Sentinel: The REFLY Thread

the video isnt that great imo

jk

its sure to spark some ideas in casuals players

Random Sentinel Combos:

http://zachd.com/magnetro/sentinelcombos.wmv

***[media=youtube]zfB7KBSnDkc[/media]

each of the combos has some idea behind it before or after it goes into the generic unfly/refly stuff. Since I’m not doing anything by hand it doesn’t really matter what i do unfly/refly wise. that’s why I tried to include at least one ‘special’ thing in the clip.

1). otg with unfly into relaunch.

2). fast lk refly lockdown pattern

3). Sentinel links S.LK after ground LP-RP & SJC S.LK into SJ.LP.

4). Stuff on a standing character

5). I use the independent unfly rule + the “tiger knee” glitch where holding upforward during certain situations causes the person to go higher than usual.

I jump up forward in order to:

*Allow Magneto E.M. Disruptor to hit.
*Give Sentinel unfly

threw a song over the video cause the audio was out of sync

Very nice! These were very different. Love em.

Any word on that Sentinel (semi) infinite on Blackheart?

dope.

Who is deviant?

Anyways, I was there the first time White Knight started doing reflies (2001, and he didn’t call them reflies) but he really wasn’t using them effectively, he just came up with some combos in training mode and he thought that in theory he could use reflies to do infinite combos but as far as using them effectively in matches, no.

CRAZY! I’ve always wanted to play against White Knight. So much for that.

What’s that guy up to nowadays? And if he didn’t call them reflies, what did he call them?

Update: Sentinel Montage vid is almost done. :tup:

He didn’t call 'em anything.

And he still plays from time to time. He is still crazy good.

How good is he? Good enough to place top 8 at Evo?

I’ve been over that…

There was a time (around 2002/03) where I thought he was easily top 3 in the world from what I could gather from playing him and playing other players like Justin/Sanford/Hyo/Potter/Row etc. but at the same time he did prove in Evo2k2 that he didn’t have the mental capacity/toughness to hang with the big boys (because he had never played anyone good or played in a big tourney), so when he was on yes he was that good but when he needed to step up he could not and that’s still probably the case because Evo2k2 has been his only tourney and if he where to play again probably the same would happen, who knows.

Right now everyone is good so I would put him up there with all the better players but I doubt he would hang with the best.

? i’ve never heard of that. How does that work?

Hello all, would someone please explain how to do the refly to me please. I have tried flying, calling unfly, and flight again, but I can’t get the second flight to come out. Thanks for the help and much luv!

M N N

Basically fly,unfly,fly really fast. Thats the first step. Someone here said practice doing that close to the ground to the point that you wont touch the ground.

Last month I learned how to refly but I rarely connect it in combos. I mainly utilize it for stomp patterns but I’m not sweet at all with it. It takes practice. A lot of practice. Are you using a stick or pad?

Thanks for the help sir. I am using a Dreamcast pad right now…would a stick be better? Much luv!

M N N

IMO yes a stick would be a lot better mainly a MAS stick. It makes the sentinel stuff a little easier although I think a few cats here uses a pad.

Someone I know made me use a DC pad to play MvC2 against him.

I wanted to kill myself.

Friends don’t let friends play on pad.

lmao I try to play on ps2 pad. its like trying to play with 1 hand or something

Can anyone in here land consecutive refly-lk’s in the air?

I’m up to 5, but I still can’t get down the motion to refly up/diagonally to keep up with the opposing character as I land the ff lk’s.

Khaotic_one: sent you a PM

Yipes and Sanford are killing the refly combos in competition play easy.

Noticeable videos of season’s beatings III: Yipes vs. Sanford, Yipes vs. Rattana, Sanford vs. GhettoOnTheRise…beastly reflies.

links?