Sentinel is DONE in umvc3

[LIST]
[*]Sentinel Force Charge: Drones are deployed faster when used as an assist.
[/LIST]
Plus you can visually see in videos that they release faster when people rush down and set up block strings into them.

EDIT: Confirmed changes so far from Neo Gaf

Sentinel

+/- Sentinel drones have been sped up. They are now a true block string.

• Air combo into L Rocket Punch into HSF does not work anymore or at least isn’t reliable.
  • Rocket punches and overall speed of Sentinel has been increased

It seems like you can have a slighty better frame trap with j.:m: xx air rocket punch or j.:h: xx air :l: rocket punch now.

Also Sentinel isn’t that bad as a point character, there just others who can do it better. Once you learn not to autopilot.

I swear people are just seeing things when it comes to Drones assist starting up/moving/recovering any faster.

Well even if we were seeing things multiple sites have reported them being faster so I’ll say it’s not a placebo effect. Especially with one of the sites reporting that they act as a full block string which would definitely be an effect of them being faster any way. It’s pretty obvious on video even IMO that they release faster.

Yea, the thing with these multiple change logs is that they are taking info off each other. So if one guy says Drones are faster, then all the sites say Drones are faster. The big problem is that the initial guy might have determined Drones to be faster based on some random SRK speculation that says “I think Drones are faster.”

I’m not saying I’m 100% right about shit, that would be dumb. But, I’ll say this – I practice many different Drones setups every day, so if the change to them was as obvious as you say it is, I hope I’d be able to spot it, lol.

Maybe Dios could come in here and drop some knowledge. Before the ‘Changes’ thread got locked, he mentioned that the Rocket Punch to HSF cancel was different, but he didn’t make any mention of a change to Drones. Could be that he forgot to mention it, but it could be that there’s no change to mention.

Yeah but on top of the fact of everything else they said that the drones create a true block string so that has me like 95 percent sure things are accurate. You should be able to tell such a huge change as the drones acting as a full block string due to a speed increase. It would be a real crazy mistake to mistake all of that.

can’t you just otg rocket punch into plasma storm in the corner instead?

but the real questions are:

-did they fix his health? 900k is too little for a character his size

-how much faster is he? his air normals needs to be as fast as mvc2.

-did he get anything new? like a new normal or move? it would be nice to have some of his cota normals back, like his buzzsaw kick.

They didn’t fix his health as far as I could tell from the stream. His fly mode seemed a little faster but this definitely could be a factor of placebo/stream quality, so don’t take my word for it. Assist is definitely faster, though.
Didn’t see any new moves either but who knows.

Faster drones is both a nerf and buff. It’s a big nerf because the biggest strength of the drones was how slow they were and how much time they gave you for mixups. By making it faster the drones will be less powerful. On the other hand faster recovery is a huge buff and makes it a lot safer.

In all honesty I say give him back his health and nerf stick his damage and I’ll be happy.

Also for the drones going faster, they don’t seem faster to me, but did anyone notice if they are closer together when they fly out? That could still result in a full blockstring but at the same speed. Wish I could get my hands on it.

SFOBS.

They also stated at the MvC3 panel at Evo that Sent is also receiving a slight health nerf.

I hope he gets something more than a slight health nerf in this. I was kinda hoping for a health buff but w/e, maybe a buff to his other assists or something. Overall sents a pretty good character, all I think he needs is more health, ill gladly trade damage for health with sent anyway.

I really hope Capcom is taking a serious look at this character, because right now Sentinel is a complete mess.

so sent lost rocket punch to HSF(hopefully it still works from grabs though), lost some health, sent drones is now a true block string, on top of across the board hit stun nerf on everyone(which will make his already short combos even shorter) and some people still think that he’s going to be just as good? please

Sentinel will find a way to win out. Its not that hard to TK Rp into Hard Drive, although I suppose that would be a problem to those who expect everything to be handed to them.

So what if they change that part of him, the point is to adapt to it. Is that not the point of fighting games.

There is no problem that can’t be solved with a giant robot.

…You gotta be fucking kidding.

Yup. He now has a level 5 mode like phoenix. When Sentinel dies, he turns into master mold and all his moves get buffs. Instead of shooting drones, he shoots sentinels at the screen and he is the size of the TvC giants. HSF is 3 sets 3 of sentinels stack on top of each like the regular super like the MvC1 assist; his rocket punch is Onslaught’s arm.

GET HYPE!

I agree completely.

I’m not going to try and pretend like he didn’t get nerfed, because if Drones is actually a true block string, that’s a significant nerf to my team. The rest of the stuff is kind of a non-issue though. Everyone keeps bringing up the fact that RP to HSF doesn’t work, but that’s not a big deal at all – in every common OTG situation, even off of regular grabs, you have time to wavedash and RP to a different hyper. HSF has its own applications which don’t really involve OTG Rocket Punch…

As long as there aren’t any major surprises, Sent should still be a great character.

Can’t sentinel still do Tigerknee’d air L Rocket punch into hard drive… like the design of the robot would want you to do anyway (Big commandgrapplin’ big damage 50/50’s that lead into 900k+ IAHD strings? that you ONLY get in the corner which hard drive sets up)