sand vs hands

Cody is bored. High level hondas

1st 2 10

Igydigital XBL

For no apparent reason whatsoever I’ll play your Cody in a first to 10.

My gamer tag is: seiei enbu

Sounds great. Tonight after 6pm I am free. No apparent reason to fight is good enough clenches Jaw

WTF Update please. What was the score?

I’m interested, too. How does Honda fares against Cody ?

I keep seeing him on xbox live “Online 3 hours ago” but never on at the same time. I’m going to be online next on Sunday at 10 pm Central time.

Well, we played 5 matches this morning. After the 4’th match Igy sent a message that said he had to go after the 5’th match. I was going to ask if he wanted to finish the FT10 another time but he logged as the 5’th match was ending. That being said, we had a slightly lag-y connection and Xbox live is irrelevant to begin with. However, Honda beat Cody 5 straight only losing one round to Igy during the 4’th match. Again, xbox live is lag-y, you could easily argue that I only won 10 of the 11 rounds because of latency. Whatever.

I think Cody beats Honda slightly. I’ve played the matchup a bunch; if you check on youtube there are a few sets of me, TWG Arthur, versus Joe “Tostito Salsa” Love. I win some, I lose some, we’ve met in dozens of tournaments over the past few years.

Nice. I know Joe Love, I’ve seen him in tournaments, good Cody player. Yeah, this match is difficult to pin down. Kinda evenish, some say it goes to cody, others to Honda…

I say it goes to Cody, but the Cody really has to know how to keep Honda out. 6-4 Cody i think.

Once Cody realizes “These frame traps are killing me” and stops trying to be offensive like that and Also realizes “Man, I can keep this guy oiut FOREVER!” it gets to be a match in his favor.

Exactly, his AA work wonders against Honda, and that far hk shuts down our footsies. Can’t walk forward in mid range, cr. lp wiffs if he st hks and you get hit in the forhead during hhs startup. This is one of my worst matches to be honest, when i play a Cody that knows what he’s doing. If the Cody wants to get in your face and pressure you, just block. His frametraps get blown out by ex. headbutt.

I’m not that sure about Cody beating Honda in footsies. It’s true that his far Hk slightly outranges our own st Hk, but the difference is not much, and more importantly Codys far Hk is much slower than Honda’s - 10 fr start vs 7fr start. And coupled with Honda’s better walkspeed…
But I think the biggest problem is that Cody’s st hk completelly whiffs on a crouching Honda. In my opinion Honda beats Cody in footsies

What I’m not sure about is how well can cody zone Honda. You are totally right that Cody’s AAs are just great ag Honda, but I’m not sure about his fireball. I think his rocks are by far the slowest fireball in the game - 29 fr start up - I’m just not sure how well can cody zone with his rocks.

I just don’t have enough experience against a good Cody, so I would be very curious what Retekin thinks, if cody is able to consistently zone Honda with his rocks, esp since he has played against good codys. Are his rocks really effective, or Honda is able to jump/react with Headbutts against them ?