Recording direct feed from arcade cabinets

Hi ive been searching the net and looking for ways to record direct feed from arcade cabinets, with crowd noise.

I was wondering if anybody knew exactly what i need to do and the cheapest way to do it. I have a fair idea myself but not really sure the best way or the cheapest way to do it.

I found this

It does exactly what i need, but the price is way to much for something i know i can do for a lot cheaper.

I looked around and saw thison ebay, it looks like the exact same thing, but at a faction of the cost.

Can anybody tell me if this device on ebay is what i need, and if not could you please direct me to cheapest possible way to achive what i need to do, any help at all would be great.

Thanks in advance

Jrok’s encoder’s like, 70 bucks, FYI. :slight_smile:

It all depends on what kind of connections your recording equipment has. If you have say a standalone DVD Recorder with RGB SCART connection (hey, you’re in the UK so seems possible) you could hack up a simple cable at less than 10, but if you need S-video or composite for connecting to a computer-based capture card an encoder like the $70 JROK will be required. Obviously you will also need a microphone to record audio outside of the game.

pretty sure Hsinpao.com.tw sells that thing on the ebay link, but i don’t know how much they sell it for.

I think it’s JRok’s encoder I was going to get for my cab. I was trying to set my cab up so that my HDTV takes video using Component cables. That way if we’re playing a 4-player game, I could hook up two sticks using either extension cables or wireless, two can play from the HDTV, 2 from the cab. :wink:

If you have a supergun it’s mad easy to record stuff. All you need is a SG, a Capture card/deivce, cables, and a comp.

thats how I capture all my arcade realated stuff.

e.x.p. : http://youtube.com/watch?v=sr90rDrNzmg

Yeah, I was just going to say, it should be simple with a supergun…

what is a jrok?

I never heard of that before, any pictures of one?

I need the device for recording direct from a cabinet to a dvd recorder or possibley a laptop. I don`t really care, as long as the footage is direct, with sound from the crowd.

Also i need the device to be detachable so i can use it on other machines around the arcade, i can`t have it wired into any one machine.

Thanks again.

google jrok encoder. :slight_smile:

But the first one is always free, so…

http://www.jrok.com/

Next time you’ll have to pay for it. :wink:

It’s a long shot but you could try asking someone at Denjin-Video as they’ve been doing it for quite a while now…

safe guys

As I’ve already mentioned, if your DVD Recorder has an RGB SCART socket you can hack up a simple cable at very low cost (about 10). Will still need to get a separate microphone though.

some SCART sockets aren’t wired for RGB and only composite and stereo audio, so be wary of that too