Sabertooth/IM airthrow inf loop

Try this…

setups…

a.) any launcher with sabertooth, pause, call IM AAA, n.jump u+airthrow…

or

b.) if they n.jump toward you blocking… call IM AAA, n.jump up/fwd + airthrow…

it loops everytime into IM AAA… which you can relaunch from if fast enough… unrollable OTG if slightly later… and OTG if real late and they don’t roll… that launch can be used as setup (a) to loop it through again… them mashing out a quick normal will semi-break setup a… but if they do that you’d normally trade a HP with wtver normal they stuck out… and it can just knock em into IM AAA anyways… OR they just falling into IM AAA mashing normals… any of the above nets you that chance to relaunch and/or OTG.

2 loops kills most people… if you do 2 loops then finish with a super on sent… its 100%

even if you are quick enough to relaunch or unrollable OTG… they can still tech the throws… but its great still. if they miss the first tech, but make the second… its still 70%ish dmg. If you don’t want to risk a second throw or its a low life character like akuma, wolvie, ect… you can pretty much connect the first throw into IM’s AAA and then connect a super right away. Normally it’s enough… It’s somewhat like juggs throw in the corner… a tech or die situation…

it’s also very easy to do once you got the timing… and the launcher setup is easy mixup if you just aircombo every other time or so… I add psy AAA as the third b/c it helps sabertooth land an initial launcher… plus also encourages people to jump in on you blocking instead of poking (helps with setup (b). It also helps cure sabe’s rushdown prone nature.

You can also work this with thanos bubble and several other assists I’ve seen so far.

example to help you see what this looks like for the double loop finishing with a super (which is only needed on sent)

your psy hits, cr.HP (relaunch)
pause, call IM AAA, n.jump up+throw into IM AAA (all hits connect)
s.lk(unrollable OTG),cr.HP (relaunch)
pause, call IM AAA, n.jump up+throw into IM AAA (all hits connect)
s.lk (unrollable OTG) xx lp.berserker claw xx berserker barrage X

So as you can see you can drop out of this rotation in many places/mix it up/exit early with a super. During a loop you will also change locations a couple times… giving even better chances for mixing it up by dropping out early into something else.

Side note… sabe’s birdie super + IM proton cannon gives you a monster assist punish… and birdie lasts longer but recovers faster… which really helps IM out in that situation.

<Update>

Really been putting the screws in this team and it is fucking mean.

Everything with tooth on this team is about trying to land a low airthrow into IM… or a setup for one.

In most cases… the setup + 1 throw into the assist does 50-60%… and you can either finish with a super or try to loop again… and then finish with a super if its still needed (sent only.)

Does get better though…

teching out of the throw is nigh impossible as you tech strait into IM AAA (your already inside it while doing the inputs.)

Missing the airthrow lands you on their other side with IM AAA still on the original side which means free high/low/throw mixup…

Playing this team is a lot like playing msp (though your option trees look completely different) the use of psy to start most stuff or provide unrollable OTG’s to launcher setup is beyond good for what this team wants to do.

I’ve had way more success getting this to work on good players than I figured I would at first. NO ONE is ready to tech or die during every combo… which is just what sabertooth will bring. what looks like standard subpar sabe’s aircombo about to go down… becomes oh shit I should have tech’d a second ago… and wait… FUCK… I died.

Obviously this team is very rushdown heavy which means it’s not great against all teams… but then again it can deal enough dmg quickly to beat anyone missing a couple techs… so…