Sakura Q&A: Ask simple questions here!

He’s vulnerable to throws during roll. Roll has a brief recovery time, too, so if you can manage a poke as he comes out… just thank him for the combo damage.

Where do you find that character win/loss page?

somewhere in player data where it also has character usage, since my character usage is like, 90% sakura it’s pretty accurate

i just found out that sakura’s dash goes under a hurricane kick. totally worthless and unnecessary but fun to know

Her jumping forward MP timed right can stuff quite a few jump in attacks on anticipation, usually gives you enough time to recover so you don’t get countered from the ground.

If you get your spacing right, standing MK/close standing MK can stuff quite a few of Rog’s dash punches if you can hit before he has his arm extended into the dash punch’s animation. Not exactly safe, but it does work. EX shos are what I counter with from outside of 3-4 steps from him, inside 3 steps, you can stuff him(even crouching MP will connect and counter with 1-2 steps). Not saying that’s all guaranteed, but once you can visually anticipate what he’s up to, it can be done.

crouching mk is cancelable, so you should use that.

Came in here to post that to the anti-air question. I use it more as a reaction to their jump since her body is so far behind her fist. Air to air I usually use MK or LK

Early jumping forward HK has a really strange arc on its hit box that can beat out a lot of other jump ins as well. But you have to do it early.

Against Balrog, I found that jumping straight up HK works pretty well, since it hits so far below Sakura and easily combos into everything.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Now onto a new match-up I have sever problems with, E.Honda.

From long range there is nothing you can do to pressure him. Fireballs don;t travel full distance and as you move closer, he can jump HP over the fireballs and control where he will land. At mid range, fireballs can piss Honda off and stop Headbutts, but this range is lethal for Sakura. As the fireball takes so long to recover, Honda can react to the fireball by jump over, combo.

Even stopping repeated Sumo drops (his charge up down move) is difficult. It seems Sakura doesn’t have a move that can stuff this easily and it gives Honda free pressure.

I literally have no clue how to fight this match-up. It doesn’t help that the Honda player I play against is one of the best players in London (and probably Europe), but yeah this seems like one hell of an uphill struggle, on an almost Sak vs Gief level!

You can just c.HP any air thing he has pretty much. Just jump straight up a lot and turtle. don’t go randomly jumping at him, esp if he has meter. Her fireball is good enough that it’ll stop random headbutts.

As far as sumo splash, just bait it and if he whiffs it, free c.HP into whatever punishment you want. Aside from that, it’s pretty easy to rush him down.

And no, this matchup is nowhere near as bad as Sak vs Gief. Honda has no green hand. He has no 1F ton of damage ultra, he has no lariat. He has a command throw worse than SPD, he lacks an anti air that’s even half as good as lariat, and he’s way easier to handle in general.

You’re probably just losing to a way better player and mistaking that as having a problem against the character.

Heh, you’re probably right. I’ll try your advice next time around. Out of interest, will cr.HP or cr.Mk beat a torpedo, or is Fireball the only tool Sakura has against it?

Also, you can check out the opponent in question (Cuongster) here in match from the latest RB here in London:
[media=youtube]fYb_ZDG9I9c&fmt=22[/media]

Jump back RH doesn’t work?

Fireball beats torpedo, but jump back/jump straight up j.HK stops it pretty well, too. Anything else will prolly get beat out.

What’s the best thing to do after dizzying an opponent assuming you have no ultra or super meter? When I do get a dizzy it’s usually after her EX tatsu -> reset -> EX tatsu shenanigans so I have no meter. The best thing is probably a combo but I’m not sure what her best one is as far as damage and reliability go (I’m not great at links). I’ve also thought about doing a FA but I don’t know the best way to follow it.

Do a jump in into your strongest combo for the most part depending on how many hits got you to stun. Link combos build alot of meter, and it is often possible to build the meter for tastu mixups. If not, end in shouken I imagine.

According to the frame data, a level 3 FA is going to do 130 damage and any jump-in HP or HK will do 100. So start off with that instead, dash-cancel it as usual, and then continue with the combo as you would after a jumpin.

yeah, level 3 FA into like. c.HP LK tatsu s.LK HK tatsu is what i do with no meter.

FA’s count as two attack though for purposes of damage reduction.

Yeah, level 3 is only 130 for 2 hits, rarely worth it.

I was messing around in practice mode because I have the same question. I assumed that FA 3 was a good starter but yeah like others said it counts as 2 hits for damage scaling, which sucks. By the way these damage and stun values do not take into account the damage scaling already present when you dizzied the guy, but you want the most damaging option anyway. So, without meter and involving no links, the most damaging combo I could find was:

[Tested against Ryu]
Jump in HK (or HP), standing close HP xx HK tatsu (344 damage, 440 stun)
*Note: if you replace the st. HP with a crouching HP, you end up missing a hit from the tatsu probably because of the hit stun animation and do less damage. In that case it’s 296 damage, 400 stun. *

Not bad for something so simple but I know for a fact that this does not work against Akuma because of his weird hit stun…so I would test it on other characters as well. For those characters, replace the HK tatsu with HP shouken and you get 324 damage, 480 stun.

Other things to take into account if you want: The HK tatsu ender leaves you somewhat close with a +2 frame advantage to play around with, while the HP shouken gives you a knockdown with the possibility of safe jump pressure (I’m still experimenting with that though).

I tested the FA 3 versions as well if you want to compare:
FA 3 >> cr. HP xx HK tatsu (294 damage, 336 stun)
Note: no difference between standing or crouching HP; you miss a HK tatsu kick either way
FA 3 >> cr. HP xx HP shouken (321 damage, 436 stun)

For those of you who are good at links or want to practice them I think this one is decent and not too hard if you practice it:

deep jump in HK (or HP), st. close HP xx LK tatsu, cr. HP xx HP shouken
(411 damage, 604 stun)
Again the Focus Attack 3 version did less damage. (392 damage, 538 stun)

I also tried doing (on Abel because he is a “fat” character, so I heard):
jump in HK, st. HP xx LK tatsu, cr. HP xx LK tatsu, st. LK xx HP shouken
but the st. LK doesn’t seem to reach. If it can that would be pretty badass for no meter.

Hope this helped.

You can indeed get that third loop now and against against various characters, I just sorta feel it out. Either way though, getting links into lk tastu into ex hk air mixups is def. the way to go.