Saikyo-ryuu for Dummies: Dan Video Thread!

Pretty sure that the ex is the only koryuken that will link off of that, I know that HP wont.

Check my post in the combos thread about the close strong to dp link, it works in some situations against all and in all situations against some.

Nice job there. Teaches kids that Saikyo-ryo is not to be taken lightly. Might want to post some of your other vids.

DarksydePhil has started his DAN MADNESS. :bgrin:

First vid: [media=youtube]z1QGylvIgQo&fmt=18[/media]
Rest of them are under his profile.

EDIT - El oh freaking el. DSP is awesome. [media=youtube]Sh5GVAQqSTg&fmt=18[/media]
That movie had me crying I was laughing so hard. :rofl:

Wow fp dp with Ken beat Dan’s ultra. That’s kinda dumb.

Any invulnerable move(and possibly some vunerable ones) that have a hit box on the top of dans head will beat dans ultra with the right spacing. Off the top of my head, ryu and kens uppercuts, ken’s ultra, sagat’s ultra, blankas arcing balls all beat it.

Focus attacks also beat it, too.

But I thought dp hitboxes started close to the ground. The ultra beats boxer dash upper doesn’t it?

And i also thought ken fp dp wasn’t invincible

Yeah, that’s why i said i thought some without invulnerability did. Not sure if it beats boxer dash upper, Id test, but I don’t think I’ll be able to test anything till this weekend, at the soonest(I’ve got a lot of stuff to do for various classes).

Wow. That was hilarious that second movie has to be by far the worst match ever…

Seriously, what are some of these players doing!?!

vs. Emoprinny Chun-li

[media=youtube]ZbrsEmwjyhk[/media] Part 1

[media=youtube]I2f_pXuvR6o&feature=related[/media] Part 2

[media=youtube]htKD4RGv3o8&feature=related[/media] Part 3

[media=youtube]cheCRJ-6ajE&feature=related[/media] Part 4

Don’t look at part 4 if like Furete. And my god i lost all the matches with my Dan. i need to work on my bnb game badly. I did too many uppercut in this fight. And I think I overuse his kicks too much. Any tips on how to get better with Dan?

edit: BTW I was trying to use more gadoken, than uppercut.

Chun-Li in pink is not Dan! HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY MASTER!!!

i played 10 games last night with Ramza86 and quickly lost all 10. My Dan is weak but I have a blast playing as him.

Ramza86, if you want to play again tonight I’ll record the video and post it up of you owning me. Sorry I had to run after game 10, wife was calling! Good games though.

lol…it was fun…ill run a few with you again…I still make bad mistakes…but this game has some leniency so your not completely destroyed…

I make a bad choice DP in HDR…70% hp is gone lol

I love his MADNESS videos - even though he does nothing but bitch about nonexistent lag when he starts to lose.

The “nonexistent” part of your post is dead wrong.

I dont like the madness videos…his fake laugh hurts my brain…and is he alone? I hope not…guy would sound like a nutjob…but you know…to one his own…good for him…

his videos are informative…and I think needed for learning…so good for him…bad for my ears :slight_smile:

I can’t watch DSPs vids because of his high pitched voice, could be just his camera though cause he didn’t sound goofy in person. It’s like Phil Hellmuth decided to play Street Fighter.

And that laugh, I’ve heard manlier laughs from Japanese women. Sorry Phil, but stop with the fake laugh.

If you’ve watched any amount of his videos (even HDR) you’ll know that he always whines about lag anytime something doesn’t go his way.

An OK Dan, there were various stuff in Round 3 he could’ve blocked/countered :confused:
[media=youtube]IcIQ5BHSitU&fmt=18[/media]
This brings up a question: Could proper use of FAs really benefit Dan?