Rate my Necro!(Kaillera Vids)

So I should watch my distance and change up my timings, by not always attacking. Alright I’ll try it and post some vids.

@Rock: Thanks so much for your comments. If you’re new to Necro, then I definitely suggest you use el-snake. I forgot who on the boards said it(I was trying to quote him) but “SA3 is the best super. Period. It teaches you how to use the bastard :lol:.” Mag storm is good, but its 1 stock and it runs out eventually. If you depend on it your game will be more focused towards getting super and hitting them with it. So basically you’ll play Necro liek you’re Yun, but you’re not Yun at all. :lol: Coreografo also said it best: Necro is all about corner game, positioning, stun and mindgames. You learn all that with sa3. I didnt even use sa1 until someone suggested it was better vs the twins and certain other characters.

About c. lk xx super. The reason I dont use it much is because its hard to juggle after it, and the stun isnt so good. I usually use it if I know I can definitely stun the person with it or want a lot of free damage (c. lk xx sa1). I use it a lot when I have sa1 but otherwise I dont bother doing the super cancel. c. lk -> lp tornado -> db + hp -> reset in the corner is a lot better IMHO :D. But yeah, welcome to the Necro line, if u need more help u can check my or coreografo’s threads about necro. Peace!

I’m glad I could help a lil’. I find MS more fun but I’ll try using ES more, although I’m pretty bad at using it and it seems the best time to connect with it is after baiting certain attacks and then countering with b mk, s. tornado. I’m not that good at getting ppl into the corner, but I’ve read the methods. I seldom catch someone off-guard with his far-range command grab. I ALSO have a habit of trying to attack too much and I guess since he’s got bad priority, it’s all too easy to get countered/stuffed. I seem most likely to hit someone w/ cr. lk, MS when someone empty jumps on me from a distance.
I’m heading out for now but I’ll be back later. peeeeeeeeeeace. ~Nick :slight_smile:

Hey people I’m new to the thread,but not new to Necro nice to meet you guys.

Alright Blaq like others have said you have a good offensive preasure that’s nice, but your always attacking none stop. There lies the reason why your getting hit so often cause your always thinking of what offensive move to do next that your not paying enough attention to what your opponent is doing and learning,even though you might think you are. Just relax and think a little more about your next move see what the opponent has trouble dealing with and exploit them more untill they dont work as much then start throing out new stuff,instead of just thrownig out all your moves.

Another thing you need to work on is zoning. It seems like whenever someone feels like getting close to you they can. Learn you pokes a bit more and at what range they can punish without getting you hurt and it will make your opponent back off. Also use more B.MPxxES this scares some opponents of dashing in to much or doing more risky moves,thus keeping you more safe bettering your defence aswell.

I have more,but I’m to tired to wright lol. You have a pretty solid Necro game none the less and once you learn your pokes a little better and think a bit more you’ll be a great Necro player.

Later guys.

Dude you just come out of nowhere and gave me probably one of the best sets of advice anyone has ever given me on Necro. Thanks man. I kept on thinking that I might be attacking too much, but I always kind of thought it was ok as an attempt to mindfuck the opponent xD. But I’ll start thinking more for sure, and if you have any more advice please add it :D.

P.S. Here are some more recent videos of me playing my friend Frantastic. I think I was using my head a bit more, but since these videos I’ve been trying to play it even safer than this, so they’re not an 100% comparison for progress, but comments are still welcome!

#1:[media=youtube]MZEtxT2BJY8[/media]
#2:[media=youtube]36wBfHKNq98[/media]
#3:[media=youtube]xZYLwNP1SI0[/media]
#4:[media=youtube]hqfhYhyzOQE[/media]
#5:[media=youtube]Xuk9k8U4ivw[/media]
#6:[media=youtube]mdNWBDMzzQQ[/media]

Stray Casuals:
1: [media=youtube]nEzwjJAc4h4[/media]
2: [media=youtube]9aYppWx9A1w[/media]

I got wooped the most on #5 when he picked Ken, so thats probably where I can get my best criticism. Thanks again for everyone’s comments and hopefully my scrubbiness can help others know what not to do/what to do as well xD.

I checked out your casuals. At least to me (I’m still kind of a scrub, though) you gave Frantastic a through beasting. Good job baiting out his shoryu first round against his ken.

Hey no problem man, I always enjoy helping others. I’ll give you more tips later on tonight or tomorrow will see.

I wil give you a fast tip against YUN though,but it takes practice and awareness and you might already know it,but it’s worth mentioning. When YUN goes into Genei Jin and he starts pounding on you and chiping you,most players will get tired and just use YUN’s command grab IF you see it coming do a cr.jab to stop it. Sometimes it gives you enough time to do a super jump and sho drill the hell out of there lol. Even if it dosen’t give you enough time you will have saved a bunch of damage and it might even get thr yun player second guessing to use the command grab so often.

Anyways that’s all for now.

Later.

snizzap I didnt know cr. jab could stop it without worry, I’ll try that, thanks!

Btw on a random note, where did you get that really cool drawing of Necro in your AV? its awesome and I’d love to see it in the original.

I found it on google. Just wright (Street fighter Necro) and it should be on the bottom right on the second or third page.From there they should have a link to the original.

Edit: I think I read somewhere that you play pad am I right? If you do purchase yourself a stick as soon as possible. You can only get so good on pad. On stick there is no stop to your potential.

I’m in a hurry ,so I’ll give you another fast tip.

A lot of Necro players seem to have trouble with a good rush down Akuma.

1.Against an offensive Akuma player you should usse SA1-They won’t rush you down as much and hit them whith it and say bye to half there life.(If you don’t beleive me that SA1 is better vs an offensive Akuma then watch Sugi’s match vs Jiro and see how well he did he kept getting rushdown with nothing in response and on top of that jiro really had nothing to be afraid about since sugi had nothing to stop him or sacre him into not doing rushdown against him and the only anti air that works against Akuma is (jap Elec) cause his dive kick kills both b. feirce and cr.mp,so having another ani air that can cause serious damage like SA1 would really help necros game vs offensive akuma and at the same time scare the guy.

1. Against a defensive Akuma player I use SA3,but you can also use SA1-I use SA3 vs them cause they wont be doing to much out of the ordinary and throwing out pokes wich can lead to parry then BnBxxES you know the deal. I’m not done with reasons why I use SA3 against Akuma,but i got to leave soon and I wan’t to leave you with some general strats vs and type of akuma.

1.When you see there overhead coming block the first hit and red parry the second hit into BnBxxES if you have a super,if not just b.mp into lp.hook or any variation of lp.hook combos. It will stop them from using it so much.Only do this when you sure about it.

2.Also most people think there is othing you can do when Akuma starts thrwing out rh.tatsu’s besies teching it,which is true unless you have a super. If the Akuma player starts rh,tatsumaking you then right after the animatin has finished just do a super and it will hit them no question asked and also stop them from spaming it.

Alright that’s it for now. I’ll watch your more recent vid’s later and give you some feedback.

Later.

No questions asked even with Electric Snake?

reversal ES will always counter rh hurricane

yes you can do this but i crouch rh hurricane and parry last hit(from the other side)
is really easy more safe and you can do more damage/stun
i pick sa1 vs gouki i prefer this because the gouki air fireball is a big trouble for necro

Yes your right, I was gonna edit that in,but you already said it. Thanks saved me some time,but I highly dout that you’ll be able to always do it so knowing that you can reversal ES after you’ve blocked a RH.Tatsu is a valuable peice of information and it’s much safer,by the way dude when a parry is involed it’s never safer then a sure ES counter like just blocking then doing the super no matter how easy the parry is.

Here’s another fast tip. Against chun use alot of jump in MP’s works great cause Necro’s got a slow jump and the other player can never be sure of when you gonna press the button it’s just to hard to parry,so most players just get hit by it or see it fast enough to block wich is still cool cause it gets you closer to her,but it works wonders I use it vs the best chun in my city and it works great. I think Blaq you know him by the name of Nantuku or something like that online. He told me you played him.

Alright that’s it for now.

Here Blaq this vid of Sugi is to show you more on how to use your mind and zone better.[media=youtube]fpS7aLkI4cA[/media]

Yes,he did fuck up in some parts,but for the most part he was patient and used his mind in planing the next attack as well as poking while keeping himself safe.

Hope it helps.

PLEASE post more matches: Blaq and everyone else :smiley:

Why don’t you post some of yours?

LOL, I’m a horrible player and just getting used to Necro. I also don’t have access to the equipment I need in order to put stuff online (but might have a friend who can help with that, and who is hoping to put some of our UCLA matches online at some point). I’m HORRIBLE with Electric Snake, or at least not as motivated to use it: MS is sooooo much more fun lol.

Necro isnt about FUN. Necro is about pain, heartache, and losing often!!! He’s the real American way!

P.S. Added two new vids vs Nica KO! I tried to use my head and zone more as suggested, so comments are welcome.

Thanks for adding those vids, Blaq. I saw them on YT before I read your reply :smiley: Could you add some Chun matches? I don’t know how to fight her, and esp. since there are some crazy Chuns at FFA. It turns out I was having execution problems; only to discover that the machine I play on most, seems to need repairs again (perhaps from extended usage), so I’m mostly focusing on strategy for now/getting opponents into the corner. It’s REALLY hard to get someone to fall for the “Snake Fang” (the low command grab: right?) so I can instantly corner them.