Raspberry Pi Fightcade system

I want to buy this Raspberry Pi : https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Complete-Starter-Kit/dp/B01C6Q2GSY/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483840967&sr=1-2&keywords=Raspberry+Pi

What OS would I load onto it in order to play Fightcade? Linux right? If that is the case, how would I get linux installed on something like this and then from there I should be able to just load the software and roms on it and run it right? Can I use Ubuntu for a more “windows like” interface? Please let me know. Thanks.

Diclaimer: I don’t own a raspberry pi or have done any research but saw 10 views and no responses and we’very been snowed in for 96hrs now and have not been sober when not sleeping.
•What OS would I load onto it in order to play Fightcade? Idk
•Linux right? Yes!
•f that is the case, how would I get linux installed on something like this and then from there I should be able to just load the software and roms on it and run it right? ** Yes **
•Can I use Ubuntu for a more “windows like” interface? ** Yep **
•Thanks ** NPAS! **

Why not just install RetroPie?

I want to be able to play multiplayer against people in games like 3rd strike… btw what about my Madcatz TE2? Will that work in a linux environment? I guess I’ll just have to get it all and see…

Recalbox and be done with it. Plug and play, no dirty work. No fightcade though.

Fightcade is not optimized for RPi ARM CPUs, hence there’s no fork of RetroPie or RecalBox (or other supported Pi OS) that supports it.

X86 (or x64) based PC (or Mac) is really the way to go if you want to dig into Fightcade goodness.

You want a Windows PC for that