Raven Dash Cancel

How do you do it? I see it as a vital part of his combos but i can’t do it. Ive spent hours in training attempting it to no avail. Please help!

Dunno if this helps but I found on stick it was much easier using a button besides hp for the dash cancel. I practiced cr.lp,cr.lp plink cr.hp, and then use lp for the cancel. Feels pretty natural that way. Made a world of difference for me.

Desk’s dash cancel video might be helpful
[media=youtube]cUyE7G3fOyM[/media]

It pushes my meager execution to the limit though so I can’t do it well either. Shame its such a big part of Raven’s play cause I really like him :frowning:

So, you’re basically doing d+HP, cancelling into QCB+LP, holding LP for a split second, then dashing out of it ala focus canceling? Is that how it works? You basically have to cancel moves into that character’s chargeable special and then dash out of it?

For some reason, you don’t actually have to hold down the button when doing the loop, I havent seen any other charge moves like that, but then again, I haven’t really tested. Ok, so I just gave it some testing and apparently he can just straight up dash out of the first few frames of Wind Cross. Doing without cancelling into it from a normal can be hard, I can only get backdash because of :qcb:+:b:but I was still able to do it without holding the button down.

Ah, okay. Will get in the lab and try that out soon. Thanks!

I’ve only been able to land 5 of these in a row before the opponent falls out. Is 5 the max or am i mis timing it?

yeah 5 is the max when starting the juggle with cr.HP, each move has juggle potential like in SFIV so easy infinites aren’t possible when juggling. And say you start a juggle with a light attack, that decreases the amount of hits you can juggle with.

yeah i noticed after doing my standard bnb (poke with cr.MK, wind cross, st.LP, cr.HP) you cn juggle a max of 3. It actually does more damage to just juggle twice and end with MK alter ego

5? i can only do 3. i have been testing and hit crHP, as i hit that i quickly continue with QB lp than quickly tap forward twice and repeat. sometimes however i go under him and it reverses my moves stopping me at two juggles.

am i doing it too slow?

this is a simplified way of how i do it. i play on pad and i’ve found this motion i use to work really well. so yea, if you play on a ps2/3 pad and you need some tips, follow this:

cr.hp with my index finger on (r1 button). then i input a quick quarter circle back and start double/tripple tapping light punch (square button) with my thumb, then i go into the forward dash still tapping the light punch button.

i have this down with huge consistency compared to even a week ago.

offline = around 90% consistency
online = about 70%. but online is online.

You don’t have to tap punch after inputting the move you just have to dash out before wind cross goes active. I don’t even hold punch when I do this and very rarely miss anything.

i know. my way of doing it isn’t text book, but the rhythm works for me.

I play on pad and have no problem what so ever:

From a juggle or ground i push down + HP, then slide across DB,B (finishing the qcb) then i release HP and push MP (some sort of pseudo-negative edge-plink perhaps helping with consistancy, but probably not) at this point im holding MP and am in wind cross. Dash forward, release MP and hold down, wait a split second for them to fall into place, then HP repeat.

So:
cHP,db,bMP, ff ~ repeat.

I find the timing and spacing harder than the execution, you should stand a step back from point blank to ensure you dont cross under them when possible.

Holding down between iterations will help because your hitbox lowers, and will allow them to fall back into place.

Just hold down and do it late. The spacing doesn’t matter if you do that, from what I can tell. I can start it point blank, and provided I hit cr.HP low enough to the ground, it works every time.

If you want to combo into Super, you need to be mindful of whether or not you started point-blank, such as after a deep launcher. If you did, your combo looks like this:

After Launcher: cr.HP SDC cl.HP xx Super (Inputted in Reverse)

This will cause you to cross under the opponent as the cl.HP comes out, and you’ll do the super in the opposite direction. The combo I listed is max damage after most situations, such as Cammy’s cl.HP > cr.HP xx Launch. You could juggle more cr.HPs, but then you’d end up doing less damage.

Also, you look like a boss ninja if you suddenly decide to juggle them backwards.

If you ever goof and get EX Shuriken instead, just sweep them for the hard knockdown, pretend you meant to do it and continue pressure.

What are some max damage combos you can get off this loop? I just do 3 c.hp’s and then st.hp into super lol.