Red Pantie Addict Anonymous: Sakura General Discussion!

Fuck, it’s so frustrating to get zoned out as Sakura. It makes me the most frustrated I’ve ever been playing this game, seriously. Saks is cool tho…

theres only a few matchups I cant stand as sak, and being zoned is the main reason why -_-

I came to this realization when playing a 3 bar online match with someone from SRK and they were using Guile it was very frustrating for even when I did eventually get in to apply pressure I could not get my links going, do to lag it made me crazy mad.

Also I thought I’d put this here a put together a Sakura Custom just wanted to see what the Sak communtiy thinks http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=115479&page=514 it’s at the very bottom of the page.

Since this is an everything thread I’d like to come out and say I have finals retardation. 34 times I’ve been runner up with only 6 wins in G2. I’m like the Atlanta braves of Sakura. I don’t know why. I often beat real tough competition to even make it to the finals and then instead of being hungry and going for the final like I did every match leading up to it, I become retarded.

nice artwork on the stick!

and yeah that is frustrating man… lol @ the braves analogy

Lakers baby!

booo go Bulls!!!

hmm i had the worst sakura day yesterday… i kept losing all the time and when i was winning the doorbell rings!! gahh lol

When I read that last night, I was going to quote you and say the same thing…I didn’t have an analogy for it, but the same thing usually happens to me. I can go against a really good player in the build up, but then lose to someone really bad in the final :3

Apart from today, which has been quite good, I’ve won four out of the five finals I’ve been in!

The last one was close and I didn’t really mind losing since I was only 9GP away from 6000 and I just wanted to get as far as semis and be done for the day so I could stop. But I didn’t want to lose to a flowchart Ken in the semis, so I went to the finals against quite a good Ryu, which was quite close :slight_smile:

I just checked my championship records and out and I’ve won just over a third of them, which was a nice suprise. (12w 20l)

had fun in our online tourney last night, got to play 2 saks in tourney. My mixup game is getting better, but in the losers semi I choked out pretty bad against a ryu. Frustrating stuff :frowning:

Hey Blue, we need to get some matches in. I’ll send you a FR today when I get off work. Just remember I am a Sakura and SF newb!

sounds good, we can get some games in. Just know I’m really not very good IMO, I have a lot of big flaws so I dont’ want to disappoint you ;_;

LOL! I wasn’t kidding in my previous post. I was an MK nerd before SFIV. The last SF game I played before was EX2 plus Alpha and Alpha 3. :shake:

How much did you guys have to practice the Ex Tatsu >> Dash >> Ultra? I cannot do that at all. I’ve spent about 1hr after work a day for the past week trying to nail it and I’ve gotten it maybe twice.

I still can’t do it.

I’m a tekken player btw lol sf4 is the first sf i’ve played for more than like 2 hours total lol

woot woot… just hit g-1!!!

Thats me too man played Tekken for a decade then when Remix came out I stopped playing DR and switched to 2d and then when I found out about T6 not coming to console I was real hurt so I said fuckem now I love SF and the community.

As far as hitting Ex Tatsu >> Dash >> Ultra I had some problems at first but I had a good friend who’s amazin and he just told me I needed to slow it down so I did and then it was too slow for a while until I kept getting faster without compromising execution and now I hit it 95% offline less online depending on lag.

honestly, I dont use ex tatsu > dash > ultra hardly ever. It leaves you a bit disadvantaged on wake up, and I’d rather go for a reset/mixup 95% of the time unless i’m POSITIVE i can kill the opponent with the ultra.

But it’s sooooo flashy at the end of a long combo too bad say good bye to doing any damage on top of leaving you at that disadvantage.

What I do is :r::hcb::qcb:, and doing the motion right after Sakura fully extends her leg from the last tatsu kick.

But no, I can’t execute it perfectly either. Haha…I’ll usually execute my Ultra the other way since I don’t have time to practice the dash >> Ultra.

I was going to say that your post gave me good luck. I was…In a small 1-1/2 hour sessions yesterday I won 4 tournaments and was runner up in 3. Got a good chunk of GP in a small time only to get…yup…wait for it…"the last championship match did not conclude properly, you must start from the beginning"
RASS 'OL RASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

you gotta do the trick everytime. Before you fight anyone going into ranking mode, watch a new replay, vote at least once in it, exit, then go on with your gaming session. I have NEVER had that message happen to me since I’ve done that.