SF4 Akuma Combos

This doesn’t make sense to me.

Good job man thanks for the help.

Just one thing. This combo 308: c.LK-c.LP, c.MP -> QCB+LK, DP+LP -> FADC, HCB+HP… works way better with DP+HP. Just have to cancel out at the right time.

the reasoning is that lp srks do much more damage, when hp srks divide the over all damage into 3 segments. zz

very nice trag, im super new to SF(in general) this will be extremely helpful.

i have a few questions that i haven’t seen in the akuma forum yet.

in challenge mode you must do a FA then link it to a HP. i have tried all 3 stages of the FA. but the recovery of the FA to the start of frames of the HP just seem… unrealistic to have the link. i know its possible but what am i missing?

second wtf is an EX FA? is that a charge FA to a stage 2 or 3 FA?

You have to dash cancel the FA. Right after you release, tap f,f. That will make you dash immediately after the hit. This not only puts you in their face, but actually recovers faster than leaving it.

can sumone get this guy the SF decorder ring …just kidding. its abit of short hand we use to make typing quicker…it vairies from persion/persions, trag did put a explination of his shorthand that you may have missd

*- indicates a chain (moves can be almost mashed out, but you will be unable to 2-1 cancel)
c crouching version of normal attack
© close version of normal attack
(f) far version of normal attack
[#] Amount of EX Meters required
FADC Focus Attack Dash Dance

• recommended combo (easy to do in a match)*

hope that helped you out

Man I can never get the timing for this down with a DP+HP or DP+LP it is soo frustrating. I just can’t figure this out. Before I saw this thread I didn’t even think it was possible.

Is the HCB+HP even done as a juggle?

Threads like this are what srk is all about.

No, the “link” is between the c.LP and the c.LK.

In training mode, try c.LKx3(mashing) and then QCB+LK. It won’t come out.

Now try c.LPx3(mashing) and then QCB+LK. It also won’t come out.

However, just c.LP or c.LK (1 time) followed by QCB+LK will work.

Rapid fire (basically chaining the same move or other chainable moves) are generally not cancelable when they are light attacks.

The trick to combos like these is to not chain the light attacks when you want to cancel out, and instead use the hit stun of one move, let it fully recover, then hit another light attack (non chain) while the opponent is still in hitstun, so that you can cancel out of it.

Here is an example (with arbitrary numbers).

Let’s say a c.LK is a 6 frame move (6 total frames) and it hits on frame 2.

So you press the button once, and the move hits on frame two, and before it recovers, you press the button again (say on frame 5). This cancels the 6’th frame of the move, and starts the move again… thus, “rapid fire”.

A link would be: press the button once, the move hits on frame two (as in the previous example), you wait until the move COMPLETELY recovers (so all 6 frames have animated) and you press the button for another kick on the next frame (which would be the 7th frame in this sequence). The first move has recovered, so now the next move is a “link” and not a “rapid fire / chain”.

Hope that helps.

I love you.

This was the best example to describe the differences between linking and chaining. Thank you.

Now for the magical question. If my opponent is crouching and I successfully hit him with a c.lk and a link into another c.lk followed by a tatsu, will the tatsu hit (even though he’s crouching)?

…if they link i think it should.

Hey Trag, for cross ups I’m currently using “j.mk, s.HP, qcb.+lk, dp+hp”, but I need to replace the HP with something that i can use to hit confirm, is c. lk, c. lp my best bet?

No, if they are crouching it will not hit. If they are crouching the combo needs to include something that forces them to stand.

Also crouch LK does not link to crouch LK, that’s why the combos first chain to LP then link to something.

Hey trag, great list, thanks alot. Really helping me out, although Im still waiting for my arcade stick to arrive… A question though. If you had to pick out five of these combos as the most useful. Which ones would it be? Could use some help on what to focus mostly on.

[media=youtube]yGS5b6SK4FM[/media] momochi vs daigo watch the combo at 1:10. he does it a few times throughout the match. is he hitting c.lp or c.mp after the roundhouse? would that be chained or linked?

EDIT wrong link haha

This was already answered… but to confirm; LK Tatsu will not hit a crouching opponent unless you get a c.HP in first (c.HP will stand the opponent up).

Well, depending on your timing (and your connection if you are online) you have a few options. The easiest hit confirmation options give less damage due to the amount of hits added.

180: crossup MK, c.LP-c.LP, c.LK -> QCB+LK…
205: crossup MK, c.LP, c.MP -> QCB+LK…
229: crossup MK, c.LP, HP© -> QCB+LK…

Of course, there are other links you can do as well, but these are the basics.

*[0] 322: HP©, QCB+LK, DP+HP (can also use c.HP to start)
*[0] 389: jump HK, HP© -> QCB+LK, DP+HP

These are to be used when you have a guaranteed opener… such as someone missing a DP or a Flash Kick, or you have a free jump-in etc.

*[0] 229: c.LK-c.LP, c.LK -> QCB+LK, DP+HP (vs standing only)

This is for when you have an empty jump (jump in with nothing and just land and attack low). The main part of this combo that you need to practice, however, is the c.LP, c.LK link. You may find yourself using c.LP, c.LK -> QCB+LK… more than you think.

These are the most basic 3 combos you should learn. Now, if you have meter, you can finish each of the combos with DP+LP -> FADC, HCB+HP. Focus on each element of the combos above and get them to the point where you never miss. Then start focusing on finishing with the FADC.

I think you linked the wrong thing… but that’s ok, I know what you are talking about.

He’s using c.LP after stand HK(2-hits), and it is a link. You can actually link stand HP© but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Wow thanks alot, and for describing in detail! I’ll get down to it, lots of practise ahead. =D

this is a trill ass combo list.

madpropz OP.

I absolutly love these 2 combos

*[0] 322: c.HP, QCB+LK, DP+HP
*[0] 389: jump HK, HP© -> QCB+LK, DP+HP

still need alot of my work on my cross up game though, i cant seem to pull off the jumpin MK and land on the other side of my oponent everytime…its kind of a hit or miss thing for me…any tips :sweat:

thanks alot for the help trag, I would say I have the link down at like 60-70%, but in matches I have trouble getting close enough to get the combo in(since I pretty much play runaway) would you recommend jumping in/dashing up or using s.HK to get close enough to use the combo?

Also, anyone got the st.HK links down solid? I’ve been playing around with trying to double tap the links but they still don’t come out consistent. Anyone got some tips for getting it consistent?

Well, once you get the combos down, you need to figure out how to land them. This is usually the hardest part since you are typically getting attacked while trying to get in a hit yourself. This thread is more about what Akuma can do when given an opportunity, not how to get that opportunity. I may start including setups and such, but that would probably be a different thread. For now, focus on finding the right distance after a combo ending in QCB+LK -> DP. This is a more typical opportunity to go for a crossup. Any other stuff, I’ll probably add to the top post or start a new thread entirely.

If your entire game is based around being as safe as possible and running away in the hopes of forcing your opponent to make a mistake, then don’t bother jumping in. Instead, try to get your opponent to walk into an air fireball in which you can follow with stand HK(2-hits). On the other hand, if you are all about the rushdown, learn your distances and try getting that c.LK or c.LP in so you can combo into the QCB+LK. This can come after a crossup, an empty jump, when the opponent tries to walk up and throw you etc.

These are relatively easy once you get the timing down. Just remember that you have to wait a little but after the stand HK(2-hits) before you follow-up with an attack. c.LP is very simple to hit offline, and depending on your connection, it’s not too bad online either. You really need to watch and recognize your distances. If the oppnent is too far for a c.LP link, don’t do it. You can instead opt for c.MK (hit or blocked for pressure), teleport away (for the safe players), or take the “wait and see” approach by doing nothing.

do you double tap c.LP?