Rugal stuff

for the past 3 days i have been laughing at kataklysmic’s avatar:lol:

Rugal’s pretty good, but you REALLY have to know your matchups.

-Like who you can use ADS against and who not to. (Not anyone w/ a slide, low anti air, or a weapon)

-For instance, I think Rugal holds his own against Sagat, b/c since Sagat’s so tall, moves Like S. RH and C FP come into their own.

-Rugal’s Stand RH hits Yama’s Stand Rh clean.

-Jump back fierce will smack alot of vega’s jump ins. Try to knock his claw off with Reppukens or Kaiser Waves, then you can ADS (I think)

-Low RH actually beats Cammy’s Spiral arrow, and if spaced correctly prevents her from getting into stand fierce range.

-Also, Rugal’s stock rises when playing against A,N, or K grooves. You can throw out Wallpresses almost for free after knockdowns, and if they tech roll, it’s wallpress->super. Goodbye character.

I played him for a LOOOOONG time on my main team. My main team was Iori, Rugal, Bison.

I figured out I had two characters that got trashed by Blanka… three depending how the bison match went. I replaced Rugal w/ Chun Li, and most of his bad matchups became good ones for her. Not to mention she lands damage often. Iori got booted when I got RC balled to deat w/ no meter.

Sagat is one of Rugal’s worse nightmare’s… No way can Rugal play an effective footsies game with Sagat. Bison is a very matchup for various reasons. Blanka is not as a bad fight as the other two, I say it can go either way.

Heh… honestly… I played RUgal for well near two years. The matches I had the MOST trouble with were in this order
1.Blanka (slide, turtling, pokes, etc)
2. Chun Li (SBK, Crossup, Jabs, Pokes)
3.Bison
4. then Sagat.

Sagat was doable, in my opinion.

Too many people on this topic obsess with the idea of tiers. In all honesty, sometimes using a character very good that is considered crappy works well. Most people usually only whore moves with great damage and priority. As long as someone has enough skill and experience to get beyond that then the opponents entire strategy falls apart. Rugal is a balanced character. He can deal a great deal of damage and yet he can be punished if he screws up. Most people who bring up the topic of tiers right off the back have never even played the high level players of the lower tiers. I personally hate when people hop on one band wagon to the next. Some Jap made the tier system for the comp out there. Next thing we know almost every American sees this and only uses the high level players. They download vids and try to copy the tournament winners strats. They are basically a scrub version of that player. They never truly understand why that player spaces moves well, not so obvious setups. Most of the players also say “I don’t know why they consider him good, I can do that” they can do the motions, but don’t have the solid gameplay down. You know who you are people !!! It this game would be gay like * cough * Tekken 4 * cough * MVC2 * cough if people just played with 4 characters. If I seen 1 mediocre Jin I have seen them all.

In this case though, too many people just do random moves and hope they connect. Then they don’t like the character since he can be punished. I am not denying that I personally haven’t seen a Rugal player win any tournaments out where I am but who cares? It is a game, don’t rely on other people’s opinions. Just bring a lot of quarters if you get beasted !!!

he is a bad ass

HEY GOO TO SEE SOME PEOPLE THAT LIKE RUGAL ALSO HE IS MY FAVORITE GUY IN THE GAME BUT IN THE LAST YEAR I FOUND SO MANY DIRTY TRICKS WITH HIM IT’S SICK IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE READIND THIS P.M. ME AND WE CAN SHARE NOTES AND I HOPE I HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL COMBOS TO SHOW ANY OF MY RUGAL BROTHERS!!!

I fuck around with Rugal here and there, mainly in C groove. IMO, landing his dark smash (which is hard to do) can potentially with the round. Because after you hit with the dark smash, it sets up for several different crossups and what not. Like you walk forward a bit for an ambiguous crossup roll. You can walk forward and normal jump crossup for a nice crossup where its really random which side you land from your j MK. You can also go for the empty jump crossup. You can jump and dark smash again (if they do delay getup), you land. Some cool stuff to land Rugal a hit.

can you show me combos/setup for god/wall/hcb+P press (not the fury) ?
i can’t do it after cr lk-lp