Return of the hot tamale train: SYTYCD Season 8 thread

I wish I could find a good streaming site for this show because I always miss it.

So, Vegas happened, and it went about as expected. Only one real piece of drama during group competition, and it wasn’t even a big deal, but they kept showing it over and over again. If I had to see a clip of that one chick whining “Why does this always seem to happen to me?” one more time, I was gonna punch my cat. Looking forward to the real competition though, I’m ready to get to know some names and find my horse (as well as the “girl dancer I wanna bang hard”).

Finally caught up somewhat. That Lil O guy and the one with the baby on the way are top contenders in the amateur bracket.

As for sexpots the redhead Latin dancer with those beautiful bright blue eyes Kristen. <3

There’s going to be some amazing people this season.

The one with the baby is gone…DC…he got offered a sopt at Debbie Allen’s school though…

So tonight was a strong fucking top 20. Probably the strongest top 20 ever on the show. Me and my wife had a hard time picking the bottom three…the level of performance was soooo high.

My 3 week recap:

First off, the top 20:

Lil O not making it in was travesty, maybe they were worried about having 2 diminutive male dancers or worrying about how he’d handle lifts and other BS, but seeing how he sailed it through everything they threw at him and had superb solos, kicking him out was a disgrace. Even he was shocked that he didn’t make it.

Week 1: I can see why it was a tough decision for them, but this saving grace ended up blowing up in their faces big time.

Week 2: Sucked to see Wadi go, but it was clear his heart wasn’t in it, probably because he felt that he let Missy down (their body language seem to hint at an attraction but w/e). However they should’ve extended the bottom 3 to at least a bottom 4 to save the actually talented dancers that deserved to stay.

I’m not a fan of Nick (who had a terrific and engaging solo) or Iveta (respected her persistence and talent) but they deserved to stay. Ricky knocked it out of the park so I’m not miffed about him staying, he definitely took the phrase “Dancing for Your Life” literally. By at least extending it to a bottom 4 it would’ve evened it out IMO.

Which leads me to the final point- The overwhelming amount of contemporary dancers. It’s really dragging down this season for me. Normally the diversity is maintained but there are so many and we’re already out of a bboy, a tapper, and a ballroom/tango dancer. Other than the uppity Broadway dude, Jordan Cassanova and “Woo Man” there aren’t really that many genuinely out-going dancers left. Just technicians who can dance well and smile. (Ryan and that other one with Broadway dude)

Now for the superficial:

Jordan Cassanova, me likey, me likey a lot. Let’s just say I’m sure her Mexi-dad has his arms folded with a stone face during her routines…

My gf watches this (dead serious, she’s the dancer not me). I dunno which season it was (it was recent) but a black guy won the whole thing. There was a Latina contestant with some Chun Li’s that I’d love to bury my face in-between.

Probably Season 4 with Justin, the hip hopper.

^ Did some Google-fu, I’m talking about Karen Hauer
[media=youtube]yGm4CY5TKo0[/media]