SBO Team Write-Ups and Information w/ Last Chance Qualifier Hopefuls

The team I’m hella cheering for. Kirisuto and Akimo are beasts.

The kid’s got a lot of heart. Respect.

Denpa actaully won MBAC SBO…I think it was 2007. Famous for being the best Satsuki player out there. Also he’s like, the only player to do this combo in a match:

[media=youtube]tsvtgU1sSYE[/media]

To my knowledge, every loop of that combo (he did like 6 reps) has 3 one frame links in it.

Edit: I also believe he’s actually from Hong Kong but not positive on that one.

About Uryo beat by 17 i think no comment is need after that http://zoome.jp/sf4_esaka_navel/diary/19/ (edit : beat by 12 sorry )

And Uryo with chun li http://zoome.jp/sf4_esaka_navel/diary/22/

Uryo reminds me Tokido cause he seems to know all the setup to apply versus someone. ith his chun li i learned a lot.

Looks like he never play random and always trap his opponent and of course his viper is the new tekken girl in SF4 and he like do the ultra in a clutch moment ( ultra while a psycho crusher, ultra while a TAP of balrog, ultra while a tiger knee, etc…)

52 ???[sage] ???2009/08/12(?) 23:23:31 ID:q5thE6cY0
MVC2???blog???
???
???

69 ???[sage] ???2009/08/12(?) 23:41:44 ID:dsa+7Fwx0
>52
???
???
???

76 ???[sage] ???2009/08/12(?) 23:47:29 ID:Zax1gBCZ0
cab???
???

Can someone explain to me how a player reaches “Grandmaster” status with certain character?? Or is it just an expression to praise the player’s excellence with that character?

Grandmaster is a rank you get when you hit a certain BP. I think it’s based on top 50 bp rank. You can find the rank in terms of bp here. Those are all grand masters to my knowledge.

Uh… :open_mouth:

Thank you…this is a very nice read btw…I had no idea who some of these players are until I read this.

I said they were slept on and they go on to win the whole damn tournament. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :wgrin:

wow, didnt know daigo play guilty gear.

He won the GG tournament at Evo in 2004.

Kind of late, but I can give a fairly detailed writeup on all of these players, in case anyone’s interested.
Kikanbou Max** - Plays a lot of different characters, and also goes by the name “(Something…I forgot what it sarts with) Mitan 3.” I think Gouki is his best character, but he doesn’t play Gouki nearly as well as the two other really good Sports Land Goukis: Mahimashin and Ponyo. I mean, I’ve beaten his Gouki before, and I don’t consider myself very good.
Mashimashin** - Used to go by the name “Axel (???)” but had his wallet stolen with not only all his money, but also his 60,000+ BP Gouki card and his 50,000+ BP Ryu card. One of the best Goukis I’ve ever played, but it looks like he’s listed up there as Ryu, which I guess explains why he was strictly playing Ryu right before I left. Not overly aggressive, but not too turtly, either. Plays a pretty standard Ryu, but plays him very well. He’s a better Gouki than Kikanbou Max, so I think he should have played Gouki instead.

Shungoku Noirouze - The two best Dictators I played against in Japan were Kim1234 and Shungoku Noirouze. Probably has the best zoning of any Dictator in Japan. Not very aggressive at the get go, but once he gets in control, he’s hard to beat. Has done well in TRF tournaments before. I believe he’s the guy who took Justin Wong out of the TRF tourney that he played in. On a side note, plays a Master ranked Claw, and beats a lot of really good players.

Chome Tarou - Pretty much the reason I play Boxer. Out of all the regulars at Shibuya Sports Land, I’ve seen him play the best when the Grand Masters come to the free plays. Really knows how to get in the other player’s head. He’ll waste 4 bars of meter doing the loop just to taunt you by saying, “I can beat you without any meter.” I learned a lot of the zoning and ground game I know by watching him play. AFAIK, he’s never done the TRF tourney, but right before I left he started going to Big Box with all the Grand Masters and was doing pretty well. He also beats TKD like 80% of the time. lol

On a side note, Mashimashin and Chome Tarou work at Shibuya Sports Land, and the guy who owns the place is really awesome. If you’re ever in Tokyo, it’s probably one of the best Arcades you can find. Definitely my favorite Arcade to go to in the year I was there.

Big day tomorrow! Big announcement from Capcom…supposedly!! Hopefully it is true that they reveal the 2nd version of SFIV.

(strong, strong, strong, sweep… WTF!!!)

who did daigo do this against at godsgarden?

943 ???[sage] ???2009/08/15(?) 12:50:12 ID:9MbIdKzN0
???evo???

945 ???[sage] ???2009/08/15(?) 12:51:01 ID:jIGII42x0
???
???

965 ???[sage] ???2009/08/15(?) 13:23:05 ID:qoZcVJHO0
???
???

???

211 ???[sage] ???2009/08/15(?) 16:19:25 ID:qP2uA8D40
???
???beast DAIGO???TOUGEKI?