SBO Team Write-Ups and Information w/ Last Chance Qualifier Hopefuls

Very interesting writeups. Thanks!

Radiowave, Nova, Bonchan, Mago and Ojisan all have dirty dirty DIIRTTTTY fireball traps where they make you jump jab tigershots fully knowing that if you jump it, they can either late kara-cancel tiger uppercut fadc, FADC that tiger shot and go straight into ultra, or f+rh you depending on what distance you’re at when you jump. It’s like guaranteed damage depending on how you jump it so it’s usually a good idea to duck the highs and neutral jump the lows.

Nothing about Nemo or Nuki, for shame =(. Nice info though.

Nuki’s coming up. Nemo I know nothing about other than he’s good and owns a lot of people with dirty ass tick throws.

Why does everyone seemingly ignore RF?

Kindevu is closer to Golden Fatty. Not King Pig, That’d be like Daibucha or something… (I really don’t know japanese at all haha, just like random words)

Denpa aka Radiowave (BP 149k) was a previous SBO qualifier for Melty Blood. Excellent combo consistency. One of the best multi-game players in the northern part of Japan. Won a BlazBlue tournament at Game41 just the other day with Taokaka.

Way back in January I was going to do a SF4 Japanese national preview post with some player info on my blog but I never finished it. Here’s some of my notes – tournament results for some strong multi-game guys. Daigo part doesn’t include ST.

Daigo
Vampire Savior Nationals: 1st (Bishamon)
1st SFA3 Nationals: 1st (V Akuma)
2nd SFA3 National Team Tourney: 2nd
3rd SFA3 Nationals: 1st
Beat Live Cup Third Strike 3on3: 2nd
CVS1 Nationals: 1st
SBO 03 CVS2: 2nd
SBO 03 GGXX: Top 4
Evo 03 GGXX: 1st (Sol)
Evo 03 3S: 2nd (Ken)
Evo 03 CVS2: 2nd
Evo 04 GGXX: 1st
Evo 04 3S: 2nd
SBO 04 CVS2: out 2nd round (w/ Dan, Shiro)
SBO 05 3S: 1st (w/ Nuki)
SBO 05 Capcom Fighting Jam: 2nd (w/ Dan)
Evo 06 GGXX Slash: 2nd (w/ RF, Kindevu)
4th Cooperation Cup 3S Teams: 1st
Vampire Hunter DCC2: 1st (Pyron)

Nuki
Vampire Savior Nationals: 2nd (Bishamon)
SFA2 Nationals: 1st (Chun)
1st SFA3 Nationals: 2nd (V Akuma)
CVS1 Nationals: 3rd
CVS2 Nationals: 1st (N Ryu, Blanka, Sagat)
Evo 02 CVS2: 2nd
SBO 04 3S: Top 4 (Chun) (w/ Boss, K.O)
SBO 04 CVS2: Top 4 (w/ Inoue, Tokido)
SBO 05 3S: 1st (w/ Daigo)
Evo 05 ST: 2nd
Evo 05 3S: 1st
SBO 06 3S: Top 4 (w/ K.O, Kokujin)
SBO 06 VF4FT: 2nd (Aoi) (w/ Chibita, Osu Akira)
Evo 06 3S: 1st
SBO 07 HSF2: 1st (Chun) (w/ Kurahashi)
Evo 07 3S: 1st
Evo 07 VF5: 2nd
Evo 08 ST: 2nd
Evo 08 3S: 1st
SBO 08 ST: Top 8 (w/ Tokido)
1st Cooperation Cup 3S Teams: 1st (w/ Joe, Tokido, Shao, Match)
5th Cooperation Cup 3S Teams: 2nd

Shiro
SBO 03 CVS2: out 2nd round
SBO 04 CVS2: out 2nd round (w/ Dan, Daigo)
SBO 05 CFJ: Top 4 (Jedah/Yun) (w/ Iyo)
SBO 06 HnK: out 2nd round (Toki)
SBO 08 HnK: Top 4 (Raoh)
Dream Fighters Festival 2007 HnK: 1st (Raoh)

Nemo
SBO 03 KOF2k2: Top 8
SBO 04 GGXX#R: 2nd (w/ Kaqn, Imo)
SBO 05 KOF Neo Wave: Top 8
SBO 05 GGXX#R: 2nd (Faust) (w/ Arisaka Shinya, Imo)

Itabashi Zangief (“Itazan”)
Evo 04 VF4: 1st
SBO 05 VF4: Top 8 (Shun)
Evo 07 VF5: 1st
SBO 08 VF5R: 1st (w/ Fudo, Joe)

good read!

very good read. arent a few americans going to sbo? how about a write up for the US teams?

Nemo - Best SFIV player period.

If somebody else could do write-ups I have not mentioned, that’d be cool. I’m getting close to running out of information I have on most SBO teams.

Emilio: I don’t have any information but here’s a recent video. Very sneaky with air HKs. Also counter hit confirm towards + medium kick.

Tokido
Evo 02 CVS2: 1st
SBO 03 CVS2: 1st (A Sakura, Bison, Blanka)
SBO 04 CVS2: Top 4 (w/ Nuki, Inoue)
SBO 05 CFJ: 1st (Jedah, Urien) (w/ Mago)
Evo 06 HSF2: 3rd (CE Bison)
SBO 06 Samurai Shodown 6: Top 4 (Mina) (w/ Reoth)
Evo 07 ST: 1st (Vega)
Evo 07 3S: 3rd (Chun)
1st Cooperation Cup 3S Teams: 1st (Urien) (w/ Nuki, Joe, Shao, Match)
6th Cooperation Cup 3S Teams: 2nd

RF
SBO 03 KOF2k2: Top 4
Evo 04 GGXX: 3rd (Faust)
Evo 04 CVS2: Top 8 (A Sakura, Bison, Blanka)
SBO 05 GGXX#R: Top 4 (Faust) (w/ Kindevu, Kubo)
Evo 05 GGXX#R: 1st
Evo 06 GGXXS: 2nd (w/ Daigo, Kindevu)
SBO 07 GGXXAC: Top 4 (w/ N-Otoko, P.C)
SBO 08 GGXXAC: Top 8 (w/ J.T, Shoji)
SF4 Nationals: 2nd (Sagat)

Great read, looking forward to Nemo and Nuki come sbo.

Really solid read and I agree that some of these players would be more feared and respected if there actually were more/some videos of them posted at all.

nohoho tell us about Shizuoka Saikyo i know you know about those blanka players!

From what i’ve seen in vids this guy has the most proficient and downright evil blanka in the world. Even back in December he was leading the way with walking electricity and utilising link combos into fierce electricity. This might not sound like much but when you consider that US blankas haven’t graduated to Fierce elec in combos most of the time and still haven’t eliminated accidental EX elec from their game you begin to understand what seperates this guy from the rest. I don’t know if he can overcome the balrog and sagat roadblock but i’m rooting for him.

You mean him and the other 82390423 Sagats that have their own island in Japan?! LOL. RF is another sick Sagat player who is also sick in like 10 other fighting games but so is Dragon Boy, Osijan Boy, Cygnus and the 389089032 other Sagats.

For one match I like anybody overriding anything they have to deal with. Unless he has to deal with a guantlet of Sagats he’s good. Oh and what Balrog road block? J.Wong and the other Rog who will probably lose out early to the 10 Sagats and everyone else using the entire rest of the cast? I like random balls to the wall Blanka over any Rog one match. Sagat is the only thing he’s gotta worry about and even then if he plays on point for one match…he’s good for it I say. Watching Japanese Blankas also made me realize how scrubby American Blanka players are and how technical Blanka is at high level play. I wish I had known about his technicalities earlier or I would have double mained him in this game. Stuck with Guilty Gear Viper now. Unless my close by friend can teach me in like a month everything he learned from Mizoteru in Japan.

Great write-up, Pieguy! Informative, witty, and got me really excited for SBO. It’s amazing how many noteworthy players there are in Japan, and awesome to see the Americans in the mix. We are sending great teams. Let’s hope we get to read much more about the Americans and their awesome performances after SBO is over :slight_smile:

Mullah - Man I’m always working on tourney results I don’t have time to read up on who’s who. Goukichi’s Blanka was really interesting. Haven’t heard from him in a while, though.

oooohh so thats his name, i had the 2 rufus and one viper match on my archos video player back in 08 and used to watch them on the tube to work all the time to get into the groove of playing as blanka before the game was released, it didn’t work lol.

i’m hoping for a miracle, but as you saw in mizotreru vs mago at gods garden a few days ago it didn’t happen.

[media=youtube]rID0G…eature=related[/media]

i like how 50/50 clutching at straws cross up ultra becomes a viable tactic vs good sagats, despite it not actually being a 50/50 and the damage being in favour of sagat if he guesses right. But coward crouch fireball evasion and ex ball on reaction was mighty nice

Blanka isn’t as technical as viper to use, no way,but since he’s lower tier he takes more ability to win with vs half the cast. How does your viper stack up compared to your mizoteru trained friend? How do you find the matchup in general? I’ve never seen a video where mizoteru uses electricity to good effect, but he’s so good at zoning and playing hit and run that he doesn’t seem to need it. Also, it doesn’t really come into play vs srk characters anyway so much of the time he’s arguably not missing much from his arsenal.

I’m pretty excited about this. I’m pulling for Daigo/Nuki, but I’d also like to see more high level Vipers and Abels. I also hope the American teams do well.