Rolento Team Synergy

i’m running rolento/rufus here.

not too sure who to start first.

rolento first can set the pace of the match but I dont like Rufus as an anchor since he has to take risks and such to get in and hes not that great on holding a lead like rolento.

rolento last can play a runaway game while rufus can start first, go apeshit with the dive kicks into win. problem is that if you’re having a huge deficit, it can be really hard to mount a comeback.

i like the second order because its much easier to set the pace

I’m thinking about doing Rolento/Poison. Any thoughts on this?

hmm i am not sure on other things but it might be you are lacking damage wize since rolento does okay damage and i heard its the same with poison. also while rolento rekka easy to tag cancel from i think poison rekka is a lot harder to tag cancel.

rolento rufus is going to have a hard time against heavy pressure teams, so far when i play high level players my meter is going to getting out of pressure when I want to be saving it for getting big confirms off rufus. Ryu destroys rolento because its hard to do much pressure once he has a bar. Jab pressure is completely negated if he gets out off a dp regardless of if it hits or blocked.

rufus is also a really bad match up for rolento, I try and get my rufus in as sson as i can against them. Rolento’s aa cant do anything about divekick pressure. Any suggestions?

I think far st.HP / j.lp or mp should be able to help against rufus’s dive kick. He should mostly poke rufus until he finds an opening. idk about ryu vs rolento…I have the feeling that it’s even. far st.HP and cr.HP help a lot for rolento. Ryu also can’t jump on rolento as long as he’s not knockdown. I think at a footsie level, Rolento has an advantage but when he’s being pressured, it can be hard for him

I had so much difficulties trying to find a 2nd character for rolento…At 1st I tried Rolento/Raven but it felt so…weird (but maybe that’s just me not being able to fully understand tekken characters…yet) then I tried Rolento/Kazuya but I didn’t like it at all (I was thinking a mixture of poking while having a character that does some high and low could be good…wrong). After that I’ve tried Rolento/Cammy and I don’t see them being together at all now. Recently I’ve been rocking rolento/Juri and I think I’ve found my team. Their combos goes great together (not much damage sometimes but gems can cover this). If rolento can’t handle the pressure, Juri can sure do / escape it in an easier way than Rolento. Juri can also build good meter for Rolento and she can do a lot of damage alone

Rolento really feels like an outlier character. He’s very strong as a character, but kind of terrible as a teammate for anything other than being a battery and easy cross rush tags His combos scale the damage too much to have any truly useful meter switching combos, and he doesn’t offer much of anything when being tagged in compared to most of the cast.

My original team was Rolento/King for a few reasons, but I am heavily leaning towards Ken/King since they just compliment each other a bit more. Still looking for someone who actually works well with Rolento, or if the team he’s on should just be considered “two characters working independently” for the most part.

Rolento/heihachi

I literally always have meter. Rolento on point is perfect, you can get in and dance circles around them then cross cancel in heihachi for great damage especially with a super.

So rolento to get in and establish yourself as offensive and then bring in heihachi to powerhouse through them.

One thing I’ve been noticing is to many people aren’t even utilising rolento, must use all of his specials and because of his super mix up game and safe jumps you have to literally run a constant rush down on them.

I am the alrighty Bison!

It took me a while to figure out this combination. In fact, I started out with Heihachi - grew to appreciate Rolento (while looking for a suitable partner for Heihachi). You’re right - I find that I almost always have meter rolling. The synergy seems to work out pretty well. And I’m going to have to agree with Nevermore too - definitely an outlier character. When it comes to teams, it’s really difficult to find a character that just functions with Rolento. I do find that even with Heihachi (or any other character I’ve attempted), it still takes a certain kind of forcefulness to it. lol.

I kind of want to use rolento as a battery for Steve on a backup team type thing. I know Rolento is primarily a semi-independent entity because of scaling, but I think steve is decent enough on his own with meter, plus he can do decent damage out of a tagin. What say you all?

I completely agree with you man. Even though Rolento is an amazing battery and it’s easy to get some good combos or tag ins with him he is really just someone that won’t let your team be a real tag team. This doesn’t mean i don’t like him and i think he’s gonna scale off compared to another team. I fixed this problem by simply changing my 2nd character to Kazuya. He’s a character that does great damage with or without meter and he doesn’t heavily rely on any tag ins from Rolento. Of course there are basic combos that they can both do with eachother but i think this is the best way to have Rolento in a team.

I’m beginning to have 2nd thoughts on Rolento now as well. Teamed with Zangief, there’s not a lot either way for tag in madness. I fight a Ken/Kazuya and they go to town with nice fluidity.
Me, poke, slide.

What kind of tag combos are you doing? Any time you do cr mk into PC you could have chained cr mk into st hp launch. Off of Zangief I am not sure what you would do but maybe switch canceling combos that end in lariat might lead to something.

My buddy runs rolento/kazuya and to be honest its scary, I can beat him when he uses them separately, kazuya/someone or rolento/someone but he just wrecks house when they are together

Well when Rolento is coming in, its typically something like st lp, cr mk, cr hk.
When bringing Gief in, he doesn’t have many options, best is st mp, st mp, st mk, st hk.
I think its just neither has a lot of wow factor for tag ins.
Sometimes I tag cancel after the 3rd patriot. Lately to save bar in the corner ill do launcher after 3rd patriot just for the free safe tag.
I can easily say at least 60%+ of the time I die, it’s while controlling Rolento. And Zangief every often over 50% health.

Here’s something useful I’ve been playing around with for a while.
If you tag cancel out of the SECOND rep of a PC, you can start a full GROUND combo with the partner, which adds a lot more damage than a simple air juggle in most cases.
Here’s an example, skip over to 2:10 and watch the combo that follows :slight_smile:
[media=youtube]WK6wpzM7ov8[/media]

Ack, my timing on cancelling that second rep of PC is woeful atm, wanted to try extending it with an cr.lp xx EX-Monster Lariat from Hugo, and recancel-tag into a full j.hk, s.hk, cr.mk xx mp.PCx3, s.hk, s.hk, cr.mk xx mp.PCx3 (for 3 bar flash value only ofc).

Did manage a nice looking 666 dmg 3-bar one starting with Hugo.
down+j.hp, cr.mp xx ex-Clap, cr.mp xx ex-Monster Lariat, cancel-tag, j.hk, s.hk, cr.mk xx mp.PCx3, s.hk, s.hk, cr.mk xx mp.PCx3

Ah well back to the training room o/

Rolento/King Anyone ?

Rolento/Paul. Anything there?

How about Rolento/Guy? I’m thinking the mobility will give people headaches…