Sa1

I started using SA3 the other day. I Like the bar but doesn’t any one think that elec snake is a crappy super? I used to use SA1 and I dont know why people dont’t like it. And I don’t get what is so great about SA3 and why the pros all use it.

All 3 are decent supers. MagStorm is just the lesser of the 3.

Slam Dance has very reliable setups for very nearly guaranteed damage, and also acts as a counter to mindless rushdown. Magstorm also does this, but is nowhere near as safe. It’s also parriable.

Electric Snake does massive amounts of stun, and links/cancels off of most of Necro’s major pokes. One single landed ElSnake puts the opponent’s stun bar over 50% (sometimes WELL over). That puts the opponent in a very dangerous position, which often drastically changes the flow of the match. If they get stunned, you just won the round. If they get hit with MagStorm, they’re just angry and ready to get back up and hit you.

It’s like asking why Ryu would ever pick Denjin over Shinkuu. You hit a Shinkuu, you can do a pretty solid combo. Yay. You hit the Denjin, it’s GGPO for free.

N

Short bars + Huge stun = Win :tup:

mostly I switched because of the whole parrying thing. People parried it I died. Plus ES makes me play more conservative which in 3s is a good thing.

Oh, I never noticed how much stun sa3 gave!

But I really liked magnetic storm. It had huge prority and lots of range. It also did good damage and comboed off some pokes and spinning fists. I didn’t know why no one talked about it. I started using sa3 today and I didn’t know what was the big deal. I guess I should just play more necro. I really want to be a solid necro player.

The reason nobody really talks about SA1 is because there is nothing to say about it really. Its big dmg if it lands, leaves you open if they block it. Not many strategies to it really, ether use a quick poke to combo into it, or use it when the other person is open :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m starting to like Slam Dance a lot more now though. Its big dmg but hardly as easy to counter as the Storm is. Meter isnt really even a big deal for Necro because of whiffed standing back+strong/forward and the drills building meter so fast. It also wins in the mind game area of things, as when its bar is almost full it makes people more cautious. :tup:

I normally use the Snake though. Just the safest bet, if only Necro had better EXs that didnt telegraph so badly :sad:

Please don’t say you’d pick Denjin Hadoken over Shinkuu Hadoken. While, yes, Denjin is more threatening if it lands, it’s not like you really have a reliable chance in hell of landing it in the first place.

You use SAIII for the following reasons:
-Huge stun
-SHORT bar
-Very comboable
-Because of all of the above, it is a constant threat.

I kinda disagree on the last point. Its hardly a “constant threat” You will never see anyone choose not to follow up with a rush because you have Snake meter lol

The other 2 supers are more of a constant threat were as the Snake just makes comboes better and gives stun-wins as more of an option. When you have SA I and II meter, people wiegh their options a bit more wich may give you openings and/or some breathing room in bad situations.

I had a situation once were I went 4 battles w/out even using a super with SAII. The fact that people knew I could do the super at any time if they wern’t careful was far more powerful a tool than the dmg I could actually inflict with it lol :clap: Good times with mind games :karate:

how could u set up slam dance?

after a divekick for example

yeah dive kick hit or miss. Cross up divekick on hugo in the corner is really nice, or divekick through them on wakeup and slam dance. but any setup is still escapable, except for perhaps the anti-air setup which is really nice. Um another setup is stand over their body when they are waking up and whiff a short through them then immediately super, lots of people will try and retaliate with some sort of wakeup move, such as a dragon punch and then you can just grab them.