Santarou vs Luffy for all the Money$$

It’s on.

I’m gonna miss it because of a cookout

: (

I caught it on Black Vegeta’s YouTube page. Santorou did it pretty convincingly.

Santarou is a legend. That was a badass performance! I mean, he practically changed the paradigm by which the matchup was viewed previously. Solid play mixed with trademark wrecklessness. Just beautiful.

Santarou won, as expected. But it seems that he spent some time studying Luffy’s habits. I say Rose still has slight favor in this matchup.

I honestly expected luffy to win… handily. I thought it would be no different to the bonchan matches to be honest, so i was very pleasantly surprised to see Santarou do his thing. Great games.

I thought it was going to be close since Santarou can whiff punish slides better than Bonchan. But as soon as I saw Santarou punish the cross up orb setup I knew it was GGs. I never saw that before that match.

When I checked Sagat’s frame data, I had my suspicions. But now after watching Santaroman play,
I’m convinced that Sagat is built to be a Tank in the SF4 universe, metaphorically.

He has slow walk speed, but a fast forward dash. And good ranged pokes.
When you combine them, you get an offensive machine.

But the slow walk speed + good ranged pokes = good defensive counter pokes.
As evident in how, Santaroman shut down Luffy. In contrast Luffy’s pokes were all offensive.
The two key defensive pokes used by Sagat were: Far MK and Crouch LK.

That plus, Santaroman has godlike execution. The kind of stuff that would be illegal on a PS1 pad.

He tagged a hell of a lot of back dashes. And diffused a heck of a lot of U2 Orbs. Santaroman’s match up knowledge was amazing. I think he knows Rose, more than Luffy knows Sagat.

The Frenchman was clearly outclassed that day, my friends. But I wouldn’t count Luffy out, once he studies the Sagat match up, learns the counters and recounters, he might make a comeback.

Hey evans… good to see you finally back after the xiaohai/snakeyes discussion. Do you play sagat? From what i could tell you’re a gief main right?

That is true. I try to study the matchup from both sides. Zangief VS Sagat and Sagat VS Zangief. Because that’s the only way to master any match up.

Apparently Louffy was hungover and didn’t really give a fuck about the match. Heard it wasn’t even for money.

it wasnt for money. Heard about the being hung over too. I just dont get why you would get that hammered when you know you have a match like that coming up. even if it wasnt for money, he has his rep as evo champ and santarou was being pretty disrespectful, so at least he should have gotten up for it (if only to shut santarou up). but oh well.

It’s a great option select against better players. If he wins, he wins. If he loses he’s just hung over! But certainly not the weaker player because of that option select. Good strategy. :slight_smile: