Rugal Moveset and Attributes

Yeah, we’re sorry kcxj! But damn you DevilJin, you think you’d never roll at someone you have cornered?, when he’a a sweep away from you and he suddenly throws fireball at your notice? Hehehe… so you rather receive a guard crush then than rolling. The DUMBEST reaction is that when you counter a roll with another roll, thats soo noob! I don’t even think that DevilJin would even have 3 wins here in the Philippines, you’re just a scrub man, saying that you play “pefectly” and “in the tourney” (wow! Am I overwhelmed!) :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:

Uhmm… getting back to the topic, as I was saying, Rugal can actually connect a genocide heaven special after grabbing the opponent onto the corner. But the timing is too difficult, as I can’t do it all the time. The opponent should be almost hitting the ground and at the instance, you perform the super. And kcxj, I can now perform his “death juggle” you taught me before. T’was nice and not so difficult to do. Most of my fellow players here did’nt knew that a dark barrier on the corner can be safe to connect, and that a super can be linked afterso! Few ppl here plays Rugal for they found him too large and slow. Just wanna be a bit different so I use Rugal sometimes. So, what are other glitches of Rugal? :slight_smile:

BTW, I already deleted my posts… sorry again kcxj! Pls. continue with the thread… peace

I don’t think it’s very appropriate to say that a tactic should “never” be used, it really depends on how advanced you think your opponent is. (On a side note, Justin should NEVER have tried to cheese Daigo to death. :smiley: )

Ok, now that I’ve stopped contradicting myself, I think rolling at someone in the corner isn’t a very good option, compared to other stuff you have open to you. You can do a meaty, you can do dark smash, you can hop back if you think they’ll try a reversal. If they do happen to c mk xx fireball or something, it doesn’t matter if you block it or not unless you have no life left or something. Rolling is generally not the best option, in my experience.

umm, you can’t even cross someone up with a roll when they’re cornered, why would you ever roll =P

yeah rugal has way better corner options, rolling at someone who’s cornered is never a good idea, unless they’re down and you’re like guile or something and is just using the roll to travel so you can meaty them on wakeup or something

A Groove Rugal has some pretty damn poweful CC’s…especially when he activates after his crossup j. mk, cr lp, st hp, wall slam, activate, CC…freaking badass combo

but yea I like him in K the best…just because of his damage and his run…and JD is easier/safer than perry

if you’re gonna set up a combo that way, his c combo is infinitely better…easier combo and more damage

how fast is Rugals reppu ken compared to Geese and Rock

I think its way ass slower…AND it comes out behind him…not sure exactly but his lp one seems to come out alot slower than Geese’s

omg life! dun dun DUN!

uhh, the wiki died, but I uploaded the frame data there, but if I remember right, it actually comes out in way less frames than geese and rock’s, it’s just that it comes out behind him

the actual speed of the projectile is very slow, the hp one I think is a little slower than rock/geese’s mp one

Yo Bowser, can your wiki be pasted into a forum post? Nice work, btw ^^

Jesus that crap

@abhi
well, in almost all cases, all 3 versions are safe if not give frame advantage, he has kaiser wave for a fast traveling projectile, rc’ed hp repukens are a pretty reliable (though weak) poke

@laicram
I’ll post it somewhere if it would ever load, the wiki section here hasn’t loaded for me in months, and I don’t have a backup copy anywhere =(