"Remember what we used to say? JACKPOT!" The Vergil Team Building Thread

I’m thinking of running Taskmaster as a battery for Team Vergil. Do you guys think that’s a wise decision? Or is Taskmaster looking pretty grim with the hitstun deterioration? If he still can build meter well, I can see him working great with Vergil. Still thinking about Trish, Doom, and Firebrand though. I originally liked Nova, but he seems a little simplistic. Need someone with decent health though, haha.

A lot depends on how much more useful Vergil’s assists are when he’s DTed up. Vergil strikes me as a character who might be more useful to some teams when he’s off the screen, with assist abuse and constant access to a safe DHC that can lead to instant mixups.

Like, for Team DMC, you could potentially run it a couple of ways to take advantage of this. You could run Trish/Vergil/Dante or Dante/Vergil/Trish. With either setup, you get three meters and DHC Vergil into the anchor spot with DT active. So with the first setup, you’d do Trish Round Harvest, DHC to Vergil DT, then DHC again to Dante DT. Done quickly enough, you should cycle Vergil into the anchor spot and get Dante out there before Round Harvest travels very far, which also gives you an opportunity to teleport and potentially create a cross up with the Round Harvest. The second setup would be similar, though I’m thinking I would probably want to use Million Dollars to start the DHC instead of DT for Dante, the idea here being that I want to keep Dante un-DTed so I can still have the safe DHC available if things go south with Trish.

Either way, the point of this setup would be to have Vergil’s DT assists available for the team and also to allow Trish and Dante to build up meter for him at the same time. That way, if he comes in as the last character, he’ll have a full DT available, along with hopefully a large amount of meter to supplement his self-generated mix ups using Spiral Swords and its variations.

I am probably going to run Wesker (Samurai Edge), Vergil (Rapid Slash), Dormammu (Dark Hole) on Day 1. Still deciding on the order and maybe substitute Wesker out but that’s my plan so far.

The Dark Hole assist can be insanely good for mixups once you learn the spacing and is easy to hit confirm off with Wesker and Vergil (assuming that a stinger into the opponent getting hit by the dark hole into whatever would work). Wesker builds the meter, Vergil kills the characters with 'em, Dormammu is there to mop up is my mentality basically. I see some DHC potential with Wesker’s Phantom Dance into either Devil Trigger/Spiral Swords for mixups or Dimension Slash for maximum damage. Dimension Slash into Chaotic Flame could possibly work as well or even Stalking Flare.

Any thoughts? Maybe I just like teleporters…

Just a FYI: Vergil and Dormammu have good matching costumes too! Nero Vergil + Blue/Red Dormammu. Aesthetics…but, hey, I just S-Ranked every mission on DMD mode in DMC4 today (literally no joke, I also finally beat Hell and Hell) so I guess I am feeling that “Nero” Devil Trigger he has with that alternate.

How do you guys think my Team of Viewtiful Joe, Rocket Raccoon & Vergil will do?
Do you think Vergil can capatilize off of Viewtiful Joe’s Slow-Mo Super with Vergils Speed and teleports?
I am worried though. I don’t Think My team Has Assist’s To back vergil up though. I do plan on using Rockets Log Trap Assist Which will Might help as a slight anti-air and I could definitly confirm a combo if it Hit’s. I could call rocket out and Teleport at the same time and try to catch my opponent blocking the wrong way.
I do plan on using Vergil as my anchor, Would that be a wise idea?

First team I plan on putting in the lab is def gonna be Dante (Jam Session/Weasel Shot), Vergil (Judgement Cut), Nova (Centurian Arts overhead). Dante being my best character currently should be able to use Vergil’s assist effectively to mix up/ combo extensions if it works like Dorm’s dark hole. Hopefully Dante can take the first char easily, build meter and combo (atleast 600K in Ultimate) the next char-> DHC into Vergil DT. A DT Vergil with his already increased speed and teleports should wreck shop with Nova’s overhead. Blocked string> Call Nova> Medium teleport behind> Cr. L + Nova overhead= high/low/left/right unblockable? Also everyone has safe DHC options no matter the order. A good zoner will of course be a problem without a good projectile or projectile assist but if push comes to shove hopefully Nova’s mobility + aegis+ Judgement cut and/ or jam sessions screen control can power through. If nothing else human rocket super through and DHC to one of the Sparda brothers

Vergil will easily be the best anchor for the team. Long as he has at least 2 meters + XF he shouldn’t really need assists. His charged round trip special move is basically his own assist that tracks the opponent any ways. Especially when combined with sword super and devil trigger for self left/rights all day. Rocket Raccoon seems like a character that’s better 1st or 2nd with assists backing (doesn’t look like the type that’s going to Dark Wesker come back on a team). Viewtiful Joe is only really good as point IMO so he might as well go first especially since his assists are borderline garbage and won’t scare any of the top tier assists or projectiles. Log trap assist and any of vergil’s assists should help out Viewtiful Joe’s point game with the air dashes and voomerangs. Voomerangs + log trap sounds pretty annoying and could clear a nice path for you to get in. Especially with a judgement cut assist with Vergil also.

Viewtiful Joe/Rocket Raccoon/Vergil sounds like a good order.

Be aware that players only need to block away from your point character’s present location. So left-right mixups are either about your point character being in an ambigious position above or below them right before the hit, or you have 2 or more choices of very fast movement specials that may be difficult to react to. And since in this game you don’t have proximity blocking, I don’t believe any kind of left-right unblockables are possible. If you’re willing to guess you should always have a chance.

High-low of course can be proper unblockables, though they usually end up as “hard-to-blockables” since it can be hard to time it perfectly.

Vergil/Dante/Nemesis. Dante for Jam Session AAA, Nemesis for Launcher Slam OTG combo extensions

So you would Recommend the Judgement cut assist?

Yeah I think it’ll be the best bet. It puts a hit box on the screen that you can hit confirm off of without putting Vergil’s body out there. I hear rapid slash assist is pretty vulnerable and not quite Akuma tatsu as far as priority is concerned. Rocket’s log trap assist is gonna be crazy because it’s basically a hsien ko pendulum that’s a bit smaller in hit area, but completely faster to start up and the Rocket Raccoon will be hard to punish seeing he’s just this little hit box hiding under the log

Well Honestly I was thinking the rapid Slash would make a great assist since Im gonna be Doing a lot of AirDash Voomerangs, and those put the opponent into a slight blockstring Which could Make the Rapid slash Somewhat safe.

Yeah it definitely wouldn’t be bad…I was just worried about Vergil’s own being if it’s called at a non perfect time. It looks like it’s really fast though so you probably won’t be going wrong there.

I totally Get what your saying though. Ill just have to test his different assists.

Also Rocket Raccoon’s Burrow + Rapid slash = Tricky Situation

True, I can definitely see some shenanigans with the range rapid slash covers + burrow. Especially with the L and M burrows are basically standard screen travel ports.

Do you think Vergil will be able to abuse The slow-Mo from Viewtiful joe?

In what way? If he’s anchor you would have to like raw tag Vergil in after the slow mo yeah?

Well This will Sound Silly, (im giving away A big part of my stratagy right now) but usually after using viewtiful godhand I immediatly Raw Tag. The reason being is the fact that its a overhead. usually people get nervous and block Low. And Once the overhead connects Ill have enough time to follow up with an attack.

Im sure Vergil will be able to do some goofy things after that. Maybe he can loop rapid slash or judgement cut I know for sure he will be able to get extended combos. And Vergil is looking to be one of the meanest anchors in the game so I like that team.

mabey I can Possibly Do:
M, H, S, H, S, SuperJump Helm Breaker, High Time, Teleport Down, SuperJump, Helm Breaker, High Time, Teleport Down, SuperJump, Helm Breaker, High Time, Dimension Slash.
Just an idea. I definitly gotta Test all my ideas. lol!

Wanted some advice on my team idea if you’re up to it Deviljin. I’m thinking Taskmaster for battery, Vergil as Anchor, but kind of torn for my second spot. I assume his arrows will cover Vergil’s teleport’s well, probably not as well as Doom’s laser, but it’ll still be sufficient.

As for my last character, I’m thinking: Trish, Firebrand, Doom, or Ghost Rider. Who would you recommend most, and why?