Rainbow Mika change requests (with ACTUAL community input)

So I like the idea of the move in theory. It’s just that the implementation is lacking. The recovery blows and the actual bonus (+damage) is as boring and generic as boosts get. So let’s ditch the armor, the damage boost and ~halve the recovery. In place of that we’re going to have three versions of the move (N+MP/MK, f+MP/MK and b+MP/MK) each with different boosts to specific moves. Don’t care which gets assigned to which but some ideas for boosts would be ‘next Wingless Airplane is invulnerable from frame 1-1st active frame’, ‘Next Rainbow Typhon has armor’ and ‘Next Brimstone has extended knockdown’. We’re also going to add the option of finishing the ‘Stomp-Chop’ TC (LK~MP) with any version of the VS instead of special cancelling it (think Necalli TC into ground pound). To adjust for the change to the VS the EX version of Wingless Airplane will no longer have any invincibility but will see a small damage and stun boost. Ta-da, we now have an interesting, (hopefully) viable, tactically useful VS.

I think everyone’s V-Skill should just be like Ryu’s Parry. Then it would be fair and no one could complain.

But if having universal Parry is not in the cards then all I want is V-Skill to have (1) faster recovery. It should recover maybe 1-2 seconds faster. And (2) it builds more V-Meter, say 3-4 pips per V-Skill. If the recovery is massively sped up then there’s no need for the armor. And there’s no reason to buff throw damage either. IDGAF about the buff to throw damage, whooptefuckindo you get to do 30-40 more damage from a throw, who cares? No one gives a fuck about slightly more throw damage.

That fix would help her tremendously with keepaway/fireball characters. Because they can’t run away the entire time or else they have to deal with Nadeshiko.

I think the problem with the v-skill is that it just doesn’t fit the genre well. There is no real game in which you will ever get to a lvl 2 charge, so why does it matter that a full charge (the opponent literally sitting there for like 20 seconds) is an instant kill. If the skill were scary to approach, sure… But if it were scary to approach then it would be over powered. In short, it’s just a dumb design.

I really like the mic, and the hype speech she gives, but are they really done right? All I ever hear is “Hey” and then she throws the mic down…

This is what I see as a cool rework, but I know we’ll never get it. Capcom could care less about Mika’s viability or interesting design. She isn’t a star player on their team… but whatever, here it is.

When you activate v-trigger it is basically a taunt. Think like SF4 taunts where you were in a taunt-stun for the first half, and you could allow it to complete if you were really cocky and actually had time, but if the opponent came up on you then you could cancel out. So When you press mp+mk she will grab her mic, and for a duration she is locked into this without any ability to cancel, and with no armor. The duration would be about as quick as she currently pulls the mic out to the point immediately BEFORE she first shouts into it. At this point you can cancel your v-skill with any directional input and immediately gain control over your character again.

If she completes the Taunt Lock portion then she will begin her speech making. The tempo must be picked up a bit. There is a lot of dead air during her speech because of how much they have slowed it down, this needs to be cleaned up a bit. We are no longer on a clock to a virtually worthless OHK buff, so we can stand to speed this thing up so we can actually get a few lines out. Here is where it gets interesting, as she begins to give her speech she builds v-meter.

During this time she can cancel by pressing any directional input. There will be no mic throw if she does this, but she can immediately block any crazy cross screen move that would typically punish even the tap of the v-skill before, such as ex booms and such…

In addition to cancelling the speech by directional input she can enter mp+mk or hp+hk button to throw the mic. This 2nd activation will be a parry (mediums for low, heavies for mid/high). From the moment you press it she will go into a parry activation and throw the mic. This will be like Ryu parry, and you can re-input the command to continue to parry high or low. When the parry completes you will throw your mic. If this hits the opponent it does not deal any damage, but does an awesome animation / speech cap, puts them in hit stun and gives you +2 frame advantage. If you parry and there is no attack to parry then you will flail and badly drop the mic, being at your opponent’s mercy with some horrible 29 frame recovery or some such.

Goals: Make it less dangerous. Remove ridiculous OHK buff. Allow Mika more room to say her lines. Give Mika a better answer to unwarranted fireballs from across the screen.

Another change I would like to see with this is to change her from a 2 v-gauge character to a 3 v-gauge character, and add in a buff following her v-trigger activation to buff her next throw / super. This will be on a timer, and will be exhausted with 1 throw attempt similar to how Ryu, Cammy, ect all work. The 3 gauge change goes with the current change, which may allow her to charge her v-skill a bit more, and since we’re taking all of the damage buff away from there, I figured we could put it back in somewhere else. I think giving her a 1 time more significant damage buff that is tied to her v-skill is more thematic, but I think it may be too powerful. The 3 gauge should help balance that out.

Anyway - that is my wishful thinking about the v-skill.

They should let her get a small confirm off her body press. They should also make 5lk a standing low.

I want Mika to have an outfit where she is sporting a different hair cut. I would love an outfit where she has her hair down like Chun’s, Juri’s and Cammy’s battle outfits.

Mika

1. st.hk (charged) hitbox and hurtbox not working properly, many characters (Mika, Laura, Rashid… check the rest of the cast) can do cr.mk, move that are not fireball invincible recorded as attack below the dropkick and making the move whiff. Other option is to make this move a middle hit (like El Fuerte st.hk)

2. st.hk (charged) active frame should be 4 frame versus 2 frame. Point 1 would not be an issue anymore since player would get punish because their move window is now smaller. Also, this move is soo hard to time for punishing wakeup that 4 frame make sense

3. st.hk (charged) on hit should be +5 instead of +4 since st.lp is now 4 frame on startup making combos dificult for followup on hit

4. forward irish whip in a corner can be recorded with no rebound if the screen is not locked down in the corner even if the distance is close enough

5. ex flying peach should be invincible on the first hit and the armor should be removed. There is no reason for armor hit, it is just an additional useless handicap, same for Laura

6. Claps and passion press back to season 1. Invinsible wall removed still. Right now playing with Mika is facing an uphill battle. She got no normals to chain, and she cannot fight back on pressure. They never though throughly what they were doing by nerfing her.

7. cr.hp back to season 1

8. st.lp back to 3 frame

9. V-skill should be way faster OR provide parry attribute like Ryu and Alex on hit

10. V-Reversal is grab based on hit however grab is not activated on parry and armor hit (HUGE ISSUE)

I love all of these suggestions except maybe this. This would make EX Peach a reversal essentially and I doubt Capcom would ever do that. I’d like if they did that, don’t get me wrong, but I’m a realist. I think what they wanted to do with EX Peach is make it better at getting through fireballs at the cost of losing the good Oki she had. And that would have been fine if EX Peach had more range like Laura’s EX Bolt. Right now they fixed it so if you use it to get through fireballs at about quarter screen distance it will now hit fully (it didn’t used to hit fully if used at max range in season 1) but it’s still hard to use as an anti-fireball tool and that plus mediocre pokes has always been her Achilles Heel.

I’m trying to think of other things Capcom could do, that are relatively easy to implement, that could greatly help her.

Either give her back the mid-screen wall bounce or make MP have 6 frame startup and not be massively negative again. Either/or. It’s obvious that they nerfed it because of the Option Select people found. But I think giving her back the wall bounce but make the move unsafe as fuck might just balance it out. Making it unsafe would kill the Option Select and still be a fair trade for Mika’s bad footsie game.

Make Charged HK have less charge time and have less frames of recovery on whiff. It would be nice if you could use Charged HK and they couldn’t neutral jump on reaction to punish.

Make HK have 12-13 frame startup. That would be fair.

And most importantly reverse the nerf to cr.HP.

1. Would be INSANELY OP at this point.

2. Again, don’t feel like the normal was designed to do that. Charged drop kick has the potential to be the greatest normal a grappler ever had so it has to be toned down in a way.

3. Yeah, kinda agree on that one.

4. I don’t understand what you are saying.

5. Not happening.

6. I think the wall might get reverted someday but i can’t see passion press being -2 or have the old startup again.

7. I doubt they will bring cr.HP back. Regardless the move is still a heavy with 4 active frames, it absolutely still eats buttons as a counter poke. Still decent in resets and such. I would like to see it reverted back to at-least be neutral instead of -1. That way she would have something to make her way in on Guile specifically since the matchup hell without it now.

8. I don’t think st.LP being 3 frames is that important since cr.LP still does the job. HOWEVER We should be able to chain cr.LP into st.LP again. There was zero reason for this link to get removed. I miss doing cr.Lk,cr,LP,st.LP into LP peach.

9. Yeah, recovery could be a bit faster but i doubt they would keep the buff after being hit if they did so.

11- It is more in line with everyone else. Not really a Mika centered issue.

[double post]

Remember guys, this is the genius who said that you should be using Mika’s V-Skill in the neutral. I will never let you live that down because anyone who say’s that her V-Skill is good is fucking retarded.

I’ll rebuff your rebuffs:

1: charged HK has 32 frame startup right now. So buffing it like that (I would prefer faster startup and better recovery as I said) would be something. If they can’t react to a move that has 32 frames of startup that can easily be stopped with a Jab then that’s on them.

2: HK is ass because it has 17 frame startup and is -4 on block. Not difficult to understand, breh.

3: okay.

4: this is all the evidence I need to confirm that either (A) you don’t play this game or rarely ever play it or (B) you’re like a Bronze ranked player at best. If you actually played Mika in season 2 you would have noticed that now, if you’re just a little outside that corner and Rope Throw dudes into it you no longer get the wall bounce.

5: I do think that EX Peach needs a buff in terms of more range or something. Mika needs help countering fireball keepaway.

6: okay.

7 & 8: Figures you’d say that because you’re the guy who insists that V-Skill is good.

9: It doesn’t have the range which means she can’t as easily shut down frame traps like in season 1.

10: no one cares about the throw buff. Literally NO ONE CARES. All we care about is building V-Skill. This isn’t hard to understand, breh.

11: okay.

I have a question for you: do you even play Mika? You have mostly shit opinions and you have a Chun Li avatar. Nothing you have ever said indicates to me that you know the character. If you don’t know how to play Mika then okay, but why the fuck are you popping into this sub-forum and trying to have an opinion on something you don’t understand?

I do play Mika AND Chun. Also, because i play multiple character i understand what it is like to play as Mika and what it is like to play Vs Mika.

I decided to move on and live with the character instead of doing nothing but bitching and moaning like you do. She is nerfed, live and adapt with it or GTFO

Also

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0nHSQZXEAAMwK2.jpg

I understand the character well enough, don’t need your salty opinion on it.

I still have my doubts that that’s a legit Super Platinum. There may have been some ragequits there. That or season 1 Chun carried you. BTW, I hit Diamond, went back to Ultra Plat because season 2 is shit and rewards retard players.

Keep in mind that even Low Tier God hit Super Platinum so that’s not some amazing achievement, breh. And you still said that Mika’s V-Skill is good and should be used.

Never rage quitted once in my entire life. I made it to Super Plat with about 250 matches which is way less than most people.

Hell, ask @Froztey @OceanMachine @Neclord @JustinAkatsuki and @Iaxlight They all played against me before and they will tell you if i am legit or if i bullshited my way.

Also funny joke about Chun. She was the best no problem but good luck being carried by Chun. If you have the fundamentals, the execution and patience to play Chun well then you don’t need to be carried.

V-skill is good after certain things like rainbow typhoon because the damage buff means having 400+ damage super and 270 iirc EX rainbowt typhoon. Even Fuudo on Beast TV talked about this being great in with her super but what does Fuudo knows ? He is just another scrub.

When people say something is good it means that it now has a use, know how and when to use it. I am not sure you are familiar with that concept though since it looks like you need a flowchart to get anywhere.

>made it to diamond with Mika in S1
>says S2 rewards retards

Actually asshole, it’s not good after EX Typhoon because, GASP, they can still punish it. Maybe Gief can’t punish, maybe, but everyone else can punish it in some way.

I’m sure Fuudo meant V-Skill into HP cancel into Super for 472 damage. I’ve seen tons of Fuudo and Nuckledu matches and not once, ever, never, ever, never, have I ever seen them do V-Skill outside of it being used in a stun combo when they have super. Or used as a troll in the corner which Du has done a few times.

That is it.

Say’s the Laura scrub.

A scrub is a person that complains about things instead of figuring out how to beat them. Which describes approximately 90% of your posts on SRK.
That being said, I will ignore you after this post, since you can’t figure out by yourself that everybody on this site had enough of your shit. Call when you figured out how to bridle your ego.

i don’t think they can do anything to v-skill without making it overpower or making it completely useless, i think the real use of the v-skill is to help you build v-gauge, there are times that v-skill had allowed me to fill my v-gauge up, at minimum risk and having that v-trigger ready makes mika really scary.

The problem has always been that the V-Skill has way too much recovery to be used like that. I think by giving it faster recovery by about a second or two, removing the throw buff, removing the armor, and increasing the amount of V-Meter it builds would be more than fair. As I’ve said all of this before.

I can confirm that @amrraed is legit and good.