Rhythm of the Earth - Elena Gem Thread

Well, with the 25th anniversary tournament series allowing the use of gems (within certain rules), and gems overall becoming easier to use (with preparation), what gems does everyone think benefit Elena the most?

As a point/mixup character, I think a use of Fortitude, and Meter Building Gems might benefit Elena greatly, but what do the other players here think?

Yeah I agree, meter gems & anything that reduces damage or restores health. Elena is a boss but if she gets hit you feel it.

I’ll post my gem selection next time I boot up my ps3

Been messing around with gems, mostly been doing 2 Meter Gems (on launch, and when 3 special attacks hit) and 1 Power Gem (3 Special Attacks)<br><br>Lately, been pondering the value of using say… full meter gems as Elena’s power is pretty decent, but is more about the mix up. Also been considering speed gems as Elena’s front walk speed could be better.<br>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>If I have her on point and can only use the default settings, what gem set do you recommend? My partner is Christie, if that matters.</span></font>

Hmm - remind me again what’s Christie’s general gameplan - I’ve hardly touched the character.<br>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/17178/Gemakai">Gemakai</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Hmm - remind me again what’s Christie’s general gameplan - I’ve hardly touched the character.<br></div>
</blockquote>

I try to abuse Christie’s knockdown game. She doesn’t get much damage off of overheads (except for F+HK > HK TC) but her left right mixups+ safe jumps seem pretty good. VH might be more helpful with Christie’s gameplan though.<br>

<blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/77455/KitL19">KitL19</a> wrote: <a href="/discussion/comment/7995965#Comment_7995965" class=“QuoteLink”><span class=“ArrowLink”>»</span></a></div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Gemakai said:<br /><br>
Hmm - remind me again what’s Christie’s general gameplan - I’ve hardly touched the character.<br /><br>
<br /><br>
<br /><br>
<br /><br>
I try to abuse Christie’s knockdown game. She doesn’t get much damage off of overheads (except for F+HK > HK TC) but her left right mixups+ safe jumps seem pretty good. VH might be more helpful with Christie’s gameplan though.</div>
</blockquote>
Yeah. That’s about right.

Hmm… can’t really give a recommendation off that. Does Christie benefit from getting a lot of meter? Is she more a damage dealing character?<br>