Rusty Blood - A New nEw neW fighting game in development

Hi, I’m the digital artist for this project ;), i’m working with 3D models, and it will output 2D renders in anime style, then i have created graphics 2d for Charater Select menù.

the last picture show Ryan, this character is almost completed

looking good so far. as long as you don’t add corny little girls, it’s cool

no little girls, but only big boobs
Fourth character :wink:

those designs for the orange robot guy is so “saturday morning toy”-ish.
I like it.

Keep up the good work
Looks decent for the number of staff

But corny everything else is fine?

I swear everybody and their mothers are making a fighting game nowadays.

Not that I’m complaining or anything; the more the merrier, in my opinion.

Fixed. If it actually comes out then there will be something to talk about. I’ve seen dozens of people post their new fighting game they’re working on and they don’t get much further than the concept stage and almost never make it to a playable build.

IMO, it would be better if folks started by sharing some glimpses of a playable game or an alpha build. It feels like people just go straight into making these characters without first fleshing out the gameplay.

Good catch, and I agree with you, though I can think of at least a couple of projects I’ve seen here who’ve gotten to a playable demo point or farther (Fearless Night, Shattered, that Slashers game). I’ve had a couple 30-page documents that will (hopefully) one day be a fighting game lying around for a good 2 years now, but concepts and ideas are a dime a dozen, and people (rightfully) don’t really get into a project unless there’s some sort of playable demo.

Not to discourage you or anything, OP. Best of luck to you and whoever else is working on this thing with you!

That would imply the gameplay has been fleshed out and random indie game dev knew what they were doing and were actually serious about completing the game. If you never do more than concept art you haven’t invested enough into the game to feel bad when you walk away. Not to call anyone out or anything, but I’ve just seen this cycle happen so many times that I assume the worst every time it happens because the worst happens 99% of the time.

You’re corny. Little girls are the best

This week I put a video where I show the engine,and these will be the characters for the demo

Spoiler

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qsqlmq.png

is that guy’s name seriously oni-machine-gun

if you want you can call him just Oni :wink:

I get a very european vibe from this… you wouldn’t happen to be Italian by any chance?

:wink:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aNxlbyn4XWY&feature=youtu.be

The animations look very stiff and clunky. Needs a lot of work and tweaking IMO.

ok :wink: thanks, i work on it! :slight_smile:
Now, i am making a stage

Buff dude with PURPLE HAIR named Ryan in a red shirt and jeans with a cybernetic leg. I’m assuming he’s the main character/poster boy, but his design isn’t very interesting, especially his stance. He looks like a Metalapocalypse reject. He’d look better with a different color scheme. His animations all look really stiff, reminds me alot of Mortal Kombat in some ways.

Oni Machine Gun just looks like a bunch of random ideas thrown together. He gives off this Japanese high school delinquent vibe, carries a wooden sword… and has a machine gun grated to his arm? Topped off with Kamina glasses… his hair makes me think of Cromartie High School.

M-01 wouldn’t be so bad if it weren’t for that hair and awful color scheme. Orange and Purple really don’t mix. The stance isn’t doing him any favors either.

Then as for Xulian, this is an ok design, she at least looks like a fighting game character, but she reminds me too much of Marilyn Sue from Akatsuki Blitzkampf.