Samurai Shodown 2 thread

Any other known infinites besides Nicotine’s or is that the only one you can do?

Gen-An, who has a similar infinite with his chain grab move:

Chain grab, [running standing AB xx Chain grab] xN.

Neither of them should be considered actual infinites because the opponent can VERY easily mash out of the dizzy, and always recover faster than Nicotine or Gen-An can throw out the AB needed to re-combo into their chain grabs.

All you really need to know about SS2 is Haomaru is teh coolest! :tup:

Anyone with some hints for my medicore Genjuro? Besides my main guys, I like to play him once in a while again. I use mainly his far s.B to poke together with his fireballs. Up close I go for c.C kicks and s.B into Rekkas or his DM after the s.B. Against big mistakes I use his AB, but that’s it … -_-

How many here have played Tenka? Does it make this game obsolete or is this better still?

SS2 is after all still the most strategic SS of them all. Tenka has a new, more combo friendly, system. But for details read this threadhttp://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99217, here and there you get impressions of people who played it.

I’m no SamSho fan, but can I have some combos for Genjyuro?

SS2 is not really about combos, which is very good in my opinion (makes the matches more real and heated), but try s.B(close), qcf+B, qcf+B, qcf+B or j.AB, hcb,f+A(only when raged). You can also try close c.AB, s. AB. This does extrem damage, but you wont have the chance to hit with that combo often and it doesn’t always conect anyway.

Haohmaru was my fav but on tne title screen after it says samurai spirits, the words Hoahmaru and something else was said.

What was that other word

Thanks, yeah I know that about old games ^_^.

@Akutabi Gamma
np

@abhi
The other word after Haohmaru is jigokuhen. This word means something like " picture of Hell ", if the translation program was right. It would also be kinda logic, because Mizuki has something to do with hell.^^

Yeah I know about Tenka I just wanted to know what people thought about it in comparison to this game…bc they just talk about Tenka not how it stacks up as one of the best…but maybe its too early to tell right now…nothing SUPER BROKEN has been discovered yet…kinda…lol

I heared this new CD kinda combos are pretty brokenin the SSIV Groove, because except for the same move it isn’t directly counterable. But maybe something against it will be discovered soon, the game is still new after all.^^

@all
I still need some advanced Genjuro help espcially against Charlottes distance poking game latly. Her A’s and B’s are a pain for Genji …

Shameless bump in hopes for a thread revival…

I have just started getting into the SS series (I know, my fault for being a tunnel visioned SF fan) and I have found after playing them all save Tenka, this one ranks as my fave. I know it is difficult to discuss a game that is centered on player dependant mind-games/strategy, but I feel this game still ranks as a widely played gem with possible tourney life still available for scrubs and vets alike. Thanks to ParryPerson for starting this years ago and here is hope for further SS2 meandering.

Hell if there ever was a tournament hosted for this game, I would definitely be there (only in So Cal L.A. or San Diego area) miss beating people with only .75 cents for a 51-3 streak (ah memories :sad:)

There can be easily at EVO West…I will run it…

Just to say that SS2 infinites are not true infinites since you can get out of it (though it’s true you’ll probably get away after paying the initial price)

Also Ukyo is God-tier for all the aforementioned reasons and the tiny little fact that he is the only character who can link into his super, which is a nice addition to his awesomeness

Can you guys post all of the immediate “dizzy” and “death” points for each character? I’ll start with Genjuro: Last part of Rekka leaves him open to be killed in 1 hit if condition is right.

OMG 2 years on, I just found this out. Thanks for that and you know Charlotte’s BG pic says it all.

Also Dark Geese, if this game is in Evo world, then me and Haohmaru will be there.

How true is the old urban tier-paradox myth that Nakoruru actually owns Ukyo (but loses to everyone else)? :confused: