Resetting the ground bounce limit in UMVC3

I don’t know if this was discovered before but I’ve found a way to reset the ground bounce limit with Ammy in UMVC3. The old way of using Glaive Chop seems to not work anymore since the change of making Glaive Chop do a hard knockdown instead of ground bounce if the sword doesn’t touch the floor.

Her f + H x4 chain in glaive does an extremely low ground bounce on the last hit. But if you manage to keep the opponent in the air with an assist when the last f + H hits, then the ground bounce limit is reset.

Here is a combo that has 3 ground bounces. Excuse the shit quality. Combo inputs in the description. Right after the 3rd ground bounce you can actually weapon change, land then EITHER S, tk.Okami Shuffle OR lvl3, but the timing is tight and not worth it to me. I end it with a weapon change in order to keep safe since the last glaive dive will otg but the opponent will recover immediately and glaive dive has a terrible recovery.

[media=youtube]P2Ot4fW52GU[/media]

This isn’t an optimal combo at all, but I’m sure someone will be able to use this to create a better combo.

This resetting is also handy when you manage to bait someone with a j.[H] since that first hit already uses up the ground bounce. Something simple like j.[H], f + Hx4 while calling assist, S, j.M, j.M, j.S, df + H, qcf + S, Okami Shuffle does around 550k+. You could also do something like j.[H], qcf + [L], f + Hx4 etc but it’ll only work mid screen.

My good friend, this did not require its own thread, there is a general discussion thread for a reason, had you used that thread you woulda been told that this had already been discovered and as such did not require its own thread. Not trying to be a dick, Im just tired of all these unnecessary threads taking up space.

This is some good info. Nice find.