Ranked is a joke

The entire method of hiding potential Friends from each other is idiotic. Layering another handle onto people and not showing PSN-id’s is just lazy lazy coding to make it easier to handle doing cross-plat play. It’s garbage and makes the community feel even smaller because I can’t organically grow my friends list because of this lazy bullshit.

Ranked has become a joke. Wait five minutes for a match, get RQed on just before you win. Rinse repeat. I’ve given up on points and moved on to battle lounge.

I don’t play ranked anymore. It is the worst ranked matchmaking system ever introduced into a fighting game. I just queue casualsnow. Unfortunately, less people play casuals (or they are dual queueing for ranked and casuals). So when I sit around for a while, I switch to battle lounges. Battle lounges is where you learn the most anyways. Repetitive matches against the same player (usually playing the same character) does a LOT for someone’s matchup knowledge. Then you can do things like put it on best of 5 or up the sets of matches above 2. I like playing best of 3 matches with best of 5 rounds. You end up with so many rounds against the same character, that the player can’t help but show you most (if not all) of their tactics.

I’m actually having a lot more casual matches recently. Maybe because everyone shifted to casual when they discovered the saltiness of never getting the point out of high ranked players.
It’s funny because at the beginning I thought “who the fuck needs casual matches when you have ranked and lounges”, then when ft2 was introduced I found out it’s the fastest way to play a lot of different people for more than a single match (nobody refuses the rematch unless the connection is shitty) and to learn MUs. Well, at least Ryu MU.

Ever play against someone that has ragequit on you before? Here’s what you do.

Go ahead and beat them again, but just when you’re about to win, quit on them first.

#ragewinning

I would happy donate my noob points if the matchmaking even give me players after 20 minutes for a 4-5 bar. Even if I get 5 bar on the screen, in match have 50/50 being a rollback ninja match. Maybe its me in Southeast Asia region problem, who knows.