Rolento Combo Thread - One Army to Rule Them All

Combos to be posted here, will save a few posts for potential CH etc setups/combos.

Staple Combos

cr.:mk:-> Patriot Circle -> cr.:hk: (can begin combo with 2-3 cr.:lp: at start depending on distance. Any version of Patriot Circle can be used, but :hp: is best cause it will allow you to use more normals to extend the combo and still link.) ~ 240dmg.

Meterless Punish (Credit goes to Dafeetlee of NYC)

st.:hk: cr.:mk: -> :hp: Patriot Circle -> Walk forward one step -> st.:mk: cr.:hk: (link like target combo)

1 Bar Punishes

st.:hp: -> EX Patriot Circle -> Walk Forward one step -> st.:hk: cr.:hk:

3 Bar Punishes

st.:hp: -> EX Patriot Circle -> Walk Forward one step -> st.:hp: xx :qcf::3p: (Super)

Corner

after a Patriot Circle ending combo, :hk:, :hk:, chain cr.:mk:cr.:hk:

2 Bars + Corner: Combo into Patriot Circle, :hk:, :hk:, cr.:mk: xx [SIZE=3]:qcf::3p: (Super)[/SIZE]

2 Bars + Corner: :hp: xx EX Patriot Circle xx Tag Cancel

You can also swap out cr.:mk:cr.:hk: for cr.:mk: xx Patriot Circle for two follow ups, building more meter.

Data values including damage and further combos will be added once I get out of this crappy class. @@;

Jump in Combos

:qcb: + :2k: (wall jump) j.:mk: cr.:mk: xx Patriot Circle cr.:hk: ~ 345 (one meter)

:qcb: + :2k: (wall jump) j.:mk: st.:hp: xx EX Patriot Circle st.:hk: cr.:hk: (two meter)

Corner Only Full Meter Jump in Combo(574 dmg):

j.:hp:, cr.:hp:, cr.:mk:, EX Patriot , st.:hk:, st :hk:, cr. :mk: xxx Super.

Side trival note but aren’t supers performed in this game like this :qcf::3p:(Super) ?

#3 Reserved

corner juggle after patriot circles

meterless:
:hk:, :hk:, chain cr.:mk:cr.:hk:

2 bars:
:hk:, :hk:, cr.:mk: xxx super

:hp: xxx ex patriot xxx tag cancel

Corner Only Full Meter Jump in Combo(574 dmg):

j.:hp:, cr.:hp:, cr.:mk:, EX Patriot , st.:hk:, st :hk:, cr. :mk: xxx Super.

Mid screen two bar (damage varies depending on how much of super actually connects):

j HP, st HP xx Patriot, (walk forward a tad and wait for them to be as low as possible) st LP xx Super

This may be character SPECIFIC. Works on Vega (max is 510) and Hugo (469 or a really low s LP xx Super will net 481 max) thus far and doesn’t seem to work on Ryu at all as the last bit doesn’t hit. How/when the multiple hits of the patriot hit the enemies juggling hitbox makes this combo seem very character specific. Might be worth it only for a handful of characters? I can’t get the super to work nearly as much when I skip the walk forward/LP. I guess you can basically add st LP xx Super on to the end of any patriot. Maybe more practical ways to add super onto the end of Patriot can be devised, but damage scaling really hurts this as seen below:

Doing the staple crossover MK into 3 LPs into c MK xx Patriot with the s LP xx Super does really weak damage (326) on Vega and worse (300) on Hugo.

Just made this, should come in handy as a good early combo vid, I included easy combos before the harder link ones: [media=youtube]UqSzhBzKyWo[/media]

iirc Vega always had a bigger than normal hitbox, so it’s possible that combo just works on bigger characters like Abel/Sagat etc.

Yeah that is most likely right. Possibly a go to option in certain cases for those characters that we figure out have the longer/wider hitboxes.

Trying to connect a j.MP, cr.MP, cr.LP, cr.MKxx Rekkas into ender. I’m finding that the cr.lp pushes them too far to connect to the cr.MK so i tend just go cr.MP, cr.MKxxRekkas. Anyone good with execution give me some suggestions?

what’s the trick with 3 patriot rekkas? I do rekkas int the corner then 2x s.HK in the corner but only the 1st set of rekkas juggles after c.mk.

Has to be MP rekkas.

Anyone figure out some decent Pandora combos (just for shits and giggles I guess)? EX PC is really good for setting up Pandora supers but I can’t seem to get that much damage off of it, even with Power Gems. I think I barely scraped 570 last time I tried using Hugo + Power Gems, but then again I didn’t try very hard lol.

You can combo HK from c.LP making combos like (jump in) c.LP, HK, c.MK xx Rekka, LP,c.HK do a solid chunk of damage off of a c.LP

What are you guys doing with Rolento once tagged in of of LMHH?

Naked Patriot Circle doesnt connect, but Ive noticed you can link it in if you get a St.Lp in first. Is that the best option? Or is there a more damaging ending combo off the magic series?

I use MK, c.MK, xx MP Pat x1, or MK, c.MK>c.HK

Im having trouble landing an ultra after 3 rekkas in mid screen, corners are no problem. But the mid screen is troublesome. i have gotten it sometimes but others i feel like i just dont know. is it just a really tight frame link or what?

Move one step forward then st.lpxxSA
That’s how I do it

I actually think this is character dependant. On the characters with bigger hitboxes like vega/balrog/sagat/etc I hit this every time. On shotos like ken and ryu I never connect, and some others like guile I will get a few hits but the ending (and most damaging part) will whiff.