sf2ce

Because GD likes teh trolls better~

man, iā€™m going to shanghai in 29 days. yes, iā€™m counting down to the days. and iā€™m going to liehuo arcade tooā€¦god, iā€™m gonna get owned on ce. i canā€™t even remember the timing of that game anymoreā€¦great vidsā€¦ce is a great game all around. maybe iā€™m just old school and sentimental, but i still have fond memories of the classic games.

hope to have another ce gathering at liehuo in future! iā€™d like to get owned by sonic booms.

on the side note, shanghai has several arcadesā€¦but believe it or not, for the size of that city, thereā€™s only 2 or 3 3s machines. and i heard oneo f them is poorly maintained too. so, 14 million ppl, 3 machines. i better start lining up for my games now.

pwnd!:wow::pleased: spoken like a true street fighter!:karate:

i find it funny with 20+ cabs CE setup side to side with the year 2005 on the vid funny! :lol:

nice to know the asia have trouble combing in this game with the 1/18th sec frame to combo! kick kick kick kick is a combo! :cool:

I know, I was exaggerating, but Iā€™ve only heard of one CE machine (on a tournament flyer) that actually sees competition in California. :sad: Thereā€™s one on a 8-game machine (also has World Warrior) at the Dave and Busterā€™s here in San Diego, but it sees no comp whatsoever.

Anyhoo, nice work, sf2ce_korea. DLā€™ing all, and will look forward to watching. Thank you! :slight_smile:

That 'Gief player kept missing chances for SPDā€™s.
Heā€™d tick the Ryu player with a standing LK but then not do anything afterwords.

This whole Stop playing other version of SF2 and just play ST line is getting old already and quite frankly tasteless!
People want to actually play CE, Hyper Fighting and AE because its a change from typical ST I mean my God already!!!

Those are some kick ass fights with a very good level :tup:
Thanks for sharing the videos korea_sf2ce.

Thanks for posting the matches Kimchi :slight_smile:
Great to see people playing the CPS1 versions of Street Fighter 2. Please could you answer these questions?

1. How can I save the movies on your site? I cannot read the Korean, and ā€œSave asā€ does not work :tdown:

2. Please could you post LINKS to other sites for SF2:CE, SF2:HF or Hyper SF2. Especialy sites that have MOVIES.

3. Korean players in you movies do not use the ā€œCPS1 CHAINā€ combos:
    http://www.video-opera.com/features/f0016.php
    http://perso.numericable.fr/~bkenneth/GuileCE.mpg
    Did you not know about it, or is it banned in your tournaments?

4. I once saw movies from a SF2:HF tournament from GangZhou in China on cln1.com. Thier SF2:HF machines ran as slow as SF2:CE. Do you know why this is?

5. Do your SF2:CE players fight agianst SSF2TX players on HyperSF2? Do you have HyperSF@ tournaments also?

Thanks very much again for posting the movies. :tup:

PS I only just realised CE Ryu can Cyclone Kick through Fireballs! I thought that only HF Ryu could do that?!?

There was an AE machine right next to one of the CE machines, in the intro video, wasnā€™t there (I saw the ā€œ15ā€ logo)?

Just to clarify the emu issue, it also affects ST. For some reason, HFā€™s and STā€™s speed is processor-dependant. In Kawaks, and I think FBA, you can adjust CPU clock speed. Changing it from 12mhz (default) to 8mhz corrects the speed-up issue.

Hi.
Thanks for replies, you guys.
I think I have to tell you something.

1. We (http://cafe.daum.net/sf2ce) are playing original and world version
    (not Japanese version) of sf2ce in arcade only.
    {We are playing <<real>> fighting game only.}
    We are not playing emul(mame, kawaks, kaillera) and other later versions of sf2ce.
    (like hyer, sf3 ā€¦)
    And we are not playing sf2.
    (itā€™s the original fighting game but itā€™s too slow and have several problems to play in now.) / And thereā€™s no teenagers in us.(For reference, Iā€™m 33 years old.)

2. Iā€™m going to link more korean sf2ce games but not going to use new reply.
    I mean Iā€™m going to add to pre-reply for a) and b).
    a) the 1st Korean sf2ce tournement
    b) the 2nd Korean sf2ce tournement
    c) Chinese sf2ce gamers meeting
    d) the normal playing of Korean sf2ce games

3. I havenā€™t seen sf2ce videos except Korean and Chinese but
    I think that Korean, Chinese(specially Guangzhou) and Japanese sf2ce gamers
    "playing" is high level.
    So we want to meet and have world tournament with other sf2ce high level gamers
    from all over the world.
    **NOTICE : If you meets more than 20 sf2ce high level gamers in your location,
    then tell me. I sure visit you soon and going to meet you all and come to you for
    advise of world tournament.( I already visit Shanghai,China for this reason in Oct.,
    2005. And they agree with me.)

^^

Wow, SF2 CE, taking it way back! You guys should do tournaments for obscure Neo Geo fighters also.

I remember seeing a promotional trailer for a Daum sponsored 3rd Strike tournament. Those were some damn decent footage. Just about as good as the Japanese are.

On a tangent, I definitely recognize the music in that trailer!

Itā€™s also heard in the movie ā€œ3 Ninjas Kick Backā€.

Love CE played it a lot on my Mega Drive/Genesis with the 3-button controller.

nice vids. i remember getting hella excited when ce came out waiting for my chance to play as the boss characters 13 years ago. now i play AE, yeah thatā€™s right i play AE.

NO. This is NOT true. This game has been out for almost fifteen years and you STILL say this?

i couldnā€™t let this go by without saying something.

Youā€™re right, f1are.

Best tourney footage ever keep up the good work CE is going global

haha, shit, i remember the 3 buttons pads for genesis. uā€™d have to press start to switch from p to k. :smiley:

so i learned low hp, hp hadoken real real REAL fastā€¦and low mk, mk hurricane too.

i never tried it but has anyone able to do jump hp, low mk, hp hadoken on the 3 buttons pad? so itā€™s like, jumpin hp, start, low mk, start, hp hadoken. does that work?

Hell if I know I would usually stick with the kicks with Ryu I only discovered how to make an Hadouken by acident.

Wordā€¦ CE is great because of its lack of tiers. If your not fucking retarded and can figure out not to jump over hadoukens your decent! Fuck SuperT, it is ā€œteh suxzorzā€.

Priliminary 2

*the 2nd Korean sf2ce tournament (2005/5/28)
9. Saleuieui_sonic : Power_jun
1/4 sagat:ryu
2/4 sagat:ryu
3/4 sagat:guile
4/4 guile:guile
10. Ijun_geunyang : Justin
1/3 m.bison:sagat
2/3 m.bison:sagat
3/3 ryu:sagat
11. Lohengrin : Park_sungho
1/4 m.bison:m.bison
2/4 m.bison:m.bison