San Diego Coin Op Machines

For those of you that enjoy getting off your couch and playing some offline competition, I want to start a thread documenting the remaining coin-op machines in San Diego. Below are the machines I am aware of. Please post additional locations with SF and SF crossover coin-op machines, in the format below, and I will update this post. Happy gaming!

Brewski’s Bar & Arcade
Address: 8670 Miramar Rd, San Diego, CA 92126
Phone:(858) 586-0540
Machine(s):
• Street Fighter II’ – this is a bootleg version of Champion Edition, with crazy fireballs, air hurricanes, Zangief and Dhalsim increased movement speed, and other non-legit features.
• Marvel vs. Capcom

Coin-Op Game Room
Address: 3926 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104
Phone:(619) 255-8523
Machine(s):
• Street Fighter II Turbo – Hyper Fighting
o Note: Coin-op holds tournaments on the first Saturday of every month, check out their facebook page for more info
• Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Boomers
Address: 6999 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111
Phone:(858) 560-4212
Machine(s):
• X-Men vs. Street Fighter
• Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Boomers
Address: 1525 W Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083
Phone:(760) 945-9474
Machine(s):
• Street Fighter Alpha 3
• Marvel vs. Capcom

Nickel City
Address: 8990 Miramar Rd #180, San Diego, CA 92126
Phone:(858) 675-9700
Machine(s):
• Street Fighter III: Third Strike
• Marvel vs. Capcom 2
• Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition
• Street Fighter Alpha 3

Happen to be down here and looking for this kind of stuff, thanks!

Original post edited to include: Nickel City in Miramar now has Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition and Street Fighter Alpha 3. I have been here twice in the last month to play both of these, as these are two of my fav all time SF’s.

there’s an alpha 3 cab at centre laundry on el cajon blvd

cool.

there’s a SF2 Hyper Fighting at the Filiberto’s in Vista.

960 E Vista Way, Vista, CA 92084

The sticks and buttons are a bit iffy. Tried both sides, same results on 1P and 2P. I was still able to 1cc it, over 1M points, and it seemed to be set to maximum difficulty.

Hyper fighting at coin-op has had some decent comp. lately. Also I believe the multicade at Berkeley Pizza on 30th has SF games on it.

That’s good there’s some comp now. I live in Serra Mesa and go to North Park all the time. Been to coin op like a few times and seen nobody on that old man’s game.

I was at Coin Op a couple months back on a Saturday. The place was hopping. I had only been there on Sundays prior, and it’s a whole different environment when it’s packed on a Saturday…like the arcades of old.

There were 3 or 4 guys rotating on the HF machine, which I quickly took control of. I give those guys credit, they kept coming back until realizing there was no hope. This old man had his day in the sun on that day. :smiley: