because a character like Kolin was in the concept phase long before SFV came out doesn’t mean much in terms of DLC seasons. There could be concepts for plenty of characters that aren’t even going to be added, including existing characters. But I do agree that there is probably solid planning already done for most of the game.

In terms of that planning though, I do think there is leniency and room for change. I know this isn’t a great example, but who remembers the uproar when people saw Alex wasn’t in the base game? Then suddenly he was the first DLC character to be released. He was definitely being worked on and planned, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the uproar caused him to be first on the list.

Not saying this to cling to hope for Makoto or anything. SFxTekken was enough to prove Capcom does not prioritize the character.

On another note, I’m worried about any Viper fans out there. I really feel that character is gonna get the Juri treatment if they add her. And I used to consider Juri in my top 3.

Also, I won’t be surprised if they don’t keep adding 2 new characters. They risked an entire season adding new characters, then dropped 2 more during the re-release. It makes me feel like they were rushing in the new faces for this moment. Making new characters toward the second half of the game seems like an odd choice. Either they won’t be iconic among fans, or they were just not good enough as ideas to make it in already.

Honestly it depends. A new character is a clean slate. You can do what you ever you like. Existing characters can be a bear. Some times existing characters can be easier some times they can more of a chore to design. I have feeling that Cody is going to be a huge departure from his SF4 and SFA3 renditions. I think he is going to induce Juri levels of salt.

Yeah, I’m happy to see him back, but I felt like Ed was Capcom attempt to substitute him. The bored attitude, the similar music… Would be surprising if they changed even his gameplay besides his role in the story. If Cody was planned since the beginning ‘maybe’ this change is intentional, but I hope his gameplay will stay the same like Sakura. A Juri treatment on Cody would make his fans riot for sure.

Initially Final Fight Characters wasn’t meant to be in, The demands of Cody made him comeback but probably not the Cody we knew.

Capcom probably testing moves set of blank models ahead before the visuals is decided at some point.

Like Ibuki could have been Sarai which is Ibuki’s friend.

Or Cody could have been Kyle…

Flauke could have been Jianyu initially…

Kolin could have been another assistant for Urien or a twin sister instead, but due to positive reaction and demands it turned out to be Kolin as is. Take note the silhouette was shown differently than Kolin that takes place after ASF.

Reaction and request do affect character release but not in the way we think about it, not as a whole.

People should be be also critical in requesting specific character not just by naming but as of FUNCTIONS

Ibuki SF3 is never Ibuki SF4

Okay

Can’t agree more. His just named Cody but he’ll likely move differently now…