Ryu Combos and Glitches

List your favorite combos here using standard abbreviation conventions. Include the proper damage from the training data in training mode.

In order to get an accurate number, make sure to set your character’s super meter to either “Normal” or “Max Start” because “Infinity” and “Recover” will give the combo an illegal damage boost. Also, make sure to perform the combo against P-Groove or A-Groove because some of the other grooves have meter-based defense bonuses. Finally, make sure to perform the combo when the opponent has a full lifebar, because otherwise the damage will be reduced depending on how low the opponent’s health is.

Also, discuss any glitches or bugs the character has, not including Roll Cancel. RC discussion belongs in a strategy thread.

corner combo

lk,lp,mk shinkulv2,smallhurricankick,superhkick

crossup lk,lp,mk,shinkulv2,shinkulv1

theres not much creativity in C groove

you said it all right there.

What do you mean by “superhkick”? is the “smallhurricanekick” supposed to hit?

he meant super hurricane kick

crossover mk,lp,lp,low mk,lvl2 sup.hur.
crossover mk,lk,lp,lp,lk hur.
jumping in fp,standing fp,sup.fireball

close cr. Strongxxxcr. forwardxxxShinku hadouken

or the simple cross up rk or mk, and shinshoryuken on k-groove

crossup, cr.short,cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.forward, lvl 3 shinku hadouken… not sure about level 2

ummmmm crossup, c.lk, c.lp, c.mp, c.mk, lvl 3

cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.fierce xx shinku hadouken

I guess I have a sort of glitchy thing that happenned. The situation is this, I’m k’d up as Ryu, and my friend was gief. He jumps in on me and I do the Shin shoryuken. It wasn’t supposed to hit but it did.

So basically what happenned was he jumped in, and I did the super right off the bat, then ryu left the ground for a split second, hit gief in the air, then teleported back to the ground to perform his auto-combo four hits.

I guess it happenned b/c gief is so big, or maybe it had something to do with his jump.

i got a question dude:

this combo frm CvS1: cross-up HK, (land)LP Shoryuken, shin srk (juggle)

is this only for big characters like gief?

i knw this is a CvS2 thread, but it’s not practical to put up a CvS1 thread containing this question, right?

Hope that someone answers this… Tnx

ducking mk, ducking fp, super fireball

that combo doesn’t link, sure you didn’t mean to say c.short/jab, c.fierce xx super fireball?

my bad i meant ducking mp, ducking fp

posted this in the ken forum, and i guess i’ll post it here. Shoto far s.strong and far s.forward beats cammy’s far s.roundhouse. Far s.forward is way better at stuffing cammy’s roundhouse in close range where s.mp will lose or trade.

bad combos

jumping fk, shin-shoryuken
jumping short, qcb-k (optinal in air)
sp,clk,qcb-k

P-Groove

Just 3 Piss Easy Combos

MK>FP
MK>FP>L.SRK
MK>FP>Hurricane Kick

Shinkuu-Hadouken Super Links

L.SRK>Shinkuu-Hadouken
MK>L.SRK>Shinkuu-Hadouken

CR.MK>Shinkuu-Hadouken
CR.MK>Hadouken>Shinkuu-Hadouken
JumpFK>CR.MK>SRK>Shinkuu-Hadouken

Super-SRK Super Link

Hurricane Kick>Super-SRK
(In Corner) SRK>Super-SRK
JumpFK>CR.MK>SRK>Super SRK

Just some basic shit that can win matches. Especially the SRK>Shinkuu-Hadouken Combo. 6 hits over 40% on 2Stars Damage.

I am in no way a ryu master, nor am i hardly good i don’t think. These are just some combos i use.