Red Focus and Ultra Combo Double. Does it help or Hurt Dan's game?

I think Ultra Combo Double is useless for Dan.
Red Focus could be useful to get him in but the cost of meter might be to high.

As for how it would effect match ups against him. T.hawk and Zangief will be even more scarier now.

Red focus doesn’t affect Dan because dankus break armor. He needs meter more for footsies and fadc. Having both ultras for Dan helps him, but yeah grappled matches are gonna be worse since chief, batman and hawk all have grab and AA ultras. Akuma is going to get uncontested teleportation because you won’t be able to punish teleport recovery, to a minor degree SIM too.

Ultra Combo Double means you can always have an option to get through fireballs, which Dan is sorely lacking if you take U2, but if the damage is poor why would anyone be scared of it? I guess red focus would universally help characters like Dan who have trouble versus projectiles (i.e. using red focus dash to get through EX fireballs) but it seems pretty expensive especially given that you can’t really react to many of the EX projectiles in the game. Like nickdekline says, Dan’s going to be more worried about other characters taking both ultras.

There has been a idea floating around that Red Focus uses Ultra meter. I dont know if this is just talk turned to rumor. But i like the idea. I solely use U1 dont see the point of adding U2 if the damage is even lower that it is now.

someone posted this with the 66% damage

with scaling probably not worth it

Red focus doesn’t really concern Dan both ways afaik. Double Ultra does very little for Dan but turns some of the matchups into nightmares.