SFA2 RANBAT #2 FRIDAY Nov/30/2012 Now w Results and Videos!

Since this is going to be weekly, I will just update thread tittle and organize everything here.

Second SFA2 Ranking Battle. I plan to do 2 per week on fix days, one on weekends and another one on weekdays. I will announce what specific days later.

You may sign up here or in the ggpo lobby at about 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. I will make the bracket at 8:00.

We have a site now. [SIZE=13px]http://www.ggpoarena.com[/SIZE]
The following sections that you can found there:
Current Rules
Updated Rankings.
Past Ranbats videos and results.
Able to upload and download ggpo replays, which can be seen using FBA.
Forums.

Rules:

—When announcing official Ranbats results, always talk in all CAPS.
Example:

LuvMyCap: UNLIMITED2FIGHT VS AMBIGOUSAMPHIBIAN WHO WON?
Unlimited2fight: I WON VS AMBIGOUSAMPHIBIAN 2-1
AmbigousAmphibian: I LOST TO UNLIMITED2FIGHT 2-1
ETC…

— DO NOT PLAY YOUR MATCH UNTIL TOLD TO!!! EVEN IF YOU SEE IN THE BRACKETS THAT YOUR MATCH IS AVAILABLE TO BE PLAY.

— 2/3. 3/5 winners and losers finals. 4/7 grand finals.

— Double Elimination format.

—If you win a match in a set, you must play the same character. The loser may choose any character.

—Always report the result of your match to me asap.

—Once you start playing a ranbat match, you must continue without compromise. You may try a restart once if it gets too laggy, but this must be done in between matches or if otherwise agreed on by both parties.

-If both parties agree on a restart or in between matches, the match will continue from the point it left off.
-If you quit mid game without consent from your opponent, you lose that set. Your opponent will advance.
-Once a match starts, neither party is obligated to stop or hold back for any reason. A winner will be determined and you need not hold back for anyone for any reason.

Dropping/Leaving:
If you cannot complete the ranbat in it’s entirety, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY. If you decide to leave, forfeit, quit, can’t play anymore, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IMMEDIATELY. You will be given 5 minutes to report to your match, or you are DQ’ed.

Disqualification ( DQ’ed):
If you are disqualified for ANY reason, you lose all points for that ranbat, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE RANBAT. EVEN FINALS. Those points will just be forfeited altogether.

Ranking System:

Each player that enters the ranbats represents 10 points. Everyone who plays in these ranbats will ALWAYS receive points. The higher you place, the more points. You will be awarded points based on your performance. 1st place will always get the number of points total. So, if 8 players show up, total point count is 80. 1st always get the number of points available. 2nd always gets 50% of 1st place. 3rd always gets 30% of 1st place. 4th gets 25%, 5th 20%, 7th 17%, 9th 14% 13th 10% 15th-XXXXX 5%
Example:

16 player tournament:
1st = 160
2nd = 80
3rd = 48
4th = 40
5th = 32
7th = 27
9th = 22
13th = 16

I will be maintaining, updating and recording this information and posting it on a DAILY basis for everyone to keep track of.

Any comments/suggestions are ALWAYS welcome. THANKS!

Fragment of original post:
{So this is a series of Ranking Battles that I am planning to do for Street Fighter Alpha2. Of course you will be awarded points which will be use to seed you on upcoming tournaments. I promise for the first official tournament to have a 20$ pool, prizes given via PayPal. Lets see what happens from there. This is inspire of when ggpo first start and alpha 2 was the only game there. Special thanks to the tharimrattler and roybisel for making some awesome tournaments back then.}

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I putting the link to my other thread on ggpo forums were the original thread is and a couple of matches.

http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5443

SFA2 Ranbat#1 Nov/24/2012

Videos: [media=youtube]sGf7n57Rv9M[/media]

Tournament done and over. I made mistake of using bracketmaker and people could not see brackets. Il be using challonge next one, so hopefully things run more smoothly.

Results: 9 Players

1. OCxRiDaH…90
  2. Unlimited2fight…45
  3. AmbigouslyAmphibian…27
  4. Daigo…22
  5. whiplash…18
  6. [BlkPowa]Souless…18
  7. Captain_N00B…15
  8. Guy767…15
  9. DarkBakura…13
    LK-7T2-(Forfiet)

I place people on brackets in order of sign ups, but from here on seeding will take place.

I remake bracket at challonge site so people could had an idea how the ranbat went.http://images.challonge.com/SFA2ranbat1.png

I was no able to record many matches but videos are coming soon.