Ryu V-Trigger 2

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/assets/def/img/news/promotion/ae/slide_img/V201.jpg

Hopes? =)

I think we get basically SF4 Focus Attack

Whatever it is, it does quite a bit of damage.

It does look like a focus attack. If it’s nothing more then a focus attack then it might actually be pretty good. We don’t have to worry about armor breaking reversals and moves in SFV like we did in SF4. Plus we already have a character that has a V Trigger like this in the form of Abigail’s V Trigger. So yeah, it could be pretty useful.

Unfortunately it would just be a better version of his current V Trigger. We can already play chicken with our opponents by charging up Denjin and daring them to jump out of it or guard crush them via a set up. His first V Trigger needs some major changes to actually make us want to use it over this. And I have a hard time seeing how this will actually be worse than his current V Trigger unless it gets a major buff.

Probably it (VT2) will come with the annual patch too, that i think it will bring some buffs to Ryu* as normally annual patch bring balancement changes/buff/nerfs, and Ryu as now is in a situation that make him an obvious candidate for mostly/only buffs

So i guess until we know the buffs is more about if we like more the idea of denjin hados (and some better frames) or focus attack… but yeah, some of the buff/changes may also be VT1-specific to keep both option more or less equal

Btw since VT1 does’nt give just charged hados but buff frames/stun/hado/SRK/CA too, for i will like to see some extra stuff for VT2 aside the “FA” punch.
Maybe extra damage on all normals, i will like it as imho Ryu work best as heavy hitter char
Maybe also make it work in combination with his V-skill/Parry, like they did in SF4 Omega mode (at 0:57):

Fun thing SFV Ryu got a lot in common with Omega version… ORyu also got back his SF3 parry, and got MP>HP>HK combo, will be so cool if get Tesshin/Isshin too =)

*i think they will improve some of his tools and -as usual- make rain nerfs everywhere on his damage. Peoples will be happy, i will be sad lol
They will also pretend some shit that benefit 68% of the cast is a “Ryu buff” to justify the lack of multiple buffs lol

I’m moderately excited about AE and giving Ryu mostly buffs would be a no brainer (though Capcom balancing team seems to be lacking in the brains department lately), however, I’m still skeptical about it. I don’t want it to favor a rushdown-only type of playstyle. I want the game to let me try to adapt to a new style on the fly. Sometimes I think that is why Daigo is not as good in this game as before: he can’t keep his opponents guessing on how slow or fast he is going in or if he is going in at all.

Anyways, I want buffs, but like I’ve said before, Ryu’s regultar V-system is okay. That’s how most V-triggers should be. They should give you a CHANCE, not just be a jail-free card. And Ryu’s denjin is cool, if everyone else’s V-System were on par, but since SFV just went and tried to kill fireballs, there’s not much use for it.

Anyways. We’ll see how this turns out. I won’t download the game again until I see players being able to “express themselves”, as cliché as it sounds.

That’s his stand fierce mirrored, isn’t it?

I just hope they buff his VT1.

I used to think about that and Fist of the wind is destined to be part of SFV instead of a CA.

Since @bakfromon translate the V-Trigger II as "確固不抜 (Kakkofubatsu), that means “determined or steadfast”.

It probably more into a RED Focus that can take multiple hits than a ordinary focus that already appeared in some characters.

It can be probably used multiple times and each activation can drain your V-Gauge

Or it’s similar to Red Focus but rather drains your V-gauge instead rather than your life gauge

I don’t expect it to be better than Denjin Mode. Let see.

Fierce is still a right punch, but got opposite leg as lead
This one remind me SNK’s Ryo big punch =)

Spoiler

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/assets/def/img/news/promotion/ae/slide_img/V201.jpg

https://jcphotog.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/kofxiv-1.jpg

RYO does stun and knocks the opponent down across the other side of the screen but the Ryu in that image does different to Bison is still standing. It looks like a guard break or something.

I swear to Crom, if Ryu’s HP Shoryu and MP Shoryu still do the same amount of damage and stun, I will get a physical AE disc only to break it!

give HP SRK it’s before-patch damage,before this shit happened

H Shoryuken (Normal/V-Trigger):
 Decreased damage of normal version from 140 to 120
 Decreased damage during V-Trigger from 160 to 130

Whatever it is won’t make a difference unless it makes DP or at least normal AAs work properly. Is it just Ryu or is this entire game wholly opposed to letting you have a fair chance whilst on the defensive? So boring and frustrating.

Whatever it is won’t make a difference unless it makes DP or at least normal AAs work properly. Is it just Ryu or is this entire game wholly opposed to letting you have a fair chance whilst on the defensive? So boring and frustrating.

at 0:20

http://freegifmaker.me/img/res/1/5/1/1/1/3/15111372642984550.gif?1511137281

Going to need a better example. You can already Parry Uriens knee drop and do st.mp Cr.fierce xx DP xx Super…?

Hoping for other properties.

I think one major difference is that Ryu’s VT2 stun the opponent with the first parry, so you can likely interrupt even a multiple hit attack with just one successful parry (and i guess the window is more wide) and punish with a big punch probably also quick strikes you can’t normally punish with Vskill

Here it show it well in slow motion
https://www.eventhubs.com/images/2017/nov/19/v-triggers-02/

A good question is what can you link after the punch (wich does nice dmg btw)

Will have been awesome can SPS after it, but i really doubt… but even just cr.HP>HPsrk>Super will be nice

Looks like more combo oriented trash, Ryu needs defensive and zoning tools, not new ways to combo. Fuck this.

it will not help ryu , he need more than this :

A: This is if you think ryu must be a zoning caracter.

1.FB Recovery
2.invisible DP
3.Longer hurt box from his st lk as it was in S1
4. More longer Hurtbox for his st lp.

B: If you think ryu must be a close body caracter as capcom seems to think it must be now ,then

1.More faster Start Up for his normal .
2.No blok after throw (So lol lol lol to saw that when u heard what capcom said about ryu)
3.More + on block for his hits.
4. Crouch Counter Must be more efficient.

Actually he is nothing , no zoning , no body , he is just a waiter of mistake , that s it… And this VT 2 will not help him.

I love Ryu but there is now no sence to play him.

It will suck. And I will still main him.

In fact, I expect more nerfs. I don’t care.