Rashid General Thread: Desert Storm - second new character

So, he have that spinning kick that Chun-Li has in the first build, with Kan Ra/Al Rashid/Fakir/Pullum Tornado, Juni/Juli Kick, Storm’s moves and an Omen like fireball.

But I don’t care, he looks cool (not as cool as Shaheen) and I’m glad he isn’t a parody like Rufus.

Terrible design XD

And the gameplay, well…

No one can say it’s not cool :smiley:

But his animations remind me of El Fuerte all along.

The leaked list didn’t mention Vega, for example. But yeah, Zen and Laura should be coming this way.

I dunno I like his design, looks cool to me at least.

Now to wait for that HD 1080p 60fps trailer. Hopefully they drop it today

I think he looks really great.

Fuerte was more goofy, Rashid’s animation look straight badass. His design and moveset go well together. I’d say more comparable to Adon but way cooler.

IMO, regardless of how cool his animations might be, I can’t see past the goofiness of what looks like an 80’s cartoon stereotype with a saiyan scouter and sandals.

Between the Tornado V Trigger and the EX Tornado thing that goes straightup, I’m getting a serious Guile/Remy vibe on top of his rushdown.

And I think his design looks great, even if he hasn’t learned to detect energy yet.

Looks dope, what’s up with the el fuerte yahoo though… It seems out of place.

Edit: nevermind. Angerfist beats me to it. lol.

Another booty English VA smh…

Akuma uses sandals. i also think he looks better with sandals than if they were to put boots on him.

60fps version:

That VA needs to be replaced lol

[quote=“Citrus_monkey, post:19, topic:176438”]

I’lll be the first party pooper; I don’t like his design at all. I was hoping for something cooler :frowning:

Mostly, even though it’s nitpicky, I cant take a character wearing sandals seriously at all. It just looks derpy. Who the fuck wears sandals to a fight aside from naruto. He’d look way more combat ready with military boots or something, as of now he looks to me like hes ready to go to the beach.[/quote

Doesn’t Akuma wear some type of sandals?

He looks x10000000000000 better than Shaheen & Shaheen looks pretty dope!
MY NEW MAIN!
No one else can pick him.

HD TRAILER:

Yep, I was never a fan. I could get around his rope sandals in IV because it’s actual martial arts tradition, but rashid’s sporting the kind of hi-tec/CAT sandals that you see weary backpackers wearing, which looks infinitely derpy to me.

An 80’s stereotype? In Street Fighter? This has never happened before…

Funny how they used English VA for Rashid here but Ryu has Japanese one