Fugee + Ghaleon Productions*
Mission: Impossible returns!
We’re giving our Christmas present to the Midwest a little early this year, just in time for Halloween. Along with Mr. Wong and the usual suspects, expect world-class names to be in attendance, including EC vs. WC action right here in OHIO.
Date: Saturday, November 3, 2007
Location: MoMo KTV & Tea Zone (This place is SEEEEERIOUS!!!)
2895 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
– Also a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Please respect the venue by not bringing any outside food or drinks inside. There is a full grill and beverage bar (and it’s goood) to satisfy your needs, including alcohol for those who are over 21.
This is the same venue we hosted at in December and April – the tourney and the place were massive successes, and we’re making sure everyone has a great time again.
(Google maps yo): http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2895+Olentangy+River+Rd,+Columbus
Make sure you book under INN #310, IMMEDIATELY. Most hotels in the city are booked solid cos of OSU/Wisconsin – get these last rooms ASAP!
There are multiple restaurants and hotels all within walking distance from this place. Parking lot is huge so there will be no long walks or paying for meters.
There is a $10 entry fee for the venue.
All tournament games have a $10 entry fee, as well.
Registration begins at 11 a.m, doors open then for casuals.
Look for some added bonuses this time and some SPECIAL EVENTS throughout the day.
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (PS2) – 12:30 p.m.
Tekken 5 DR (PS3) – 12:30 p.m.
Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core (PS2) – 12:30 p.m.
Smash Bros. Melee (GC) --1 p.m.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) – 3 p.m. **$500 pot bonus.
SFIII: 3rd Strike (PS2) – 4:30 p.m.
Super SFII Turbo (DC) – 5:30 p.m.
Arcana Heart Full (Jap Ps2) – 6:00 p.m.
Halo 3 (360) – 1 p.m.
Guitar Hero II (PS2) – 1 p.m.**
Event #1: MvC2 – Justin Wong vs. Sanford Kelly vs. Mike Yipes!
—KOF-style, never seen before. FT7, winner stays on.
Event #2: ST – Brent “Vega” vs. Justin Wong FT7!
—After sending Justin to losers in back to back meetings, can Vega win a race to 7 in his self-proclaimed game?
To be continued in OHIO!
Payouts will be 70/20/10
Those of you who know me, know that we are strictly business. So there will be NO mishandling of funds, waiting on checks to clear, 3rd-party mishaps, low-turnout excuses, etc. You will leave with the MONEY you win!
All tournaments will be double-elimination format. 2/3, 3/5 winner’s/loser’s finals, 4/7 GF.
We’re using the Evo standard for all games.
This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller/Converter/Joystick) event.
The following rules apply:
If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after ec point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.
Button mapping is allowed. Having 2 or 3 buttons combined into ONE is banned
(e.g. No 3x punch/kick mapped to L1, etc.). GG/DR are exempt from this rule.
3S – Winner keeps the same character, but can change super art. Loser can change everything. JUDGEMENT CANNOT DECIDE A MATCH!!
MvC2 – No game-breaking glitches (you know what they are); Juggs’ glitch allowed. Winner keeps the SAME team/SAME order. Loser can change everything.
T5:DR – Players must agree on a stage. If not, random stage select will be in effect. Winner keeps same character, loser may change.
ST – no Akuma, Turbo 4
– Double Elimination bracket
– Matches are best of 3, semis and loser’s finals are best of 5, with grand finals best of 7
– 4 stock, 8-minute limit
– Ties broken by lives, then percentage
– Items OFF
– Singles $10/person/Teams $10/person (if time/interest allows. A well-run event should leave plenty of time, like our last tourney did)
– Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
– Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
– Stages banned: Yoshi’s Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, Onett and Yoshi’s Island 64
– Dave’s Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single match, either by random select or by picking
– Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
– Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
– Double Blind pick may be called at any time
-Team Specific Rules:
– Team Attack ON
– Life stealing allowed
– Fountain of Dreams and Mute City banned
-Other SSBM Rules:
– Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), excluding cosmetic changes (paint, stickers, different colored plastic, etc.), are BANNED. If you are found to be using a modded controller, you will not be able to use that controller for the rest of the tournament.
–Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable, are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeiture of the match.
– Tactics such as Peach’s Wallbombing and Jiggly’s Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath) to excessively stall a match is banned
Don’t miss a chance to test your mettle against the biggest names in fighting games.
Please pre-register your SRK name, city/st and games if you plan to attend, so brackets can be filled in advance. Registering the day of is allowed but not encouraged – don’t complain about where you fit into the bracket. If you’re traveling, give us the names of your crew and their games.
More info soon. Any questions, post here or PM fugee or Ghaleon (AIM: GhaleonUnlimited).
Please let us know if you can provide extra TVs/systems. With the huuuuge interest we’re going to again need the community’s help on providing systems/TVs. We’ll again provide all the space needed, with an even better setup this time.
Thanks to all for supporting our last two tournies, we’re starting to put Ohio on the fighter map. We look forward to seeing everyone again, and plenty of newcomers too. GET HYPE!