Sanwa questions

ok i might be not looking hard enough but i am sorry if there may be a sticky containing this but here it is anyway 2 questions…

1. i have a Sanwa JLW-UM-8 joystick on my custom stick and I want to mod it to have an octagonal gate with a ball top and i wanna know which parts i need or can i use the Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restrictor Plate to snap onto it?

2. i used MDF board for the top of my custom stick does that mean I cant snap in sanwa buttons? can any of u recommend any sanwas i can use or what material do i need on the top for the sanwas to fit?

thanks guys and sorry again if this is already posted any feedback would be great!

1. you can’t use an octo gate on a JLW. They fit square and round.

2. snap ins can be made to work on MDF, but screw ins work better generally.

Also the JLW UM-8 has too thick a screw for a ball top. You are stuck with the Bat top on that one.

Also if your MDF is thicker than the threaded part of the button it won’t screw in. You can use snap ins with plexi, but have to have the plexi/acrylic bolted down and notches in the MDF to accommodate this.

are you sure about this? I think you might be incorrect

Yes, Sanwa JLW-UM-8 can use a Ball Top, but not the standard 35mm Ball Top.
It will only take the Sanwa LB-30N and LB-45.

The Sanwa JLW-TM-8 can use 35mm Ball Top.
Also can fit Sanwa LB-30N and LB-45 using Thread Adapter.

Forgot to add.
Sanwa JLW-TM-8 will also do Sanwa LB-30.
Also Seimitsu LB-30, LB-35, LB-39, LB-45, LB-49, Thread Adapter not needed.

thank you guys for all of ur input no octo gate huh? damn i need a new stick any suggestions or mods to fit one on my existing JLW?