Red Focus

It’s impossible to really predict, but how do you think the Red Focus game mechanic will alter Honda’s matchups?

Well I know this…bye bye fei long.

This shit better cost a buch of meters because it will blow up c.jab HHS.

c. Jabx hhs is multiple hits really fast, does level 2 stun? because it might be pretty bad people will start predicting but we have ochio, headbutt and fadcxbackdash on reaction really easily.

Will suck for walk up hands pressure but on the bright side iff you sniff it out with 2 bars you should be able to fadc back and st hk when they whiff.

I think it will be good if you sniff out a jump in especially against divekicks I would have to play with it to really see where its useful for sure though.

Even better, you can FADC forward and then U2, you can catch them while releasing the focus.

Also, if he have meter you can throw some lps to bait the red focus and make them waste two precious bars for nothing.

Can you kill someone if he focus without enough hp? The multiple hits of hhs will do a lot of temporal damage so trying to focus hhs can be suicide.

On the honda side of things, ¿what do you think are going to be good uses of RF or RFADC? I can’t think anything worth wasting four meters.

No one knows what thing would cost (if any) thats the problem. If it was 2 meters it would quite fine but imagine if it was free or something stupid shit like that…

I probably won’t use red focus that often.
Maybe to punish Akuma’s air ex fireball, or red focusing Vega’s ex barcelona dive (Honda’s focus hurtboxes makes it almost impossible for Vega to get Izuna drop out).

Btw, what will happen if someone red focuses your cr.jab xx hhs, but you decide to do the extended version of hands?
Can you eventually hit them out of it at the very last part of red focus?

Hands will probably beat red focus.

HHS is too fast. Your opponent won’t be able to reach red. That’s my guess.

i dont get it wouldnt it just get absorbed and then you get hit? would be funny if you recovered in time and then you nj fierce him

Red focus costing 2 meter and Honda having headbutt as an armor breaker should be a red focus deterrent. But pressuring with hands and getting blown up for it is not cool. I hope that at least gray damage still kills so they can’t just red focus with no life left.

It’s worth mentioning, you build more meter with hands than the other guy does blocking them. By the time he can red focus you’d long since have been able to FADC to save yourself from an uh-oh. Of course, that only directly applies in a vacuum ignoring the rest of the match and meter gain/usage, but whatever. It’s not like we can’t hit confirm jab xx hands in time to get out of the way of stuff.