Saikyo-ryuu for Dummies: Dan Video Thread!

[media=youtube]NcL2ibKa9y8&fmt=18[/media]
^Japanese Dan matches!
Dan player(s) are…well OK, they miss various opportunities and rarely used his FA. Assuming it is the same player, he kinda got better by the last match.
Also Super did not suck in dragon kicking Abel…

I’d say the Dan in the second vid has some very solid fundamentals, with good use of lights and mediums and some great spacing. My only complaint was that he didn’t juggle with EX moves, but that’s minor.

Dan’s Super has no suction effect whatsoever. It’ll only combo if the opp is on the ground and close enough; if it “appears” to suck in air attacks, it’s because the opp landed.

Hmm can someone find frame data for Dan’s Super?

Surprisingly very entertaining :slight_smile: I love playing Dan, if for no other reason than to have people WTF when I destroy them with him. I think he’s always been highly underestimated, considering being a gag character for the majority of time.

[media=youtube]2KrY4TtcGuM"[/media]

My crappy Dan, just thought I’d add it because there aren’t a huge amount of videos floating around.

thanks bro…any video right now is needed…I learned something against fei lol…if he does a far chicken wing…FA that shit! lol…

Bit of advice for you…throw more…you can mix up pretty well with it…cross ups…also nice jab combo for you… cr.jab,cr.jab,cr.jab,s.lk…thats a good combo…puts them out of sweep range…allows you to do either s.Mk(my favorite attack) or cr.mk…the combo can let you mix up really well too…2 jabs and a throw… after the lk…w8 and punish or even dash up and throw again…I like that lil combo as my close up bread and butter

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23804
^Begginer’s Dan combo vid, some pretty basic stuff but good

Awesome thread, thanks for doing this!

Such a shame there’s still so few Dan videos. Oh well here’s one i’m sure you’ll all love:

[media=youtube]et0F67h65sI&fmt=22[/media]

that video…makes me sad…maybe I should make some of my own…with my shitty camera and my non HD TV…Im still pretty bad…but not that bad lol…

Yeah, that Ken player is absolutely terrible but it’s a funny video of Dan owning. And let’s face it, out of all the videos in this thread there have been maybe 2 where the Dan player was impressive.

That dan wasn’t even that goo :(, he could at least FP->HK dan kick them for his shoryuken punish.

OK so…I just played el fuerte in a player match and recorded it with my camera…I get a disgusting black line right where the guys fight in the air field level…if anyone has any ideas…fyi the camera is a picture camera and I just did the lil movie option…

Im posting these…just because…well there isnt any dan vids…

few things before you judge lol…my first time vs an el fuerte…not too sure what was going on…but w/e…maybe itll help…

also I promise…ill play better when I put some more up lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ramza86

The black line has to do with interlacing. I’m not a capture pro, but a google search can show how to get around that.

Nice no-frills “serious” Dan. Good use of c.lp, s.lk, s.mk string (be mindful that it can get reversed in other matchups). I’m not so sure about using c.mp as a poke; s.mp and s.mk seem better. Also not sure why you saved your ex stocks for his super.

The super was prolly a mistake…being the fact that I dont like to super or ultra…I know I did one super out of desperation and it landed…the others prolly mistakes…i tend to do that…

The cr.mp is just from me playing HD remix and still not getting out of that habit…lol

I also know the string gets broken after the s.lk…im more careful against other chars

I want to use the lights less when i cross up and do more damaging combos but Im not quick enough yet at reacting if my cross up mk landed and then hitting a harder combo

Im still raw and should up my game with a bit of time…I assume it will take a bit longer for me since i never played 3rd strike

Two options:

1. j.mk -> s.mp -> c.lp xx ex danku
  • This is hit-confirmable after the s.mp. If that connects, continue on with the combo. The c.lp may have to be substituted with s.lp against some characters.
  1. j.mk -> s.mp xx ex danku
  • This is also hit-confirmable but it’s before the s.mp so it’s a little harder. However, you don’t actually have to hit-confirm this because ex danku is safe anyway. Even if it’s blocked, you’ve got a throw attempt most of the time (can be reversed).

Shouldn’t matter much; the lack of parrying alone makes this game a bit different from 3rd strike. Keep it up!

Reposting from my borked dan vid thread; don’t know how i missed this one :looney:

Dan (hWnd) vs Gouken (Sasukexx) - [media=youtube]ybfr2wc8djg[/media]

-h

Nice match, but I guess by now you know NOT to use his Ultra as an anti-air.

cross-up MK, s.MP -> ex. Koryuken is the easiest thing to hit confirm off of.

How are you guys recording videos, i would love to do that, but no idea how.

Is this space-dependent? I’ve stopped trying to hit-confirm koryu after s.mp because it’s too contingent on spacing