Scenario: activated lvl2 x, missile assist, half screen, hawkeye chicken blocking in the corner

Scenario: activated lvl2 x, missile assist, half screen, hawkeye chicken blocking in the corner mashing B and C with drones in the back.
What do you do? How do you get in? How do you confirm?

Be very tricky with super jump > flight > air dashes. Hawkeye can only cover a bit of the screen at a time, and he’s put into some long recovery every time they whiff. IMO, that team gets eaten alive by Xfactor Storm. You have so many options it hurts, lol.

Use trijump Ls, double j.L with hover, grabs if he realizes that jumping is futile, shit like that. Make him stay on the ground with blockstun. When he does get a chance to jump, make sure you get your air grab out of it, as an early j.B has a lot of recovery, and very grabbable. A late j.B is harder, but if you can react to his jump early enough, grab em. Don’t be caught by a tech though, since Hawkeye has j.B to mash after the tech on his way down.

When you can get up close (it’ll take a little patience, but youre in XF2 so yeah), start calling missiles as he doesn’t have any reliable way to get you off him without exposing himself, and then if you haven’t opened him up, idk, this guy is embedded deep in your head and switching to Doom for the Hail Storm DHC might be your better bet.

And you’re Storm. Ignore drones, unless you’re somehow in their path. If he calls Sentinel raw, expect arrows, either j.H or s.H, so you won’t be able to blow Sent up with hailstorm… unless you THC and Doom eats the arrows :stuck_out_tongue: Though, Piercing Arrow would still ruin your day. /shrug

Yeah, I like what you said about keeping him in blockstun I would have definitely been able to open him up or at least get him sweating if I could but i had no way too I dont remember if i just had bad assist call timing or wasn’t covering doom enough but missiles weren’t working and he kept chicken blocking in the corner so when i would approach he would jump back and wait to see if i was gonna jump after him to tech and after the peak of his arc he would then mash B on the way down to trade or hit me or keep me in blockstun stopping me from tridashing or doing float cancel overheads. And of course drones and arrows just kept me from using hailstorm
I don’t know in hindsight maybe i should of just raw launchered when I was close and he was in the air mashing but its a bit tautologous now. Really what I wanted is for someone to come in this thread and tell me no, what I did was wrong I shouldn’t have xfactored and there was nothing I could do in this situation and that’s just one of the cruxes of playing Storm; that I should have gotten a hitconfirm or throw before I Xfactored