SFA3 Revival 2012 begins here!

I re-picked up this game hardcore in the past few weeks and people in my city (montreal) started playing again. Not only the old faces but some new ones too. I’m going to try and make a scene for it again and I want everyone else to do the same thing !

I’ve been out of the loop so I’m curious as to who the players are to watch for in Japan and on GGPO.
Can someone fill me in ?

I’ll mostly be playing live but I’ll look to observe top players playing all sorts of characters and increase the number of characters I play.

Let’s keep this game alive people !!
Go for broke !!

If you watch matches on GGPO watch the UK players, most of them are pretty good. A couple of years ago a few of the really good japanese players were player on ggpo regularly, IIRC Nekonohi was on there for a while.

also look up acho street alpha 3 on youtube and you will find a whole lot of alpha 3 videos…

For anybody in the Socal region still interested in playing A3, please join the Facebook page, so we can get organized and get together for some games.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/475002559197074/

Unfortunately, the GGPO A3 scene has died a lot in recent months. There used to be quite a lot of regular top level players, but many of them have disappeared. Here’s a list of current GGPO players who are respected in the tiny community that still exists:

As someone said above, pretty much every U.K. player is excellent. This includes:
SEH - has mastered several characters; not sure who he mains. The roster?
41i45 - Good AV-Karin
Nonegiven - several characters, mostly shotos I think
TBRM - really good Gief (especially in V-ism); knows quite a few other characters too
The Don - Akuma, several more

For US/NA players:
Epistem - Probably the best American player on GGPO. Uses mostly top tier though (V-Sak, AV-Charlie, etc.)
OCxRidah - good with Sim, Gen, Ryu. I think he uses quite a few characters.
Booker - Mainly uses Rolento, solid player
Kyokuji - V-Cody
Papaa - Charlie, Akuma
Guy767 - Pretty good A-Guy.
1WagonAxle - very tricky X/A/V-Blanka
Haqq215 - mainly uses Shotos from what I’ve seen. Solid player.
Jagger - not sure who he mains, but again, solid player

I’m sure I’m missing a lot, but these tend to be the names I see most often.