Seth footstomps

so i’m sure most of you have faced problems with footstomps on Guy? esp midscreen cr.hp ~~ lp.srk to footstomps.

there are a few more characters that have the same problem,is this considered a bug or just neglected hitbox? will they be fixing this in 2012?

and also just a side question off topic,how do i avoid Guy’s air grab? sorry i dont know what is it called but it’s the one he roll jumps over and grabs from mid air. that does insane damage to us!!!

Start using the Q&A thread.

The dev team nerfed the stomp hitboxes, which is why certain chars needed different stomp timings. No, this will not be fixed in 2012 (but it should).

Can’t tell you much about Guy, sorry.

i don’t know, the timing isn’t massively hard to relearn for corner combos. it’s also very difficult for dev’s to adjust what they’d need to to help Seths midscreen stomps hit on certain characters.

The majority of the ones mid screen stomps don’t work on. (Guy, Dudley, Viper [on occasions] Dee Jay, [on occasions] ) you can do two SRK’s -> Stomps to compensate

the only character, as far as i’m aware, that you can’t mid screen stomp at all on is Fuerte… But then, i might be wrong there. When you tandem people in to you before you do Crouch HP they end up slightly closer to you.

A relatively easy fix to this is to make the first stomp have limitted active frames then make the remaning stomps have endless frames, this removes Seths abusive jump in stomp in the corner.

God i miss that, hitting AA with that stomp, EX’ing them back in & persuing my stylin’

to avoid Guy’s demon flip grab, crouch/teleport/srk/ultra/j.mp
EX is uncrouchable and would need to either beat it or evade it completely

Just delay the stomps a 'lil.

cr.hp xx lp srk x2 -> 2x stomps -> divekick works on all characters that cr.hp xx lp srk -> 3x stomps -> divekick doesn’t work on.

^^Fuerte included? I’m pretty sure he just can’t be hit?^^ Maybe after a Tanden… but definately not say, after a jump in or crumple

You can cr.hp xx lp srk x1 -> 3x stomps -> divekick on fuerte, just not after a tanden. Someone told me you can do cr.hp xx hp srk x2 -> stomps -> divekick on him and him only but I haven’t tested it.

Well, i’ve tried every variation on him & none of them come close, unless i’m in the corner, but then you’d have no reason to do SRK -> Stomps

Fuerte just pushes way to far away, you can’t even do Tandem -> Crouch HP -> Jump MP -> Close HP

Which works on everyone, except those who can’t be reached by the jump MP. Fuerte has some strange kind of sideward move during juggle hits, kind of like how Balrog slightly raises when he’s hit during juggles. (Making him a gold mine for combo making)

Ok this is really not related to the original topic but cr.hp xx hp srk x2 -> 2x stomps -> divekick works in every scenario I could contrive besides just doing it raw. You cannot delay the second hit of hp srk. I didn’t test while punishing EX Guacamole so I don’t know there. At a neutral state, you can do cr.hp xx 2x mp srk -> stomps on him.

I managed to get cr.hp xx lp srk -> stomps to work ONCE but I couldn’t reproduce it.

so it’s two MP SRK’s? Not LP? If so then cool, i finally have a better option against him during a meterless punish

Only do this when he’s just standing. Otherwise you should use hp srk.