Robert Trial mode help (noobie)

I have recently purchased KOFXIII via steam for the first time, still trying to learn the mechanics of the game, so i decided to tackle the mission mode to get down some of the timing for combos (as i’ve done for SSF4 AE as well) . I tried Robert out and he’s beginning to grow on me but I am having some trouble with his trial mode, more specifically trial #6.
The last three moves request me to do a DP, QCF lp, then FHCF lp, but after the DP, I cancel into the FHCF lp (Super) everytime. Any tips on how to get the QCF cancel instead of the Super? (is trial mode even worth doing for practice?)

Trials are generally not really useful to do in a real fight. They usually consume too much meter and do less damage than a simpler combo with the same amount of meter.

That said though, if you can do 10 trials with Robert you sure as hell can do his bnb combos. So personally I would say they are ok for practice.

If you get the other super than you are doing a wrong input. You have to press back,down,forward + punch immediately after your fireball.

I don’t mean to use the exact same combos in the trial’s in a real fight, it is just to get me familiarized on what moves can combo into each other.I think the problem is that for Robert’s trial number 6, when i do the DP motion the forward motion is stored in the input memory so when i go for the second move (QCF lp) the game recognizes it as a super because theirs two down forward motions in the input memory.

Oh, you have problems canceling from his dp into a fireball? I misread, sorry!

In that case the only way you get the super is if you accidentaly go back,down,forward lp instead of just down,foward,lp.

Clean up your execution, somehow you’re getting a half circle forward instead of just doing qcf for the fireball.