Safejump into wakeup raging demon?

Suppose I give Akuma a hard knockdown, when he has a raging demon ultra stocked up. If I jump in, can he always wakeup raging demon? or is there a way to safejump and defend against this possibility? What moves should I use.

Thanks.

Go to practice mode and work your cross ups. Pick akuma and set dummy as ryu. [pick record and record a knockdown into a meaty cross up. change to playback and super/ultra on wake up.] Repeat what is in brackets until find desired results…

Thanks. will do.

If I recall correctly does the crossup have to super crossed up? (as in really far behind akuma’s head) Akuma’s U1 has some invincibility and the animation makes him lean back a bit making most ryu jumpins slide along the front of his body and get caught.

Short answer: bait it with an empty jump then jump away and punish it, or hit him with a late jump in to stuff it, or use a jump in that would make it wiff.

The tricky part about Akuma’s U1 is that since it’s a throw you can’t safe jump it since he grabs you in the frames where you are recovering from the jumping attack but still allowed to block. So what you can do is do a safe jump but don’t press an attack in the air and block as you land. If he ultras then you can jump, if he shoryukens you block. Problem here is that it’s hard to time the safe jump unless you hit them with a sweep. So what you can do is jump early instead of trying to get the perfect timing, the problem with that is the Akuma player may see that you’re landing too early and decide not to wake up with anything.

Akuma’s U1 is not invincible for long, this means that a late jump in with stuff it since you’ll still be in the air when the invincibility runs out. The problem with this is that Akuma can just wake up shoryuken you for free. The advantage however is that this is results in the most damaging punish for the U1. Overall though this is probably the worst option since a decent Akuma player will just shoryuken you.

Lastly you can try jumping at him at such a timing and spacing that a wake up raging demon will wiff. The same setups that will make a reversal dp or even some non-reversal dps wiff will usually work for raging demon. For the jump in use medium or light kick and try to land on top of akuma’s dead. Overall this is usually the best option after a throw, the only real answer is a properly timed dp.