Reversals against Hugo?

What works as a good reversal against Hugo and his kick/clap thing he does? Or, really, what works as a good reversal in general?

Alpha counter.

EX Slaughter Hook

Roll, EX Slaughter Hook is great as well.

Dorya!

When did this EX Slaughter hook stuff start…?

its just early tech. ex slaughter hook has 1 hit armor and if it connects, it allows you to follow through with a damaging punish. if it whiffs, u get punished. i throw this out sparingly since you can get punished for it, but it makes your opponents respect your wakeup.

I didn’t realize it had armor. Guess it makes a bit more sense now.

yeah and his ex devastator has armor until it hits but can leave you wide open if u use it wrong since the attack makes u lunge forward

Aah.

I never use Slaughter Hook EX outside of combos and I’ve literally never used EX Devastator, so I had no idea.

start using them, it could very likely give you a comeback victory.

I did start using EX Slaughter Hook, surprised by how good it is.

This is where Kazuya shows his true power.

Hold down back to block the kick low. Immediately mist step from the crouching position to duck under the clap (counts as a reversal)

This means you can get 4/5 EWGF’s depending on range but you have to time your mist step correctly. Do it too early and you’ll be hit by Hugo’s cr.lk. too late and you’ll get clapped.

Hit up training and record Hugo doing this cr.lk xx clap “loop” and practice the timing

It’s strange going from blocking down back to mist step but obviously well worth it.
The second video shows down back blocking into an ewgf which beats Hugo’s clap (also beats his ex clap)

[media=youtube]QSRL5BEaUdA[/media]

[media=youtube]7knhFGn4IqU[/media]

Funny, I call this the curly input (because it looks like my pigs tail in my mind) and it was the very first type of EWGF I managed to do, haha. Weird how that works out.