Rose Moveset and Attributes

Discuss the character’s entire moveset here, including normal moves, special moves, super moves, and all the other miscellaneous stuff like focus attacks, ex moves, jumps, and throws.

Also list attributes such as dizzy count, lifebar points, character size and special hitbox properties.

Once a full movelist including frame data has been provided for the character, this post will be edited to include all of it, with proper credit to the guy who copied all that stuff from the Japanese guide or whatever.

I’ll update this post as all the info comes in so no one has to scan thru xx amount of pages for info.

Special Moves:

Soul Spark- HCF+P: Cancel to super or EX

Her fireball, stronger the stregnth the slower the start up and faster the speed.

EX properties- 2-hitter that will beat out normal fireballs, good start-up and recovery

Soul Reflect- QCB+P: Cancel to super or EX

Regular reflects CANNOT reflect EX fireballs and EX reflect CANNOT reflect a regular fireball.

LP version- Absorbs projectiles and gives you 49% of 1 stock, powers up soul spark

MP version- Reflects projectile straight forward.

HP version- Reflects projectiles upward 45 degrees.

• EX properties-* Can reflect EX fireballs

Soul Spiral- QCF+K: Cancel to super or EX, LK drill isn’t safe at close range. I programmed Rose to dash up, then c.lk x c.lpx2 x lk drill and go straight into block. With Ken I was able to srk on block easily. In fact, a well timed c.hk even hits. Since c.hk has 8 frames of startup according to the Ken forum, this means that at minimum an lk drill at close range is -8 on block.

EX properties- Goes through fireballs and normals, best wake up.

Soul Throw- DP+P:

Rose goes at a angle upward and tosses opponent to the ground.

• EX properties-* Seems to grab anything airborne.

Super/Ultra

Aura Soul Spark (super)- QCFx2 +P

Uses- Anti-air, combo into

Illusion Spark (Ultra)- QCFx2 +PPP

Rose extends her scarf, wrapping around the opponents forearms, then shocks the hell out of them for like 5 secs with her soul power.

Uses- Ultra is universal, meaning it can be used as anti-air, anti-fireball (must be close, punishment etc.)

Normals:
-Close Standing-

s.lp

s.mp

s.hp

s.lk

s.mk

s.rh- Great anti-air when opponent is above you, good hitbox it seems, I have beat headstomps with this.

-Standing-

-Crouching-

c.lp

c.mp

c.fp- Good anti-air, but really bad revcovery, best bet is to try to cancel into a fireball.

-Jumping-

-Special-

f+rh- Can be used as a far anti-air which knocks down and a good poke.

df+mk-

Soul Scarf (drill) is actually Soul Spiral and the ultra is Illusion Spark :smiley:
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/photo-m.phtml?post_key=118285&photo_key=77312

Also thanks!

Thanx alot, I was actually looking for that link.

So how safe is her ultra on block? I know that it’s one hit, but what’s the recovery like? And if I block that first hit and try to punish, will I still get caught in it, kinda like Ryu’s Tatsu?

Anyone who has played this are the reflects the same? Lp- absorb, mp- straight reflect, hp- 45 degree angle up reflect?

I haven’t played it but from what I’ve read/heard/seen you’re right. Also the EX version benefits from both a faster startup and the ability to reflex EX fireballs.

Has there been any indication that the Aura Soul Spark has reflect properties like the max level Alpha super?

from what I’ve seen it doesn’t have the ‘scarf twirl’ animation, she just points and fires. Says to me that its probably not a reflect…

also!

From rewatching the videos, it looks like the reflects become ‘increasingly slow’ as they go up in power. Absorb and mp reflect looked like they felt ‘right’ to the people playing. Fierce (upward), on the other hand had that significant delay and takes much better timing (altho doing it to gadoukens is hard in general).

~~

All 3 are pretty much unchnaged from Alpha.

Regular reflect also works on EX fireballs.

That’s great to hear. Does the EX reflect reflect straight?

Does the reflect bounce back multi hit fireballs (red and/or EX?)

Yup.

It’s been answered two posts up.

I think one of her best moves may be her EX Drill. It’s safe from what I tested, and from what either Magus or A_Rival showed, it goes through projectiles.

Question,
[media=youtube]rLVzvINq1gc&feature=channel_page[/media]

Can Rose duck sagat’s FA? (1:04-06) or is that a glitch?

Theoretical stuff: After a blocked Drill,EX spark, and super you can bait the ultra?
I also think if you FADC the EX spark in a combo (anywhere), you should be able to get the Ultra to combo?

I wasn’t sure if universally EX fireballs were multi hit. I am unfamiliar with the properties of all the projectiles, but seeing that Focus attacks can blow through blue fireballs (but not red?) I was still unsure.

Is the reflect out long enough to bounce back both of say… akuma’s 2 EX downward fireballs?

again not too familiar with which fireballs are single hit, multi hit, and 2 very quick back to back fireballs in 1 move

hmm, its funny that normal reflects work on ex fireballs. I’m taking it thats from your personal testing? The first things to come back said that the normal version generally ate 1 hit of the fireball, but got hit by the other…

An’ yeah, drill seems really excellent. Its apparently extremely safe even on the non-ex version, and if you hit you can combo into super.

Is her slide (df+mk) special or super cancellable?

Couple neat things in this [media=youtube]7entHbOduuk&feature=channel_page"[/media].

0:53 Rose Soul Throws Akuma out of his Hurricane Kick
5:50 Rose combos an AA FA into her Ultra

Man the Shamwow strikes again

“More priority than the president of the United States!”

It’s kinda easy to bait her ultra…it goes through everything.

Her EX ST eats up HKs, basically anything airborne.

Even other characters Ultra or Super projectiles?

From the limited amount of videos I have seen I have yet to see it lose to anything. It catches people out of the air on jump in’s, through fireballs, as they are spinning getting knocked down (I am assuming they are in a juggle state)

She appears to have very good invulnerability with it, and since its a move that once it connects I think you are guaranteed to land the full Ultra (like Akuma’s/Fuerte’s/Grab Ultra’s) if you land it… the hits that would normally be hitting you may get totally ignored (ultra/super hadokens and the like)

I could be wrong about this, but I don’t see an ultra hadoken being able to interupt her little shamwow animation once it starts. It doesn’t appear that the graphics engine for this ultra (or many of them for that matter) is even able to interupt it and return to regular play.

Might be the low resolution but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the EX Soul Throw. I did not notice any yellow flashiness coming from Rose. Normal ST > HK? I hope so!