Seth's Unblockables

WOOOAH NEW FORUM
haven’t used this forum software before (or I don’t remember if I have) so post might be a little broken until I get around to fixing it

Spoiler

(Corner) cr.HK ~ walk back 2-3 frames ~ jump over opponent, j.HK
Unblockable - Ibuki, Chun
Fake cross up - Guy
Notes - Fairly easy to time with some practice. Literally just hold back after landing cr.HK and jump as soon as Seth starts his walk animation. Didn’t test all possible escape options, and I’m not sure if this will safe jump Chun’s reversal EX Spinning Bird Kick. Should work fine in combos (probably have to time cr.HP, cr.HK fairly late though.)

Spoiler

[media=youtube]zjSpCA_5PsQ[/media]

(Corner) cr.HK ~ walk back 2-3 frames ~ jump over opponent, j.LK
Unblockable - Ibuki, Guy
Fake cross up - Chun
Notes - More or less the same as the last notes.

Spoiler

[media=youtube]9_Y5c7ycKG8[/media]

(Mid-screen) SPD ~ dash forward ~ walk forward ? frames, jump over opponent, j.LK
Unblockable - Cody
Notes - only got around to testing top row, Cody, Guy, and Hakan. Will finish testing later.

Spoiler

[media=youtube]VfqyoP-v57g[/media]

(unorganized)

(unsorted/still going through/haven’t made new video yet/blah blah blah blah.)

Spoiler

[media=youtube]FXL0nXXYeIA[/media]
[media=youtube]FErSoCA92mA[/media]
[media=youtube]PZetDmHzokk[/media]

random update: i haven’t actually abandoned this, but I’ve been running on a bit of a dry spell + trying things that aren’t related to unblockables.
01FEB13: added fei unblockable (found) by floor (on youtube) … kinda. my cat more or less died in front of me out of the blue so i’ve been unmotivated lately, sorry.

(reserved)

(reserved)

would be great for Seth if he actually had enough unblockables to take up three posts!
probably won’t
but just in case

May be one day he will…

Don’t forget Dashio’s corner set up after legs in the corner.

can i just use your video

you tested it against everyone anyway right?

[details=Spoiler]ot: now im two times the cool

[/details]

Yeah. Recorded against Akuma and then tested that timing against everyone. Worked on Dan, Cody, and Hakan in addition to Akuma. It might work on other characters with a different timing for the j.HK or even a j.HP/j.LK.

He is the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbQDjMZDg0

Also, I don’t understand the spoiler. Are the title and icon hard to get or something?

title can’t be unlocked

list of titles we will never see in case I somehow lose this data

King of Capcom
Prince of Capcom
Right Hand of Capcom
The Strongest Fist
Clash of Fists
Street Revolution
Holy Fist
Clutch Fist
Strongest Warrior
S-Class Fighter
Violator
General Bloodshed
Eternal King
Invincible warrior
Strictly Enforced
Approaching God
The Champ is Here!
Eternal Revolution
It’s My Time
Passionate Soldier
Fighting Games Rule!
Toast To My Victory
I Bow To No One
Ingenious Sense
Guaranteed Victory
Crushed By My Fist
Only One Winner!
Your Worst Nightmare
Dark Horse
Absolute Zero
Fallen Angel
Class Clown
Immortal
Supreme Emperor
Instant Strike
Classy Duelist
Soaring in Moonlight
Poetry in Motion
Tragic Hero
Start to Finish
All or Nothing
Impregnable Defense
Wild & Crazy
Music of the Night
Theory Fighter
Seeking Strong Foes
Doing Good Work
STAFF
CAPCOM

Too good. Can’t breathe.

I have seen some of those. Like Y the Cammy player has “Classy Duelist” and I think it is Shungoku Neurosis that has “Toast To My Victory”

How did whoever unlock one of them then?

[media=youtube]-4wP536Yuio[/media]

EDIT: not my setup. Found on YouTube and posted here. All credit goes to uploader of vid.

crouchable?
corner too?
get dat text message?

added though
random idea: land spd -> unblockable j.HK, cst.HP xx HP Boom xx FA2, dash forward, SPD -> fuck fei long for all those years of oppression

asdfghjklmn

Sorry, not my setup. Looks crouchable though.

NINJA EDIT:

Ok I tested that setup timing and it only works on Fei.

it is uncrouchable, unjumpable and works in the corner.

All versions flame kick miss (Seth lands on other side)
LK, MK, and EX chicken wing get blocked (HK version gets stuffed and Seth crosses up) (Seth lands on same side for other versions)
All versions of rekka evade hit (Seth lands on other side)
cs.MP evades hit (Seth lands on other side)
c.HK evades hit (Seth lands on other side)
can some times trade with s.LP
Fei can forward or backdash to evade hit.

Oh and another thing that a lot of people leave out of their unblockable set ups: What it looks like when you record it correctly.

You know you recorded the set up right when you:
a. Do a very late j.HK
b. Hit Fei in the chest (and sequentially land in front)

Double post…oh well

[media=youtube]-tjcP1w48l8[/media]

(corner) Legs > backdash > forward dash x2 > j.HK (late)
obv doesn’t work if opponent techs…

Again, not my setup. Got “inspiration” from this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtnBknlJBhQ#t=2m5s

Nobody backdashes after legs in the corner unless they are up to no good.

One of these days I’ll find a Viper unblockable

:frowning:

Breaker’s Viper unblockable is amazing. SPD, j.lk, cl.hp into whatever KD, and if they eat the next mixup it’s stun and dead. I just usually safe jump OS something since 99% of viper players will be hitting buttons at that point

against cammy after SPD <div><br></div><div>SPD dash forward slight walk jump HK (HK should touch the neck of cam my at her wake up) </div><div><br></div>

I am having a lot of difficulty doing this Cammy one. I’m pretty sure it’s legit because I’ve got it down to a point where it’s practically impossible to tell which side Seth is going to land on. I can still block it once I know which way it’ll hit, so it’s either really tight or I’m doing it wrong.<br>i was going to do a sad face but then i saw it’s <i>those </i>emoticons. fuckin ugly no thanks<br>

yeah at first i was looking for a fake crossup a la cody but then i recorded it and try to block w/ cammy… and it was unblockable… it just a question of getting the hand of the “walk” (hate those kind of “setup”) length but i can get it quite consistently just walk till you can hit this b*** int the top of her neck lol

<br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/57167/The%20Breaker">The Breaker</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>I am having a lot of difficulty doing this Cammy one. I’m pretty sure it’s legit because I’ve got it down to a point where it’s <b>practically impossible to tell which side Seth is going to land on</b>. I can still block it once I know which way it’ll hit, so it’s either really tight or I’m doing it wrong.<br>i was going to do a sad face but then i saw it’s <i>those </i>emoticons. fuckin ugly no thanks<br></div>
</blockquote>

Actually I found it to be the opposite way: Seth almost always crosses up or otherwise lands on the other side. Even when he hits her face, he crosses up. The only time that he did not, it was rather obvious.<br><br><br><blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/41360/rekkaTEC">rekkaTEC</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>yeah at first i was looking for a fake crossup a la cody but then i recorded it and try to block w/ cammy… and it was unblockable… it just a question of getting the hand of the “walk” (hate those kind of “setup”) length but i can get it quite consistently just walk till you can hit this b*** int the top of her neck lol</div>
</blockquote>

The “top of her neck” is her head. Can you be more specific as to how it looks when you record the setup correctly? What side does Seth land on? etc. And yes, I complete agree with you about those “walk forward” setups.<br>